Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

I saw that too.

The funniest part of the commercial is the fine print at the bottom
LOL. I just caught that after you mentioned it.

Got some numbers today...

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360800161731.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360800161731.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
Then I put them up against the amp forged..

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360800211903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360800211903.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
XMan what club were you hitting in both the XHot and the Amp?

XMan what club were you hitting in both the XHot and the Amp?

Both were 6i. The xHP had the PX95 6.0 shatf and the Amp Forged had the KBS Tour S+

Tapping away on my S3

Wow that is a seriously long XHP 6 iron XM, but man are those spin numbers low. I'm surprised to see such a high launch with the low spin numbers.

Wow that is a seriously long XHP 6 iron XM, but man are those spin numbers low. I'm surprised to see such a high launch with the low spin numbers.
This what I was seeing with the Ctaper. The ball launched high and long. Ill be getting some one course demo with the iron this weekend.

Wow that's a long 6i. I was concerned about how they would address the possible spin issues and the difference between the 2 brands are huge. Anyone have actual on course feedback?

The spin numbers are off the chart for the AMP's but that is some serious distance with the XHP

I am about to buy these and saying goodbye to my beloved i20s. I hit these in the px5.5 and man the ball sings. The pros are sweeeeeet

I am about to buy these and saying goodbye to my beloved i20s. I hit these in the px5.5 and man the ball sings. The pros are sweeeeeet

Pros??

Better than your pings? You hit them extremely well the day we teed it up

Better than your pings? You hit them extremely well the day we teed it up

Well maybe. I dug a lot with the pings and the only question mark I have is turf interaction in good conditions. But man it's going to be tough to leave those i20's

these are beautiful! love these.. Razor X were awesomely soft when I hit them, when I shopped for irons..

Man, you guys are killing me. I've had my XHPs for a couple weeks now, and all I can do is look at them in the bag. I've actually brought my bag into my office so I can grab a club every once in awhile and waggle it! Heck - with the snow I have on the ground, I'll probably have to regrip before I actually get them outside to a range. Until then, I will just have live vicariously through you guys that live in warmer weather- keep them X-hot Pro stories coming!

This is how I'm feeling now also. My XHP's came in last week and i keep taking them out of the bag a swinging them in the house, but only the short irons, dont want to break stuff. I feel like I'm going crazy. Chicago needs to warm up fast.

What is the main difference between the hot and pro other than loft? Between the two of them they are the same lofts as my cleveland mashie irons

What is the main difference between the hot and pro other than loft? Between the two of them they are the same lofts as my cleveland mashie irons
From a construction stand point, the pros are sleeker and more in line with a players iron but with the forgiveness of a GI. The Xhot model has a large profile, thicker top line and sole. They also have a more pronounced offset but not obscene. Both launch high and long.

I had the Pro on the course today and saw a great deal of drooling...oh that was me. I hit the Xhot pro 6i from the left rough under some tree from 187 with a 3/4 knock down. I then hit it from 187 into a strong wind and was wishing for my own personal shot tracer. It was a high arcing fade that hit the right side of the green and spun off. That is typically a roasted 5i shot with that breeze with my Bstone j40s. The last shot was from 225 from pine straw with the ball above my feet into that same breeze. No I didn't green it but that same fade showed up and I was left with 30 yards I to the green.

Got my pros to the LM today to make sure all was well with these today. And I must say that all is good and so much more.

I am really impressed with these already. From a looks stand pint they are stunning, the only slight problem I have with them is the offset. This is just a personal thing as I am not usually one to play an iron with some offset. Granted its not very noticeable but compared to the previous sets I have played I could see the difference.

All the aesthetics didn't mean a thing once I started swinging these things though. A nice baby draw and just long high shots, time and time again. I was averaging right around 190 carry with my 6 iron, which is further than I have ever been.

From top to bottom though these clubs are just so easy to hit and go a very long ways. I am very impressed and lot forward to getting out on the course here very soon and seeing what they can do out there.

Got my pros to the LM today to make sure all was well with these today. And I must say that all is good and so much more.

I am really impressed with these already. From a looks stand pint they are stunning, the only slight problem I have with them is the offset. This is just a personal thing as I am not usually one to play an iron with some offset. Granted its not very noticeable but compared to the previous sets I have played I could see the difference.

All the aesthetics didn't mean a thing once I started swinging these things though. A nice baby draw and just long high shots, time and time again. I was averaging right around 190 carry with my 6 iron, which is further than I have ever been.

From top to bottom though these clubs are just so easy to hit and go a very long ways. I am very impressed and lot forward to getting out on the course here very soon and seeing what they can do out there.

First off congrats! Do you feel they are too forgiving for the style of iron they are? I'm not complaining but these clubs are surprisingly forgiving. You don't expect that looking down at them but the ball performs on off center hits and really performs when hit flush.

How were the backspin numbers? The new XHot irons and woods have my attention. I had a new set of Razr X Tour irons last year in an attempt to toy with GI irons. I moved them because of inconsistent distances. I'd hit some right at my distances and others flew the green.

I'm really liking what I have heard from the X Hot Pro Irons! Sounds like the Callaway staffers are in for a real treat.

190 yard 6 iron is solid buddy. Sounds like you have yourself some winners here man, that's awesome. I went to the golf shop today and drooled over the X Hot Pro irons again. Man these babies are awesome!

Back