2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

Weather here is suppose to turn to crap tomorrow. I may see about sneaking out early to go to the range

Played my first 18 yesterday since August. Shot a 90 with 25mph winds. Not good. Need to work on a couple of things with my short game. Good news is that my knee did not give me any trouble with a brace on. That was my main concern. So with a little work I should be shooting in the 80's again by March. Can't wait!

Played my first 18 yesterday since August. Shot a 90 with 25mph winds. Not good. Need to work on a couple of things with my short game. Good news is that my knee did not give me any trouble with a brace on. That was my main concern. So with a little work I should be shooting in the 80's again by March. Can't wait!

Yesterday was very windy. I went to the range and hit some 9's, 2H's and Drivers. Fortunately, our facility faces south. So, it was in our face. I did a little putting. But, the wind was effecting break.

Yesterday was very windy. I went to the range and hit some 9's, 2H's and Drivers. Fortunately, our facility faces south. So, it was in our face. I did a little putting. But, the wind was effecting break.

What range do you go to? I go to leonard's links on occasion. Planning on going again sometime this week.

Just realized that the Sunday round will be on St. Patty's day. I'm going to green out all the way. I'll be so distracting that it will give me a great advantage. Now I just need to find some sweet green pants.

What range do you go to? I go to leonard's links on occasion. Planning on going again sometime this week.

I go to Leonard's also. We'll need to hook up one of these days.

Just realized that the Sunday round will be on St. Patty's day. I'm going to green out all the way. I'll be so distracting that it will give me a great advantage. Now I just need to find some sweet green pants.

How bout these
images

^^^lol. Those should do the trick.

I'm going with these:

PNT-SPD_tall_front_15.jpg

What rate are you guys getting at the Motel 6?

Here's my info from my confirmation email.
=======================================================
RATE INFORMATION
=======================================================
Fri, Mar 15 $43.99 USD
Sat, Mar 16 $43.99 USD

---------------
Total $87.98 USD
*NOT including taxes of: 13.00% upon
check-in (subject to change)

I cant believe Jake and JJ are coming! So pumped to see you guys again

My wife thinks I'm crazy to drive that far for basically 1 day but she simply doesn't get how awesome it is hanging out with THP'ers. I'm really looking forward to it.

She is right, you are crazy but your right also, THP'ers are great to hang out with. Looking forward to meeting you.

Last edited:
Reminder of who we have for the "extra rounds" so far. Let me know if anything needs to be changed!

Friday afternoon round - time TBD - TangleRidge Golf Course (11 golfers thus far)

Cookie
Nate
Tadashi70
RonInThornton
bulldog
TexasHacker34
ducmike
bhilton
pkielwa
hammer84
threeboysdad (maybe)

Sunday morning round - 9AM - Grapevine Municipal Golf Course (20 thus far)

Cookie
Nate
JeffReedMO
Ryan (friend of Jeff)
threeboysdad
RonInThornton
WestTex
jank1434
SharkHat
afwcardinal
Zeff
niteowl03
ROliver
dtak84
TrueFX
TBT
Bulldog
capt.dru
hammer84
staticline (maybe)

Here's my info from my confirmation email.

13% Sales tax?!?! Eff that, I'm out!!!

I cant believe Jake and JJ are coming! So pumped to see you guys again

Boom! Check that, back in!

My wife thinks I'm crazy to drive that far for basically 1 day but she simply doesn't get how awesome it is hanging out with THP'ers. I'm really looking forward to it.

My GF is just whatever about it. I bought her a freakin house, she has no say :D

She is right, you are crazy but your right, THP'ers are great to hang out with. Looking forward to meeting you.

Also looking forward to meeting a bunch of new THPers!

13% Sales tax?!?! Eff that, I'm out!!!

That is insane! I wonder if that is the sales tax for Dallas. If so, I'm glad I live where I do.

That is insane! I wonder if that is the sales tax for Dallas. If so, I'm glad I live where I do.

Thats hotel taxes.. Pretty standard everywhere I believe

Dallas is 8.25% sales tax

Reminder of who we have for the "extra rounds" so far. Let me know if anything needs to be changed!

Friday afternoon round - time TBD - TangleRidge Golf Course (11 golfers thus far)

Cookie
Nate
Tadashi70
RonInThornton
bulldog
TexasHacker34
ducmike
bhilton
pkielwa
hammer84
threeboysdad (maybe)

Sunday morning round - 9AM - Grapevine Municipal Golf Course (20 thus far)

Cookie
Nate
JeffReedMO
Ryan (friend of Jeff)
threeboysdad
RonInThornton
WestTex
jank1434
SharkHat
afwcardinal
Zeff
niteowl03
ROliver
dtak84
TrueFX
TBT
Bulldog
capt.dru
hammer84
staticline (maybe)
Cookie It think TBT was playing on Sunday............

Snow here today, will probably stay on the ground at least through the weekend so no practice other than carpet putting for the next week at least

Back