What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 holes, got them in between bouts of rain. Played fairly well considering conditions. It was nice to make golf shots and not just hit on the range.

Had try outs today for the golf team I coach. Had everything from even par to one poor kid who took more than a 10 on every hole. Good thing was that every variety player was in the 30's.

Yesterday I spent some time practicing on the optishot and played 27 holes.

Just some THPING and working on my e6 writeup

Re gripped my Irons and 2 of my wedges

byvutyje.jpg

I hit some balls into the net today, was hitting it poorly and made some adjustments so hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.

I hit the Anser, R1, 913 d2 and the Exotics XCG6. The Anser and 913 were nice and the Exotics was okay but the R1 was not for me. None of them have a chance of taking out my gamer.

Just some THPing today.

reshafted 2 of my older Callaway Drivers. Razr Hawk and Big Bertha Diablo. Hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with one of them. My biggest mistake with my bag was after my first outing I jumped from my diablo driver to the supertri. Just never got comfortable with the supertri. The razr hawk got knocked out of the bag when the shaft snapped. So I threw the shaft that was in my diablo back in the day, prolaunch platinum, in the razr hawk and returned the diablo to it's stock DVS shaft. Even if they don't work out, it sure was fun spending some time in my shop area.

Extended two putters, made a backweight for one to match my mFGP2 in total weight and backweight, and replaced the stock grip on one while regripping the two SeeMores with new SuperStroke ultra slims.

Went to the range to hit the rocketbladez and break in my new blue bomber (Amp Cell)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Took some pics of my new irons. Swung the new irons inside. Daydreamed that it was at least 50 so I could go to the range. Swung my Frankenstick as well

I played 18 today.

Took some pics of my new irons. Swung the new irons inside. Daydreamed that it was at least 50 so I could go to the range. Swung my Frankenstick as well
I still want to see pictures of the frankenstick.

played 27 holes today in the snow and 32 degree weather. im either dedicated or stupid the wife thinks the latter.

Went to Golf Town Sudbury to pick my re-gripped clubs. But as I discovered a mistake with my recommended grip size w/xtra wraps. The re-gripping was way off (not thick enough) to fit in my palms. Immediately, brought 'em back and explained the faulty info I received about the new grip size and GT had to special order more of the new correct sized grips. Bad news: it'll cost me extra to have correct size grips. Good news: springs coming.

Went to Golf Town Sudbury to pick my re-gripped clubs. But as I discovered a mistake with my recommended grip size w/xtra wraps. The re-gripping was way off (not thick enough) to fit in my palms. Immediately, brought 'em back and explained the faulty info I received about the new grip size and GT had to special order more of the new correct sized grips. Bad news: it'll cost me extra to have correct size grips. Good news: springs coming.

They made you pay for their mistake??

TTing

Gathered clubs. Playing with a couple of THPers tomorrow morning and the range testing will be present. Drivers, irons and more.

Regripped my clubs.

Played 18, lost some $$$$.

Not their mistake

Not their mistake

They made you pay for their mistake??

TTing

It was wrong info from Graves Golf Academy site, I didn't notice mistake until earlier this week. I revisited GGA site to look at their accessories and came across their recommended grip sizes from hand measurements chart/table. I noticed that the info I gave GT for the re-gripping was way off what GGA had originally gave me through a fill-in measurements and club models I use (this was separate process through e-mailing my info and getting reply back). The reply I got back was for a smaller hand 7 1/2", my hand 8 1/2". This info I didn't notice. I asked myself later, Why didn't GGA have a link that takes you to that recommended grip size chart/table. GT had already done re-gripping with the incorrect info I gave them.
So, it wasn't Golf Town's mistake, but yeah, I have to pay for another re-gripping session.

The wife and I went to the demo day at one of our local courses. (Candler Hills) Was very good. All the big brands except Wilson were there. What I learned,,,,,, she wants one of everything! lol

I was able to try all the new drivers.. My favorite was the Cleveland 265 Black. So light and easy to swing.... Though I'm a TM guy, the R1 felt heavy..... Oh well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back