SeeMore Putters Thread

Are you ready to place your order Icey?
I am, I'm going 36" mFG2 with Iomic Grip. Stock lie. I can't wait to have it in hand.
productimage-picture-mfgp2-cs-gunmetal-542_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg
productimage-picture-black-iomic-seemore-grip-619_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

Nice. I wonder if TyNo is all set with his choice?

You can come along for the ride if you want. Video it for me... I would really appreciate it.

I might be able to that for you buddy. Depends on when you are going. Ann Arbor isn't too far from my house.

Nice. I wonder if TyNo is all set with his choice?

PTM1 Black Stealth
34.5"
Stock lie
Black tour classic grip

BOOM!

PTM1 Black Stealth
34.5"
Stock lie
Black tour classic grip

BOOM!
Nice choice there TYNO. I'm really looking forward to having Tim help me select the one that is right for me.

I am, I'm going 36" mFG2 with Iomic Grip. Stock lie. I can't wait to have it in hand.
productimage-picture-mfgp2-cs-gunmetal-542_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg
productimage-picture-black-iomic-seemore-grip-619_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

Nice Choice Icey! Can't wait to game one of these myself! I'm sure you'll rock this club.

Which face milling buddy?

you know, it never crossed my mind if we'd have a choice....

but i do like the standard face milling on the black.
the others i think look better on the platinum.

That is going to be beaaaastly. CC got you all dialed in eh?

you know it brother.

MC putter has been CC approved. this is good.

Working with SeeMore/Alex is so easy...send an email, get a response and it's always "absolutely we can do that for way less $ than you think".

The mFGP2 pr will be on its way to TN tomorrow for a reshaft to 36" with a SS 2.0, lie angle adjustment and head weight check/adjustment if needed.

My first SS but I have a spare Iomic if it doesn't work out.

you know it brother.

MC putter has been CC approved. this is good.

Makes me want to roll one now.. Your MC putter selection from last year was what I believe I'd go with if given the option.

We have similar tastes.. that is neat.

you know, it never crossed my mind if we'd have a choice....

but i do like the standard face milling on the black.
the others i think look better on the platinum.

I didn't realize it either until Alex asked. Went with the cross hatch diamond milling. Sessy.

A Little Background on a Great SPi Fitter!

A Little Background on a Great SPi Fitter!

As I spent time reading through all of the SeeMore testing treads, I came to appreciate guys like Jman & others who referenced their entire experience.

Since I plan on testing a few of these bad boys, and since there is now a different thread for first-time SeeMore Lessons, I figure I'll steal that formatting idea from earlier THPers (thanks, guys!), if nothing more than to help me organize my thoughts:

REFERENCE LINKS:

• My First SeeMore Fitting With Chris Carfangia: PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • My First SeeMore Fitting With Chris Carfangia: PART 2: CLICK HERE

A LITTLE BACKGROUND ON CHRIS CARFANGIA (MY SPi Fitter):

One of the things I noticed right away about Chris - like so many of the other THPers mentioned when they got fitted - was how enthusiastic he was about the whole process. I couldn't help but get excited listening to Chris talk!

During our session, Chris explained that he “got in on the ground floor” as far as SeeMore SPi goes. When he stumbled across his first SeeMore putter by chance, he immediately saw what a great product this was. The way he explained it (as he was holding a Nike Covert driver): “This driver has tremendous technology built into it. I understand all of the benefits, and how it will help the average golfer, etc. But there is nothing on this driver that will help me to swing it with the correct form. The SeeMore putter is the only golf club where the theory IS the technology. If I hide the red dot, then I’m lined up and my putting stroke automatically gets better.”

Chris called Ted Galina, I think just to tell him that he used their putter, he loved it, thought it was a great idea, and wanted to learn more about their company. Ted said “Funny you called. We’re getting ready to launch this thing called SPi.” Chris said “What are you doing Monday?” Ted replied “Don’t you live in Ohio?” & Chris said, “I’m getting on a plane – I’ll see you Monday.”

Hopefully this gives you an idea of Chris’s passion for teaching & why he’s a Silver Certified SPI instructor. And did I mention that he’s a good guy?

Thanks again to SeeMore for setting up THP with guys like Chris! The putters are awesome, but without SPi and the proper training, I could see where a lot of people might not get the full benefit of the technology. It's so cool that the Morgan Cuppers are getting the full boat! Enjoy it and I'm sure you'll kick major *ss!

I didn't realize it either until Alex asked. Went with the cross hatch diamond milling. Sessy.

Cant believe you didnt respond to my tweet JMan. :(

SeeMore #8 is headed my way...

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

REFERENCE LINKS:

• My First SeeMore Fitting With Chris Carfangia: PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • My First SeeMore Fitting With Chris Carfangia: PART 2: CLICK HERE
  • A Little Background on a Great SPi Fitter: CLICK HERE

When I left that first session, I was surprised that Chris C suggested FGP or FGP2 as the putter, since I've grown to love full mallets with big sight lines (like the SB1). But I resolved to keep practicing without "being a slave to lining up the ball" - i.e., being too mechanical with spending so much time lining up the ball's alignment line, then carefully matching the club's line to the ball, etc.

Luckily, I had already grabbed an FGP a while back, which my son tried out and really liked. So, using his FGP, I've been working on the new stance and grip, and also trying to develop a more flowing, less mechanical routine & stroke.

I can't work outside yet in NE Ohio, but I have a decent setup in my basement: 6' x 15' carpet (which rolls at about 11 on my homemade stimpmeter). I aim for a sleeve of balls from around 12-13 ft away.

OLD ROUTINE: I used to kneel on the green to get my read, and took a long time to carefully line the ball up (each ball had a 360° line drawn on it). Then I would carefully align my putter's sightline to the ball. Then it seemed like it would take forever for me to actually make the stroke, so there was lots of room for decellerating before I made contact.

NEW PRACTICE ROUTINE: Right now, I'm not bending over; just eyeballing the line, not using balls with any alignment lines, and working on picking a spot 1-3 feet in front of the ball to help me aim the putter. Then I step into the putting stance from behind the ball with my right foot first (I already have my putter gripped), aim the putter head, step in with my left foot, make sure my hips are up and out, relax my arms & hands (making a concerted effort not to grip too tightly - I don't want any tension in my arms). I look at the target for a second, then look down and swing.

This is a much faster routine for me, but I imagine that I'm out on the course for each putt, so I'm careful not to take the whole routine for granted & just rush through it. Despite the faster routine, I'm finding that my accuracy is still pretty good, although my distance control is a little off (missing short when I do miss). This might also be due to the light feelling of the FGP head (to me - compared to the SB1 head). Still, close to 50% of my strokes hit the box with the correct speed, and most of the misses were tap-in range.

Another benefit from this practice: I started to switch back & forth between using the FGP and the SB1. I seem to be more accurate with the SB1, but now I'm not focused on the lines of the putter or balls; I'm just swinging free & easy (Chris referred to this as "Powerless" - just let the ball get in the way of the club head; a gravity-based swing).

So, even if I do end up gaming the SB1, I think this type of practicing will help keep that stroke flowing and keep me from overthinking & choking in pressure situations!

Back