TaylorMade RocketBladez TOUR Irons Preview

I was just going off of when I hit them a month ago, top line seemed a bit bigger than the x hot pro I hit today
They actually aren't and they play quite nicely.

Here I was waiting for Freddie to drop in.

My exact thoughts.

You guys have me interested in seeing this comparo pics. The animated pics online are clearly not doing these justice in their seriousness.

I can't wait to hit these. I am so intrigued.

I am extremely curious to hit these vs the Rocketbladez I have been testing and see first hand what the true differences are. I like the look of the tour a but more but pictures are all I have to go on right now.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I can't remember. Ever hitting the ball as high as I did when I swung these. Every ball launched high and seemed to just hang in the air. Length will not be an issue with these irons.

For those who have seen these in hand, how would you compare them to the MCs? Do you think they might offer a little more forgiveness or length?

For those who have seen these in hand, how would you compare them to the MCs? Do you think they might offer a little more forgiveness or length?
Both length and forgiveness. Not even a fair contest. The MC were very stiff in their delivery and these are very fluid. I hit a couple out toward the toe and got a slight push with very little lose of distance.

Both length and forgiveness. Not even a fair contest. The MC were very stiff in their delivery and these are very fluid. I hit a couple out toward the toe and got a slight push with very little lose of distance.

I'll agree the these are forgiving enough for even an inconsistent swing like mine, minimal distance loss

From what people are saying, it sounds like these are better than the TP MCs in every way (except looks IMO). I will definitely take a few swings with these to see if I agree...I am really hoping that I don't like them. I do not need an iron ponder mode less than a year after getting my ideal irons (or so I thought).

From what people are saying, it sounds like these are better than the TP MCs in every way (except looks IMO). I will definitely take a few swings with these to see if I agree...I am really hoping that I don't like them. I do not need an iron ponder mode less than a year after getting my ideal irons (or so I thought).

I'm not in the market for irons either, but, boy, I shouldn't have hit the Rocketbladez the other day on a launch monitor!

The top line look is very nice. You will never know that the back of the club isn't appealing.

I sort of feel like the MCs were a players iron and their selling point, or big marketing push was the fact they were forged and look great. I guess the weight plate in the back may have added some appeal and they are some sweet looking irons. I really like the MCs as well. But, I sometimes wonder if I could benefit from a more forgiving iron and one with maybe a little more distance. I don't really want distance from stronger lofts, but technology.

I had the lefties IN HAND at the demo day Dam!

Awesome. I think these will be iron of the year for me. Exactly what I'm looking for in an iron.

Hit them@ the "Show".........as others have said....just an easy club to launch! Slightly thicker top line than mc but I wasn't put off by the size overall.

Awesome. I think these will be iron of the year for me. Exactly what I'm looking for in an iron.
Charlie I think you will really enjoy these, I know I did. The launch is high so it puzzled me but the ball was moving off the face. It reminded me of an PGA tour ball flight, a high arcing, long, soft iron shot. The kind that lets you swing easy and get to tucked pins.

I'd love to hit these things. They looked pretty damn good in the pictures.

Those irons are sweet i love the look but for me i think they are a bit small they dont give me the same confidence that the regular RBladez do

But, I sometimes wonder if I could benefit from a more forgiving iron and one with maybe a little more distance. I don't really want distance from stronger lofts, but technology.

Hit them on a LM and compare the launch numbers to your existing clubs. If the Tour version is like the non-tour version you'll see very comparable (if not better) launch numbers and extra distance, a very strong indication the benefits are a result of the total technology package and not just stronger lofts.

I think some of you guys need to see these IN HAND, way smaller footprint than getting credit for.

I like here this. Jman, not sure if you can speak to this or are allowed too, but how would you say these compare to say the Cally player offerings (Xhot Pro/X-forged) and the Amp Cell Pro? In terms of size and foot print?

What I would give to game those. Wow. Great looking clubs!!

Those irons are sweet i love the look but for me i think they are a bit small they dont give me the same confidence that the regular RBladez do

I've hit both and these felt better to me. I realize they are part of the Rocket line but to me they feel like a cross between MC and R11. They are extremely close to the 300 forged TM put out in the early 2000.

Charlie I think you will really enjoy these, I know I did. The launch is high so it puzzled me but the ball was moving off the face. It reminded me of an PGA tour ball flight, a high arcing, long, soft iron shot. The kind that lets you swing easy and get to tucked pins.

That is awesome to hear. I could use a bit higher launch and I really want to try the KBS Tours. Unfortunately, I won't be able to afford new irons for me, but were I purchasing these would probably be the first place I look. I really want to hit them up against my R9s to see how the numbers look.

Back