2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more the utter shock that a fat guy like me can actually run 5 miles without either A. being chased by the cops or B. running down the ice cream truck.

That's my ultimate goal as well, unfortunately I still have 23 lbs to go to get there but dammit I'm going to do it! And this time when I do...I'm staying there!!!

I told MikeDean this morning, about 7 yrs ago we had this biggest loser contest amongst the family, I got down to 194 (actually as low as 189 for a while) but like an idiot I gained much (not all) of that back. :beat-up: Now I know how hard it is to get BACK there again I will not gain it back this time. No effin way.
I tried for a while to get under 220 lbs, but for a while it seemed impossible. I dropped a significant amount of weight a while back, and thought that I was "good" at 220. Man, how much that has changed. I cant wait to start hitting the weights next week and start adding some definition on to my not-so-fat self.

I am so amazed at you guys!!!
These guys are KILLED it Kel, it's inspiring!

I tried for a while to get under 220 lbs, but for a while it seemed impossible. I dropped a significant amount of weight a while back, and thought that I was "good" at 220. Man, how much that has changed. I cant wait to start hitting the weights next week and start adding some definition on to my not-so-fat self.
The problem you have now is that you're small and I can easily throw you around in the event you need good ass whoopin'. HAHA!

You're killing it my friend, keep pushing because it keeps pushing me and Mikedean and we both need it!

That's a great tip on the incline, I'll have to give it a shot.

Also, 8 mins for four miles? NICE! I've got some serious work to do. I'm like three minutes behind for a couple less miles!

it's all relative though. I grew up running and used to be much faster. I could life a weight to save my life though haha

Awesome man, I am hoping to get my weight down to a certain goal as well, and than try to tone up. Losing it is the easy part (compared to toning up!), but the whole process is so freaking awesome. You have tore this thread apart the last two months dude. Congrats!

These guys are KILLED it Kel, it's inspiring!

The problem you have now is that you're small and I can easily throw you around in the event you need good ass whoopin'. HAHA!

You're killing it my friend, keep pushing because it keeps pushing me and Mikedean and we both need it!
Haha, It's funny because you and Mike keep pushing me. Man, I am glad we did this little contest. The payout means nothing to me anymore, but the motivation has been awesome.

Me and a midget vs Jake, cage match.. Bring it!

Crossfit class #3 complete. Overhead presses, kettle bell swings, and burpees. Weeee!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Crossfit class #3 complete. Overhead presses, kettle bell swings, and burpees. Weeee!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Ugh, burpees...those things.

Just got done playing some basketball. Such a good workout. I would much rather play basketball than use some form of cardio equipment.

Just got done playing some basketball. Such a good workout. I would much rather play basketball than use some form of cardio equipment.

Yep, this is what I was doing a lot but it really takes a toll on the knees and lower back after a while. I dialed it back to one or two times a week max and stay on the elliptical and it seems to help but it certainly is not as fun.

I'm inspired by this thread to share an update.
Since May I'm down more that 120 lbs. I've gone from 338 lbs. to 215. I've been using the Loseit! App on my iPhone to track food and activity and have made a habit of exercising five to six days a week.
My normal workout schedule had been cardio everyday (elliptical, walking or bike for an hour on days I don't lift, 40 minutes on days I do). I've started incorporating Pilates, spin and a little yoga in as well. I lift three days a week, usually one day of biceps , back and triceps, one day of chest, shoulders and hamstrings and a day of quads, calves and abs.
I've hit my weightloss goal and am now in maintainance mode.
This is the second time that I've lost over 100 lbs. the first time I stupidly let the weight creep back on over a period of about 15 years. Never again! SO much harder in my 40s than it was in my 20s.

Since May I'm down more that 120 lbs. I've gone from 338 lbs. to 215. I've been using the Loseit! App on my iPhone to track food and activity and have made a habit of exercising five to six days a week.
My normal workout schedule had been cardio everyday (elliptical, walking or bike for an hour on days I don't lift, 40 minutes on days I do). I've started incorporating Pilates, spin and a little yoga in as well. I lift three days a week, usually one day of biceps , back and triceps, one day of chest, shoulders and hamstrings and a day of quads, calves and abs.
This is the second time that I've lost over 100 lbs. the first time I stupidly let the weight creep back on over a period of about 15 years. Never again! SO much harder in my 40s than it was in my 20s.

Great job man! Your persistence is inspiring! Welcome to the thread! Keep us updated!

So my team won AGAIN on Sunday - we have made it to the regional finals which takes place next Saturday. This means less time for me to workout for another week. No biggie though, I'll fit it in somehow! Keep up the great work all!

Killed my legs this morning, great workout. I feel awesome.

Great work bro. I used to HATE lower body workouts but now they're great! Today was lower body/abs for me as well, I'll feel it tomorrow but the benefits are worth it!

Great work bro. I used to HATE lower body workouts but now they're great! Today was lower body/abs for me as well, I'll feel it tomorrow but the benefits are worth it!

I still hate them. Lol. Legs day sucks.

Excellent news bro!! There is no better feeling than when you crush a workout.

Yep, this is what I was doing a lot but it really takes a toll on the knees and lower back after a while. I dialed it back to one or two times a week max and stay on the elliptical and it seems to help but it certainly is not as fun.

I played competetively until I was nearly 40. It does take a toll on the knees, back, etc. It just got to the point where I knew what i wanted to do, but my body just couldn't pull it off anymore. I still miss it, and will shoot baskets once in a while, but it really hits me when I hear the aqueaking shoes on the floor!

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new to THP and wanted to wish congrats to those hitting their goals! I've began cutting for summer in what I like to call, "See Abs March" (SAM). I do this every year to get ready for golf season. Anyone who is interested in help/accountability hit me up!

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new to THP and wanted to wish congrats to those hitting their goals! I've began cutting for summer in what I like to call, "See Abs March" (SAM). I do this every year to get ready for golf season. Anyone who is interested in help/accountability hit me up!

welcome to THP and good luck with getting prepped for golf season!

Thanks Mike! You too.

WWWWWWWow! Holy wow!

120 pounds?! That's unreal!

Congrats DrMWP!

This is nuts... and awesome! Keep it up!

Ugh, burpees...those things.

Did these last week in a workout last week. I was able to push thru them pretty well since the right song was playing: I Hate Everything About You. Pretty well sums up my thoughts on burpees.

Congrats! That's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back