Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

These arrived at THP HQ this week and we will have tons of in hand pictures coming soon.

These arrived at THP HQ this week and we will have tons of in hand pictures coming soon.

Sweet, looking fwd to it.

Very nice, I took a few quick peeks at these at the PGA show but not enough time to form an opinion. Looking forward to the photos and thoughts!

I've been waiting for this! Cant wait to see some in hand pictures!

The inhand pics are being anxiously awaited for after the nice inhands of the MTs

1st post updated with in hand pictures.

Very clean for transitional iron. I like it.

nice clean look. Actually looks a tad bigger than I anticipated(not a bad thing). I expected them to look more like the CB's at address

Man those look nice. Not quite as polishy shiny as I thought they would be. I am looking fwd to these hitting the stores so I can see them lined up with the rest of the 588 line side by side.

I like them, the in hand pictures look quite nice. Like ddec said, a bit bigger than I was expecting.

They are all done with the 7 iron.

nice clean look. Actually looks a tad bigger than I anticipated(not a bad thing). I expected them to look more like the CB's at address

My thoughts exactly! But I welcome the larger look. Actually, with the ability to combo the sets and the size of the TT being larger than I thought, Now I can go:

Option 1
4i MT
5i MT
6-DW TT

Option 2
4i-6i MT
7-DW TT

This is almost like the mid to high handicappers version of a Pro combo set (ala Nike)

These remind me of the JPX 800 Pros.

I like! I think when people heard TT (tour trajectory) they thought they make look a bit more playerish. IMO, the 588 MB's and CB's are the player series and these are all definitely in that GI line. I am thinking 8 or 9 through DW in these will make it into the bag.

They are all done with the 7 iron.
That being the case...I dont see this as being bigger than expected. It is a 7 iron.

I like them. A good looking GE iron. I want to hit them soon

I am trying to figure out just how much offset there is. It seems to be pretty minimal.

I like them. A good looking GE iron. I want to hit them soon

I agree Dean. I want to hit these.
Third! The reason these have caught my attention so much goes back to the weekend I gamed the Rbladez. Bigger than what I was used to in the DPCs, but found them easy to hit and the extra forgiveness was nice.

I am trying to figure out just how much offset there is. It seems to be pretty minimal.

I think you are right. These seem right up my alley. Minimal offset with plenty of help.

I agree Dean. I want to hit these.

I hope you bag these because when we play together, which is inevitable, I will get some on course testing haha

Third! The reason these have caught my attention so much goes back to the weekend I gamed the Rbladez. Bigger than what I was used to in the DPCs, but found them easy to hit and the extra forgiveness was nice.
Thats what I have loved about my R11's. the forgiveness but not clunky. And these look like they would offer just that.

Back