Forum Testing Signup - UST Recoil Shafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.
13-WebAd-recoil-900x200.jpg

The Product
THP TV caught up with UST about their new Recoil shafts and you can hear all about them right here.

Criteria

3 Forum Members will be selected to participate.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the shafts out and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be able to get them into your clubs and play golf (indoors or outdoors) immediately. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the shafts thoroughly.

If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What shafts are you currently playing?
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing?
3. What is the weight of your shafts?
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before?
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

The Testers
chunkylover77
CS
thetopdogg

Last edited:
As someone who loves graphite iron shafts this is amazing!

Whaaaaaat? Another testing??? Holy crap, you guys are bringing it!!! Thanks to UST and THP for this awesome testing opportunity!!! Cannot wait to read the reviews.

Last edited:
Wow! What an amazing opportunity. I am absolutely thrilled for this as these shafts intrigue me so much.

1. What shafts are you currently playing? Currently playing KBS Tour 90s
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing? Stiff Flex Shafts
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 90 Grams
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? My first set of irons were Graphite, but they weren't fitted and I bought them used before I knew anything about what graphite versus steel was all about.
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? I chose steel because I was fitted into these KBS Tour 90s. I have always been open to the idea of graphite, but cost usually keeps me away from them

Thanks to THP and UST for this amazing opportunity. After listening to the interview I cannot wait to see what these can do for peoples games. Better consistency and accuracy is something all of us could use.

Last edited:
This is a pretty big deal and an awesome testing opportunity. I do not know enough about iron shaft technology to feel comfortable that I would do a good job with this testing so I will not put my name in. With that said, I hope alot of people sign up for this. This is going to be an awesome testing. Thank you THP and UST for this great opportunity.

Very interesting and unique testing opportunity. Good luck to everyone. I look forward to reading these reviews.

Last edited:
This one is going to be really special me thinks, awesome opportunity!

1. What shafts are you currently playing? PX 5.5 flighted
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing? 5.5 / R+
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 115g
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? Yes
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? Mizuno Shaft Optimizer fitting

1. What shafts are you currently playing? KBS Tour
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing? Stiff
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 120 grams
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? I've played some rounds with Cleveland Black irons that had graphite shafts. The last time I owned a set with graphite shafts was back when I was in High School.
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? I picked my shafts based on recommendations for the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. The graphite option that kicked out from that was PX 5.5.

I don't know if there has ever been a testing I wanted to do more than this one. Just Wow.

1. What shafts are you currently playing? Ping CFS
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing? Stiff Hard Stepped
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 107g
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? It has been a very long time since I played graphite in my irons when I was young. So basically no.
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? Since I have decent swing speed no one has ever even mentioned that I try Graphite, and of course the ZERO amount of graphite iron shafts to demo in X flex that I've seen in my life is a factor as well. I've playedmostly UST graphite in my woods/hybrids for the last few years so if anyone can bust the mold for me it will probably be them.

Wow this is going to be one great testing, these shafts definitely have me intrigued.

1. I currently play the Project X Flighted steel shafts
2. 5.5, basically between stiff and regular
3. 115g
4. Yes, I don't remember what they were though. They were the stock graphite shafts on the Nike VR Full Cavity irons
5. I have chosen steel because I thought the accuracy was better on steel shafts than with graphite shafts.

Thanks THP and UST for another great testing opportunity!

I'll bow out of this one. Reason being what happened last iron shaft testing. Good luck everyone and I look forward to seeing the reviews!

THPing on Tapatalk

Lot of testing going on lately, too bad all I have is internet golf for a while longer. Good luck everybody, those shafts look awesome.

Thanks to UST and THP for this very intriguing testing.

Upon re-evaluation, I'm going to withdraw my entry for these, but I look forward to reading the thought on these from the chosen testers.

Last edited:
YES! I've been looking forward to this since the THP Birdie chirpped! Thanks THP and UST!!!

1. What shafts are you currently playing? True Temper Dynalite 90
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 90 grams
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? No I have not
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? I have always played steel because of the notion that graphite shafts were made for women or older men.

After thinking about this, I will step back on this. I won't be able to dedicate the necessary to the testing, to give these shafts the effort they deserve.

Last edited:
1. What shafts are you currently playing? Burner Superfast 85
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 85 g
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? Only on the range.
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? It's what came stock and I've always been told I needed steel. It would be neat to try out graphite iron shafts for a change.

Thanks for the opportunity THP and UST and best of luck to everybody interested.

1. What shafts are you currently playing? Truetemper PXi
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing? 5.5
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 108
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? A long time ago
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? Limited availability for fitting and pricing.

This is an INSANE testing opportunity! I've drooled over these since I first saw them. BIG thank you to UST and THP!

1. What shafts are you currently playing? KBS C-Taper
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 120g
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? No.
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? Dispersion and weight are the two key factors to my choice of shaft selection.

This is an INSANE testing opportunity! I've drooled over these since I first saw them. BIG thank you to UST and THP!

1. What shafts are you currently playing? KBS C-Taper
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? No.
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? Dispersion and weight are the two key factors to my choice of shaft selection.

I was pretty hyped by them as well and then seeing your hype after the PGA show made me more hyped.

1. What shafts are you currently playing?--KBS Tour 90's
2. What shaft flex are you currently playing?-Stiff
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 102G
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before?Yes, about 15 years ago
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently?--Availability and since it has been considered the "norm"

Big thanks to UST and THP for presenting this opportunity. Testing shafts is a very personal thing and i look forward to varied feedback.

1. What shafts are you currently playing? KBS tours
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? Not in my irons
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? It's habit, I've always played steel and never really thought about graphite.

This is an incredible testing opportunity. There was tons of buzz about the recoil shafts during the PGA Show.

I can confidently say that I likely do not know nearly enough about shaft technology to add value to this testing. I'm really interested to see how the testers like the recoil shafts, though.

WOW what a great opportunity! Thanks to UST & THP for the opportunity to enjoy the graphite experience :clapp:. Unfortunately I have a new set of irons coming or I would jump all over this!

What an amazing opportunity. I currently have a set of Cobra Amps that I am getting ready to reshaft from a Stiff Flex to a Reg so this is right up my alley
1. What shafts are you currently playing? True Temper Dynalite
3. What is the weight of your shafts? 90
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before?No and I am ready to.
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? Price and the fear of the unknown

1. What shafts are you currently playing? KBS Tour
4. Have you ever played graphite shafts before? Only in my Driver, woods and hybrids, never irons, but I was just fitted for graphite iron shafts
5. What made you choose steel or graphite currently? That fitter recommended them, but may not have done a comprehensive job as he should have as a fitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back