Anyone Use Iron Headcovers?

I have always made fun of my father for using them but now that I have new irons I am really contemplating them. My last set, my bag dropped and I scratched the PW before I was ever able to even get them on the course.

I would do it. Next time I get new irons I may grab some.

I use them from transport only. Take them off and leave them in the trunk, wipe the clubs down and put them back on at the end of the round.

Wood and hybrid covers stay on all the time. Just habit, I guess.

I gamed some mp-53's for a bit last season and bought some nice covers for them. Haven't used any since though. I don't mind the look or think less of players that use them.

I use them from transport only. Take them off and leave them in the trunk, wipe the clubs down and put them back on at the end of the round.

Wood and hybrid covers stay on all the time. Just habit, I guess.

Still using mine the same way. To and from the course they are on, keeps from scratching up the backs of irons on each other for no reason while going to play. I expect the faces and soles to take damage from play but like the keep the backs clean and nice looking if possible.

I spend good money on my clubs.
yes I use them.

I have always made fun of my father for using them but now that I have new irons I am really contemplating them. My last set, my bag dropped and I scratched the PW before I was ever able to even get them on the course.

Did the same thing. Sometimes I get so pumped about playing I forget to strap my clubs to the cart.

Did the same thing. Sometimes I get so pumped about playing I forget to strap my clubs to the cart.

It happened in my driveway as I was putting them in the car.

I might have to pick some up. I can't let my irons knick up. They are forged and say pro on them.

I used iron covers when I got my first brand new set in '95 or '96. Goldwin AVDP's. But I got tired of putting them on after each shot so I only had them on when I wasn't playing (took them off when I put the bag on the cart and put them back on before I put them in the car to go home. That lasted maybe a year. Wish I could use them, but I don't like to deal with them. Nothing wrong with them though.

I might have to pick some up. I can't let my irons knick up. They are forged and say pro on them.

Unfortunately nothing says "pro" less than iron covers. :act-up:

Seriously though, I have no. Issues using them or seeing others using them. I wouldn't recommend storing forged clubs with me on because it can trap moisture and cause rust. I have seen this first hand. Mizuno recommends using them when transporting and playing if you want to keep your forged sticks nice, but they recommend taking them off at home for storage. They also recommend a quick wipe down with a rag covered with wd-40 to prevent rust.

Used to use them. On Friday, I was carrying and lost 3 covers in 5 holes. Given my new equipment addiction, I will probably change the clubs before they have time to get damaged!:act-up:

I don't use them now, but I'm thinking about upgrading to forged soon and may think about using them with those; don't want them to get too chattered up, and iron headcovers are only like $20 or $30.

I have forged clubs but don't use them. My bag has a 14 way divider, it seems to do a pretty good job of keeping the clubs from banging into each other too much.

If I didn't have the Ogio Chamber bag I would think about it, but the chamber bag does an excellent job keeping the clubs from getting nicked up.

Dan

One day my bag fell off the cart and My irons got scratched I should have bought iron covers

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thinking about picking up a set for my new irons, most likely use them for driving to and from the course. I have a 14 way divider bag, so may just see how that does keeping them from banging up against each other too much.

Not sure how a 14 way divider bag prevents the club heads from hitting each other. I always thought 14 ways were done to protect the shafts, not the heads.

Got iron covers on my blades, they look so good and I want to keep them that way!
Otherwise the backs get scukked up pretty quick.

I'm gonna start when I get new irons.

neoprene iron head covers

neoprene iron head covers

debating whether to get covers for my irons. My sense is, knowing myself, i'll lose them, slowly, one at a time.

anyone using them?

debating whether to get covers for my irons. My sense is, knowing myself, i'll lose them, slowly, one at a time.

anyone using them?
I used to and still have them in the closet. It is nice to keep the irons not banged up against each other but kinda pain to take them off and on.. also no one can see my clubs. I spent $$$ for my clubs and I can't play the game but at least I want to look good, including the clubs but no one can frea%king see them? that's when I took them off. All of them

I will use them when I get forged irons - metal is too soft, and the chrome finish shows dents really obviously. Other people can see em when I hit.

Back