Forum Testing Signup - UST Recoil Shafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
[WITB][/WITB]Man I wish I could play now. I would love to test these out. Last year I got graphites in my DPC's. and love them. Stupid winter. But I do have an indoor range And winter be over in a couple weeks so why not...

1. What shafts are you currently playing? PX 5.5 graphite
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing? Not sure If they would be considered reg or stiff
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 93 grams
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? Yes currently
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? I wanted to try something different. Went and got a shaft fitting and my PX 5.5 were an option so I took them. Haven't looked back since.

I remember you loving those graphite shafts Bullfrog, it would be interesting to see how different these compare.

I will leave this testing to the more experienced THPers. When it comes to shafts. I'm still pretty green and get lost following along in some convos in those threads! But looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Very cool. This is going to be an awesome thread to follow and hopefully be a part of. Thanks THP and UST!!

1. What shafts are you currently playing?
Nippon 1050

2. What shaft flex are you currently playing?
Stiff flex

3. What is the weight of your shafts?
109g

4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before?
No never. Was always un der the impression they would be too lightvor the flex would be off for my SS

5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently?
Again, never even looked at graphite as most graphite iron shafts are in the sub 65g range. Until aerotech became popular recently I dont think many high swing speed players even considered graphite. Even with the Proforce iron shafts, the misconception of lighter weight and the notion of "graphites for seniors" was always in the back of my head.

Tapping away on my S3

i'd have to go with some RBladez Tour irons. That would be a long combo.

This is a cool test. I'd love to put them in my old irons, then in my current set to see how they compare. Since I've always thought shafts are the most important component of a club, I'd be curious to see LM results of both. What if the shaft makes old just as good as new - would you buy new clubs, or re-shaft existing favorites!

Would old clubs with state-of-the-art shafts be superior to new clubs with stock offerings? I'm curious to know. Hopefully one of the testers can get LM numbers for multiple scenarios.

Looking forward to this one.

In very intrigued by these shafts. Thanks UST and THP.

1. What shafts are you currently playing?

KBS Tour

2. What shaft flex are you currently playing?

Stiff flex

3. What is the weight of your shafts?

120gm

4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before?

No, I don't think I have ever swung an iron with graphite shafts.

5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently?

I never even considered graphite as I always thought they were only for slower swing speeds and people who need help hitting the ball high.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

Man, I'd love to be a part of this but don't have the right irons yet, so testing would be moot. Hope to hear some good responses from testers though!

Man this is such an amazing testing, I just can't get over it. Only at THP....only at THP...

I tap, therefore I am

Morning bump

Lunch time bump, because this is awesome!

So I said before I would go MP-H4's if selected. But dang if those i20's were staring at me this morning. Lets not forget my beloved Razr XF's either. I think that would be a wicked combo. These thoughts serve as a bump.

What a great chance to test the latest in iron shaft techonolgy. Being in the market for new irons and looking like winter is going to hang on for a few more weeks here I will refrain from signing up for this testing.

Thank you THP and UST!!

Shaft testing threads are awesome. So much unique insight from each tester with the different iron types. Really looking forward to this.

Not sure if this is allowed so please delete if not but what are the irons that these would be put in for everyone? I'm leaning toward some Mizuno MP-H4s

I'd put them in my Mizuno MX-300's in all likelyhood.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Shaft testing threads are awesome. So much unique insight from each tester with the different iron types. Really looking forward to this.

Its so true, and iron testing always brings a whole another aspect into it as far as depth. Gotta love that.

I want to try these in some Nike VRS Forged irons. Now I just need to get those irons haha

I want to try these in some Nike VRS Forged irons. Now I just need to get those irons haha

That would be a great combo. I am considering using DPC's

Its so true, and iron testing always brings a whole another aspect into it as far as depth. Gotta love that.

I agree 1000% percent. I wish I knew enough about shafts to even remotely do a shaft testing justice.

I agree 1000% percent. I wish I knew enough about shafts to even remotely do a shaft testing justice.

That's the beauty of testing, you will learn everything and more as a tester through the experience.

That's the beauty of testing, you will learn everything and more as a tester through the experience.

I am dont want to let THP or UST down. I follow along for sure. The KBS Tour 90 testing thread is one of my favorite threads on THP.

I am dont want to let THP or UST down. I follow along for sure. The KBS Tour 90 testing thread is one of my favorite threads on THP.

You should throw your name in if you can golf dude. I didn't have much shaft knowledge when I did the B. Asha testing and it was a really fun experience for me with lots of learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back