2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were also told that we will not know which bag we are getting until it arrives. Pretty cool option to have our forum names on there, and I love a good surprise! I'm not sure if I'm going to put my forum name on there or not, I'm still up in the air about it.

I'm excited for this for sure!
I would have loved this option last year! That's sweet!

I like the idea of forum names being on the bags...although not sure how good TripleBogieTim would look on a staff bag....hehehe

Been thinking about doing the name change to TBT since that what everyone calls me anyways
I vote no! You are always Triple Bogey Tim! I won't ever change mine to Smalls or Smally.

I can't wait for rookies to get their bags. I want to hear what goes on in their minds when it arrives.

My first staff bag I picked up at THP HQ the first year. It took me 30 minutes to get it set up and even then I was using jbs bag as a cheat sheet.
A cheat sheet sounds like a great idea.

Like many have said. The staff bag is probably the one thing, other than memories that people will keep for a lifetime.

I can't wait for the Staff Bag to come in. I think at that moment, it's gonna get real.

I can't wait for rookies to get their bags. I want to hear what goes on in their minds when it arrives.

My first staff bag I picked up at THP HQ the first year. It took me 30 minutes to get it set up and even then I was using jbs bag as a cheat sheet.

I am excited to get my staff bag, like Howzat said, it will show how I am really part of all this.

Are the Morgan Cuppers planning on putting their Staff bags into play right away?

Have been plotting along viewing and was wondering if this is the first step for equipment, the staff bags. How far out are you all from picking your tools for the Morgan Cup and is there a timeline that this has to be completed by?

Have been plotting along viewing and was wondering if this is the first step for equipment, the staff bags. How far out are you all from picking your tools for the Morgan Cup and is there a timeline that this has to be completed by?

I dont think there is any timeline. We have not been told anything about equipment yet. I know many of us are trying to get prepared with our decisions when the time comes.

Are the Morgan Cuppers planning on putting their Staff bags into play right away?

No. As someone who walks majority of my rounds on a very hilly course it just doesn't make much sense. I will most likely be bringing it to the outing in May though to show it off.

I certainly will as long as the conditions are solid

I dont think I will. I think I want the bag looking new when I get down to the MC.

Not a chance.
I thought that too last year, but once I got it, I figured what better way to promote the event and rep my sponsor? I held off for about a month or so, but I used it from that point all the way through the Des Moines outing in September.

No. As someone who walks majority of my rounds on a very hilly course it just doesn't make much sense. I will most likely be bringing it to the outing in May though to show it off.
Yeah, you don't want to carry a staff bag! Will you be using it on the days you use a cart?

Yeah, you don't want to carry a staff bag! Will you be using it on the days you use a cart?

Nope. I don't like swapping things from bag to bag. I love the staff bags, but they just don't make sense for me outside of special occasions. Now if I rode every round I would probably have a different POV. I used mine last year at the outing and the week after and just used a cart. Got some compliments on it.

I will probably use mine every now and again, but my Bridgestone mini staff bag is looking pretty rough, I would hate it if my MC staff bag started to look that way.

I've been using my Yonex staffer for the past 5ish months, and dont think I can every go back to a non-staff bag. I ride every round, and it just makes sense. Plus, it lets everyone know how serious I am.

You're serious, but you ride in a cart. Hehehe.

No chance. The only clubs going in the staff bag are my new Callaways.

I walk all my rounds also but I use my push cart. However, I want to keep my bag in mint condition so it will only get used for the Morgan Cup. Only exception I might make is the Ohio Invitational

You're serious, but you ride in a cart. Hehehe.
And I have walks between holes that look like this, and walking isnt usually an option...

drivingtohole9part2_zps929e2091.jpeg

53C050B8-orig_zps6c37090d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back