CEO - You Could Sign One Player

4 years ago I would have said Anthony Kim. The guy had star power, was young, and performed well. Plus he was young and someone who could grow with the brand for years to come. Obviously that did not work out for him, similar to Villegas. So while I would like to take a flier on someone and hope they fullfill their potential I would probably lean towards a safer pick for this spot. I look at 3-4 guys for this. Keegan, Sergio, Sneds, and Mahan. I think Sergio really is a guy who can do everything you want from an OEM perspective, however he does at time have some on course issues that wouldn't make me happy. Mahan is just solid year in and year out, he can be a world beater and would be a safe pick. He has some personality and seems to not have an issue with interviews. Sneds is king right now, his game is hot and he is coming off of a FedEx Cup year. I think for him of the 4 that I named, I have the most concern about his staying power. As for Keegan, the guy was a stud at the RC, he already has a major and some wins on our. He has the personality to back it up as well.

I would probably play it safe and go with Mahan. Honorable mention to Keegan Bradley.

I read the original post wrong, MINUS, those 11. Im an idiot.

Give me Dufner!

I read it and just missed his name. Selective reading.

Mahan or Day, I think you could get some nice personality out of those two to garner attention.

Too bad Kim vanished.

1 - Jason Duffner
2 - Hunter Mahan
3 - Matt Kuchar
4 - Jason Day

As far as moving the needle, I would go with Sergio. If he can ever get the flatstick going, he has the talent to go bonkers. Other than him, I would pick Jason Day or Brandt Snedeker.

4 years ago I would have said Anthony Kim. The guy had star power, was young, and performed well. Plus he was young and someone who could grow with the brand for years to come. Obviously that did not work out for him, similar to Villegas. So while I would like to take a flier on someone and hope they fullfill their potential I would probably lean towards a safer pick for this spot. I look at 3-4 guys for this. Keegan, Sergio, Sneds, and Mahan. I think Sergio really is a guy who can do everything you want from an OEM perspective, however he does at time have some on course issues that wouldn't make me happy. Mahan is just solid year in and year out, he can be a world beater and would be a safe pick. He has some personality and seems to not have an issue with interviews. Sneds is king right now, his game is hot and he is coming off of a FedEx Cup year. I think for him of the 4 that I named, I have the most concern about his staying power. As for Keegan, the guy was a stud at the RC, he already has a major and some wins on our. He has the personality to back it up as well.

I would probably play it safe and go with Mahan. Honorable mention to Keegan Bradley.
.....or David Duval. Either or.

If it was to be North American advertising,Bill Haas would be my choice as he's personable,well known as a producer on the course and people would trust that.
At an overseas market Adam Scott would be my business choice. If it was to be only one endorsement,Bill Haas would be it. Just my business sense.

I did read the first post even though I mentioned Adam Scott................He was not the choice!

Matt Kuchar is the center of my brand. The guy has made game, good looks and a great bedside manner. I think Bridgestone is too tame in the way they use him and need to pump it up and move the needle. Put him with Callaway marketing and he's a Madison Ave poster boy

I'd go Kuchar with Keegan running a close second.

Dufner, Kuchar, and Mahan.

Nicolas Colsaerts.
This just might be gold in a few years.

There are some sticks in the mud being picked by some of you. Duffner?? Really? Does he even know how to speak? :alien:

Day, Colsaerts or Hahn.

I love the Hahn kid. Great in front of the camera. Has fun on the course. Not afraid of the leaderboard.

I'm going outside the box and gonna pick James Hahn. He's got a cool story and I think he brings a much needed flare to golf, somewhat like Fowler. Anyone needing evidence...look no further then what he did after sinking that birdie putt on #16 at the Waste Management. Plus this year he is playing quite well with 6 events entered with 3 finishes in the top 16 including a 3rd and 4th place finish. I know i'm reaching a bit with this one but I enjoy taking the less traveled routes in life :)

Nicolas Colsaerts.

Jrod beat me to my pick. Nicolas Colsaerts would be a great choice. He's 30, talented, speaks well, 4 victories so far I believe, competitive, has a body style that clothes look great on, and seems like a guy you can build a brand around.

I say Sergio...he's known in and outside of North America already...without a major. If I had to pick a flyer I say Robert Garrigus. Chicks dig the long ball...the right marketing team could do will him.

I would probably go with Snedeker or Bradley. I like their games and think they are likable guys

I read the original post wrong, MINUS, those 11. Im an idiot.

Give me Dufner!

lol. only took you 4 pages to get it right. great job!

i'm a homer for Jason Day.
his track record is decent, but he's young and has a some flash. i think he could move product and bring others in with this star power. plus his wife is a babe.

and i agree with ddec, a while back....i woulda thrown money at AK, no doubt. and then cried myself to sleep at night, every night afterwards.

Sneds, Dufner, or Bradley

I'd say Sneds or Hunter... both are very good players and seem comfortable in front of the camera for ads & commercials.

Sergio was a good call too. If I was all
About dollars and cents though I'd sign Ryo and take it to Asia for the dollars.

^Siri probably sucks.

Keegan Bradley.

He's just about the perfect age. He's won a major, has played on a Ryder Cup and has game. He is idiosyncratic, which gets attention. He plays the long putter, so he brings a little controversy.

Back