How many Hybrids/Fairway Woods do you carry?

BogeyMan60

Reaction score
Handicap
My Gut
Here lately I have been considering dropping my 3 and 7 woods and moving to 2,3,4 hybrids just because of how much easier I find it for myself to hit the hybrids. But is that a little bit overkill? I'm sure the popular consensus among members here would be to keep the 3 wood in the bag, which I have been improving with since moving to the Adams Speedline LP model. I've also been looking at the 3 wood, 3 hybrid, 4 iron route, but I really don't know how that will go considering I've never hit a 4 iron for the simple fact I've never had a set that included one. How much harder is it to hit a 4 iron compared to a 4 hybrid? And what's the average difference in distance you would see in a 3 hybrid and 4 hybrid? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for your help as always guys!

The difference is distance is the difference in what you hit each club. Nobody on here can tell you what the distance gap for your clubs will be.

It's meaningless, but I hit a 3 hybrid about 10-15 yards farther than a 4 if the model stays consistent.

THPing on Tapatalk

2 hybrids, 1 fairway.

1 of each. 3 wood and 3 hybrid

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

If you hit the hybrids better, then make the move. No reason to keep something because it is the norm.

I have a significantly harder time hitting a 4i as compared to a 4h. My distance gap between the 3 & 4 hybrids is 10-15 yards.

Play what works for YOU as that will make the game more enjoyable and should lead to lower scoring.

I only carry a 5 wood.

I have a 3 wood and a 3 hybrid. I recently dropped the 4 hybrid for the 4 iron in my set.

This changes for me but as of now, I have 2 fairway woods and 2 hybrids.

I carry a 3w and 5w.

I honesty believe that a 2 hybrid is an awful idea for amateur golfers. It isn't easier to hit than a 5 wood, at least for me. It's a smaller head than a wood on a shaft longer than a 3 hybrid.

Right now I carry a 2/3/4 hybrid. No 3W. My Bridgestone set is most likely going to be a strong 3W and 2/3/4 hybrid.

No hybrids and a 3 wood.

Depends. Sometimes 2 fws and 2 hybrids. Other times 1 and 1

And Blu is silly. I'm a beast with a 2 hybrid!

I carry a 3w and a 2 and 3 hybrid. I love my 2 hybrid and its one of the most consistent clubs in my bag. I will probably be dropping the 3 hybrid to add a wedge since I would rather have a closer gaping at the bottom of my bag.

I only bag a 2hybrid.

You're unlike most amateurs. You're a Morgan Cup champion. That makes you special.

Well I was trying to be humble....

I'm old so I carry a 4W, sometimes a 3H, always 4-6H

Sent from my DROID X2

I carry a 3 wood as it is actually better off the tee right now than my driver I also carry a 3, 4 and 5 Hybrid which the 3 and 4 fill the gap nicely between a 5 and 7 wood the 5h I just hit better than a 5 iron.

Right now I am carrying a 3W and a 3H and 4H

3 wood, 7 wood and no hybrids....for now

2 woods and 2 hybrids. Really thinking about adding another hybrid.

I change my mind all the time but currently I'm carrying a 5w and a 3 and 5 hybrid

Back