Spikes or spikeless

I went spikeless last year and will never go back. In general the spikeless shoes have a little more flexible last which I prefer as it seems to let me connect more to the ground.

I've never slipped or came close.

I have been looking at some ECCO spikeless all night. Debating wether to pick some up tomorrow at GG. I think I am going to pull the trigger. I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and believe these will eat it up and then some.

I have to admit....some days I do miss the metal spikes I use to have in my shoes.

I used them until the courses I played no longer allowed them. I still miss the clakkity-clack as you walked across the cart paths and parking lots.

Spike. I've debated this a lot and I just don't see the draw in spikeless yet. I like that I can refresh my spikes every season and not have to buy new shoes.

I bought my first spikeless 6 months ago, and I can't see myself going back. There is something really convenient about getting out of the car, throwing a carry bag on to my shoulder and going to the first tee. Never had any traction/slipping issues.

I'm still in spikes and just bought a paid of Ecco'a that I've been eyeing up for about a year but really interested El Bandito that you've not had any problems with spikeless in the UK??

Given how wet it's been they must be really good, might have to try a pair!

Spikes in the wet and spikeless in the dry for me. I'm debating getting a pair of TW2013 which have a few spikes but the flexibility and wearing them for everything.

Spikeless are way way more comfortable, but spikes are much better when it's wet out. They hardly ever slip.

I know were not allowed metal spikes anymore, but what about on the PGA tour there was 2,3 guys wearing them at the Hyundia this year. And I kept thinking no one says anything or the "Pros" are allowed.

//

For me depends on the course, if it's casual 9 hole course after work I'll wear my Nike Golf Shoes with the nubs.. But if I'm actually at mens night or go to a nice course everytime I'll wear spikes feels to good!!

Do you prefer spikes or spikeless on the course? I'm wearing Nike spikes now but have thought about going without.
Does it depend on the course for you or just your style?
If really wet, I stick with spikes(Adipure). For the rest I wear Kikkor or Adicross.

Ireland courses are dangerous without spikes. More of a safety thing then a functional

Spikes all year in Scotland...

Been wanting to try spikeless. Really like all Ecco shoes so will probably give them a try when I get the money.

Had no problem with traction with spikeless.. in fact I think they hold a bit better, even in the wet stuff. Adicross 2. Only negative so far is they leave waffle marks in soft greens, compared to the ring marks with soft spikes. Either way they go away in about 5 minutes and haven't caused a problem... just more visible with the spikeless.

I merged a few like threads

I tried going spikeless, but just didn't feel secure enough on a dewey morning. I kept feeling like I was going to slip which really took away from my concentration. In dry conditions I think they're the bomb, it's like playing in and old pair of tennis shoes. For now I'll stay with soft spikes until Nike comes out with a really good spikeless shoe.

Kelly, I could imagine you guys needing spikes all the time, it stays so wet and the conditions would dictate a need for stability.

I tried going spikeless, but just didn't feel secure enough on a dewey morning. I kept feeling like I was going to slip which really took away from my concentration. In dry conditions I think they're the bomb, it's like playing in and old pair of tennis shoes. For now I'll stay with soft spikes until Nike comes out with a really good spikeless shoe.

Kelly, I could imagine you guys needing spikes all the time, it stays so wet and the conditions would dictate a need for stability.
I have never had a slippage issue, rain or shine.

Which Nike spike less do you have? I have been wanting to try some. Would like to find a good spike less summer shoe for walking. My problem is I wear size 14. Hard to find!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have never had a slippage issue, rain or shine.

That's cool, you go after it pretty good too. I'll hang on to the spikes for a while until I feel more stable or comfortable going spikeless.

I much prefer spikeless and the kind that have the nubs instead of soft spikes even better! You just hop out of ya truck, throw the bag on the cart, and haul arse. Good stuff :thumb:

I used to have metal spikes, until all the courses changed to only allow soft spikes but I am not sure I would ever feel totally confident without spikes, especially after something my dad once saw happen when someone snapped the ligaments in his knee when hitting his tee shot due to damp ground and no spikes

I am dying to get out to the course and try out my new adidas Adicross shoes, it is my first venture into spikeless golf shoes and I am excited.

Spikes don't think I will ever go spikeless, I really just do not like the look of them. They look goofy to me but that's just my own preference. To each their own.

I am dying to get out to the course and try out my new adidas Adicross shoes, it is my first venture into spikeless golf shoes and I am excited.

I think you are going to be spoiled old man! My next purchase will be the ones with velcro straps :D

I think you are going to be spoiled old man! My next purchase will be the ones with velcro straps :D

Loudmouth shorts and velcro straps at the outing will be awesome, you and Jman will need a picture of just the two of you rocking the outfits.

Back