Iron Fitting at Jim Mclean Texas?

Goob3r

Reaction score
Handicap
Scheduled my appointment for Wednesday morning. I've always played off the rack clubs so this will be my first real fitting ever! Anyone have any experience with the Jim Mclean golf School?
I'm going in with a very open mind. I'll leave with whatever clubs are the best fit for me. Before I decided to get this fitting done I had my choices narrowed to Titleist AP2's, Mizuno mp 59's, or Cleveland TT's(Have not actually hit these yet, but I've been playing Cleveland irons for the last 6 years and love them).

Scheduled my appointment for Wednesday morning. I've always played off the rack clubs so this will be my first real fitting ever! Anyone have any experience with the Jim Mclean golf School?
I'm going in with a very open mind. I'll leave with whatever clubs are the best fit for me. Before I decided to get this fitting done I had my choices narrowed to Titleist AP2's, Mizuno mp 59's, or Cleveland TT's(Have not actually hit these yet, but I've been playing Cleveland irons for the last 6 years and love them).

I really like that place. I took my lessons from there the last two times that I had lessons. Have fun with it. I have seen them give fittings before and it was pretty interesting.

No experience there but it is good to be fit. I hope you enjoy it and it shows you great results!

May want to double check that they have the new Cleveland fitting cart if interested in the TT's. I have not seen them locally yet.

Excited to hear how they treat you, I will be interested in a fitting soon and your feedback will help me.

We have two schools here, Doral & Miami Beach, and they are top notch. It gets expensive by the hour but usually the pro's have package deals to save a few bucks. Ask for Jonas Fernandez. He gave me lessons at Doral and relocated to Texas. Good dude!

Thanks guys! I really like the idea of the fitting outdoors. I've never been a fan of the launch monitors at big box stores because I never hit off mats any where else and I like seeing my actual ball flight.

May want to double check that they have the new Cleveland fitting cart if interested in the TT's. I have not seen them locally yet.

Excited to hear how they treat you, I will be interested in a fitting soon and your feedback will help me.

When I called to make the appointment the guys said they have carts for all the major brands, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. The new Cleveland cart looks great! I love the idea of wedge fitting.

He is a top notch instructor so I would imagine his schools are great....be sure to update us and let us know how it goes.

We have two schools here, Doral & Miami Beach, and they are top notch. It gets expensive by the hour but usually the pro's have package deals to save a few bucks. Ask for Jonas Fernandez. He gave me lessons at Doral and relocated to Texas. Good dude!

My fitting is scheduled with Kyle Cronkright. I'll ask for Jonas if I get any lessons though!

Thanks guys! I really like the idea of the fitting outdoors. I've never been a fan of the launch monitors at big box stores because I never hit off mats any where else and I like seeing my actual ball flight.

When I called to make the appointment the guys said they have carts for all the major brands, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. The new Cleveland cart looks great! I love the idea of wedge fitting.

Not wanting you to be disappointed, I would really double check on the new cart if seriously interested in the TT's. Local EW's still have the older cart so could be referring to that one.

For your sake, I really hope they are one of the first locally to get the new one!

Not wanting you to be disappointed, I would really double check on the new cart if seriously interested in the TT's. Local EW's still have the older cart so could be referring to that one.

For your sake, I really hope they are one of the first locally to get the new one!

I'll call and check first thing in the morning tomorrow. I love the look of the TT's! I'm a lefty so none of the stores have them in yet for me to try in person.

Jealous. I have a book of his that I really like. Would love to get to one of his schools one of these days.

Looking forward to hearing how this goes. McLean's has a nice practice facility.

Ask them to throw in a few free rounds on their par 3 course so you can test the irons out in a real-world environment. Their par-3 course will probably be the toughest/best par-3 track you ever play. Yardages are 70-270 depending on the tees. And, the greens are small. You will find out real fast if you iron game needs work.

Very cool....looking forward to hearing about your experience there!

Really hope they have the TTs for you to try!

Looks like a no go on the TT's in left handed, but they can order whatever I need.

Looking forward to hearing how this goes. McLean's has a nice practice facility.

Ask them to throw in a few free rounds on their par 3 course so you can test the irons out in a real-world environment. Their par-3 course will probably be the toughest/best par-3 track you ever play. Yardages are 70-270 depending on the tees. And, the greens are small. You will find out real fast if you iron game needs work.

I'll definitely ask about the par three course! All the par three courses I've played in the DFW area have been really dissapointing.

I have had experience with these guys in FL, but not in TX. Just remember most of these schools are sponsored by a major club manufacturer so they a lot of times get kick back and will try and push you into those clubs. Not sure about Jim McLean as I never went there to get fitted to buy clubs, just lessons. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

I have had experience with these guys in FL, but not in TX. Just remember most of these schools are sponsored by a major club manufacturer so they a lot of times get kick back and will try and push you into those clubs. Not sure about Jim McLean as I never went there to get fitted to buy clubs, just lessons. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Titleist shop.

Update:
Great experience! The facility was fantastic! I haven't been playing all that much in the last few months since having my daughter in November so my swing has been getting pretty sloppy. When I got there today my contact was as bad as it's been in a long time. My fitter, Kyle Cronkwright, was really understanding of this and didn't want to fit my clubs to the bad shots I was hitting today. He brought out an instructor, Kenneth Mesimer, to make some adjustments to my setup position and follow through and BAM! I was right back on track! I ended up being fit for Titleist AP1's 4-pw with S300 shafts. The stiffer shaft made a big difference in straightening out my draw. The new clubs should be in next week, I can't wait! Kyle and Kenneth were just really great guys. I'll definitely be going back to Kenneth for lessons in the future!

In all, I could not be happier with the experience!

Good to hear. Did they use a LM? How long did it take?

Very nice. Have to love that they went a little further to get you comfortable as well.

Update:
Great experience! The facility was fantastic! I haven't been playing all that much in the last few months since having my daughter in November so my swing has been getting pretty sloppy. When I got there today my contact was as bad as it's been in a long time. My fitter, Kyle Cronkwright, was really understanding of this and didn't want to fit my clubs to the bad shots I was hitting today. He brought out an instructor, Kenneth Mesimer, to make some adjustments to my setup position and follow through and BAM! I was right back on track! I ended up being fit for Titleist AP1's 4-pw with S300 shafts. The stiffer shaft made a big difference in straightening out my draw. The new clubs should be in next week, I can't wait! Kyle and Kenneth were just really great guys. I'll definitely be going back to Kenneth for lessons in the future!

In all, I could not be happier with the experience!

That is fantastic to hear. Glad the experience was so good. They really do have a nice facility, right? I can give a good review for taking lessons there also. Had some very good experiences with that there myself.

Great to hear! Look forward to hear about them arriving and your first shots/round with them.

Good to hear. Did they use a LM? How long did it take?

Yeah, they had the Trackman? It took about an hour and I think I hit 50 - 60 balls. Kyle didn't even charge me for the fiiting. I just paid for a lesson with Kenneth which was $15 cheaper than the fitting! I can't wait to get out to the range and work on the adjustments to my swing!

That is fantastic to hear. Glad the experience was so good. They really do have a nice facility, right? I can give a good review for taking lessons there also. Had some very good experiences with that there myself.

The facility was very nice. I can't wait to go back and play the par 3 course! It's also right next to Waterchase golf course, which I haven't played yet either.

Waterchase is great. Lots of risk/reward and great greens. You will enjoy it if you get the chance to play!

Back