2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough decisions dude. So so so cool that you guys have this chance!

that's how I would be. I'd try to think of some good questions because I'm sure I could think of a bunch off the top of my head.

It really is tough because there are so many different ways to go, and how many opportunities are you going to have like this.

well in case my wish for unlimited more questions for Annika didn't work i did come up with 4 pretty good questions. i tried to think of some things that not everyone else would ask and things that i really think could help me take my game to the next level. Pretty excited to see what she has to say again its such an amazing honor to have someone of her caliber take part in any part of the Morgan Cup. its truly awesome and shows how much the Morgan Cup has grown and how great everyone that has been a part of it in the past has helped it become better and grow into where it is today. Hoping that i personally and everyone else thats able to be a part of it this year can help make it even better for next year, it sure has been fun following it each year and watching it grow!

I wanted to do like the professor in "Back to School." "Hi Annika, I've got 4 questions......in 47 parts."

However, I think I asked questions which will not only be useful to me, but useful to others as well.

It really is tough because there are so many different ways to go, and how many opportunities are you going to have like this.

Exactly. You guys get to pick the brain of one of the best golfers of this generation. Really mind numbing.

Exactly. You guys get to pick the brain of one of the best golfers of this generation. Really mind bottling.
Fyfeee

I agree though. I wouldnt know what to ask. at all. I do have one question I am positive I would ask her

Fyfeee

I agree though. I wouldnt know what to ask. at all. I do have one question I am positive I would ask her

Do share.

Fyfeee

Which is?

Well, I sent my 4 questions in. 3 directly related to swing issues I would like some tips on. The fourth is something else that I am really curious about.

I have always thought there is ONE SPECIFIC KEY to a golf swing that EVERY tour pro uses. What is that? Like the holy grail of the golf swing.

I have always thought there is ONE SPECIFIC KEY to a golf swing that EVERY tour pro uses. What is that? Like the holy grail of the golf swing.

then watch Jim Furyk and the holy grail goes out the window.... i tried to spread out my questions to a few different areas.

then watch Jim Furyk and the holy grail goes out the window.... i tried to spread out my questions to a few different areas.
Not exactly.

My questions weren't swing related, mine were based more on mindset of a great golfer, and the best way to practice.

My questions weren't swing related, mine were based more on mindset of a great golfer, and the best way to practice.
Uh....me too. We should have talked before we asked the same questions. Oh well, it will still be great to hear her response.

Uh....me too. We should have talked before we asked the same questions. Oh well, it will still be great to hear her response.

Mine were somewhat specific to my issues, I think we will be ok. I really can't wait to watch all the videos and see how she answers every ones questions.

thats what i'm wondering how many repeat questions she'll get hahaha she might only need to answer like 10 questions after she reads them all.

Ok Wake, we might be good. But really I just want to her her take on that topic so whether it's my question or not I don't care.

Buck I'm sure we'll have a few but hopefully we don't have 20 something duplicate questions, she'll be like....uh guys, get some originality would ya?

Ok Wake, we might be good. But really I just want to her her take on that topic so whether it's my question or not I don't care.

Buck I'm sure we'll have a few but hopefully we don't have 20 something duplicate questions, she'll be like....uh guys, get some originality would ya?

yeah i'm sure there will be a few i tried to put a different spin on the ones i thought might be a duplicate type question.... this is still an amazing honor i'm blown away its pretty awesome telling people that don't know much about golf and saying a pros name that they know and telling them that shes giving you personal advice for your game

I don't know...I just got a weird sensation or more of an itch, that a PM would hit my inbox today...

I hope I'm right, but if not, that's cool, I think I'll get the same feeling tomorrow :D
I obviously hope you're right!!!

I think it's time. Last year and so far this year I haven't been very excited about or followed a whole lot of the MC threads. That's because I considered it something that I could never make happen, and wasn't sure I would ever even want to. To tell the truth, it was kind of depressing reading about all the fun, camaraderie and excitement for the event, especially since I've never been to any kind of THP event or get-together. But now I'm changing my attitude. I'm really excited about the AC Invitational. That will be my first real competition where I want to do my best. All I've ever done so far are scrambles where the only thing that matters is having fun. In the Invitational it will be a mix of the two and I think that will give me a little bit of insight into what the MC is all about. In my experiences, people have been either serious or fun, and there was no middle ground.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks to all the people that have been a part of the MC over the years, both players and on the logistics side of the house. Because of you I'm starting to learn what the game should be all about and getting rid of my preconceived notions and prejudices when it comes to competitions. And hopefully the MC will continue for years to come and someday I may even feel worthy enough to try and take part in it.

I think it's time. Last year and so far this year I haven't been very excited about or followed a whole lot of the MC threads. That's because I considered it something that I could never make happen, and wasn't sure I would ever even want to. To tell the truth, it was kind of depressing reading about all the fun, camaraderie and excitement for the event, especially since I've never been to any kind of THP event or get-together. But now I'm changing my attitude. I'm really excited about the AC Invitational. That will be my first real competition where I want to do my best. All I've ever done so far are scrambles where the only thing that matters is having fun. In the Invitational it will be a mix of the two and I think that will give me a little bit of insight into what the MC is all about. In my experiences, people have been either serious or fun, and there was no middle ground.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks to all the people that have been a part of the MC over the years, both players and on the logistics side of the house. Because of you I'm starting to learn what the game should be all about and getting rid of my preconceived notions and prejudices when it comes to competitions. And hopefully the MC will continue for years to come and someday I may even feel worthy enough to try and take part in it.
This is awesome dude. I'm glad you're going to get more vested in following along and supporting the event. It really is an amazing event like nothing I've ever experienced, I love everything about the MC! Having more and more members like you jump on board and show interest and support will help ensure that THP gets to keep having these things in the future too.

I like it Kobey. Welcome to the fun and look forward to your participation along with us throughout the process!

I like this post a lot buddy. Love to hear that you are investing in THP and the MC more and more. The event really is about the forum as a whole. I've been very lucky to have been a part of these Morgan Cup events. I hope that they continue for years to come and one way to ensure that happens is for members to really embrace the event and become part of it in any way they can.

Dude anybody can make it into the Morgan Cup. Hell i'll be coming from Ireland AGAIN and Castor Hades is coming from Finland. Put in the effort and you'll get the rewards.

Love it Kobey. It is a insane amount of fun to play with THP'rs and a little friendly competition makes it that much more exciting.

Reading this post puts a smile on my face. I think it is great that you will be getting more involved in all things THP. I think the more vested you become, the more you will enjoy it too because you will make some great friends along the way. Have fun at the Invitational and I hope to see you at an outing or a Morgan Cup in the future.

It is hard Kobey being on the other side of the MC and seeing all the fun that is being had. That's why it's pretty darn cool for me this year to now be on the MC side and see it first hand. Your doing it right and the best way to get over the "outside looking in" view is to get in with us! I bought a few clubs last year because of what the MC'ers were playing and how they talked about their equipment. Without that, I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger. Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back