Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Kelly !!

Holed out for eagle from 100 yards today on our #1 rated hardest hole (#6 par 5). Didn't see it go in but knew it was a good shot. When we reached the green my friend told me it was in the hole but I didn't believe her until I saw it. Fun day!

That's awesome Kelly, just like you planned it! ;)

Reached a short (490 yard) par 5 in 2. Drive was right in the middle of the fairway, but not all that long. I still had about 235 to the pin, which is about the most I can hit my 3 wood, but there was a helping wind at my back. I had to thread my shot between two sets of trees on the left and right (if you aren't going for the green, the hole is designed for you to play the layup to the right of all the trees). I really needed a low draw to get under the branches on the left, and then avoid the trees on the right. I hit the shot I planned, saw it hit about 20 yards short of the green, and just hoped for a good roll. when I got to the green, I found the ball only 12 feet from the hole. A little downhill slider for Eagle, that just did catch the low side lip and drop in!!

That's fantastic Rusty, you and Kelly putting them in for eagles is pretty exciting to read about! Well done.

For me it was my first "300 yard drive" in a year since I started learning to control my swing. Second hole, 390 yard par four. Lately I've been driving my Covert well since switching (regular flex no less, it just works better for me than a S flex in this driver) and I've been seeing around 255/260 since I started playing it. Well at 270 this fairway slopes down towards the green but I've never reached it before. Today I had the perfect swing mixed with a light nice tail wind and GPS'd 299 from the tee box and dead center in the fairway leaving me a sand wedge to the green.

I'm loving this Nike driver more every round.

Played from the championship tees today at Navy-Marine golf course. Had a decent but not great day until I got the 18th hole (9th).

Played a high straight shot off the tee that landed hard and strangely enough, looked like it was going to run forever. Best drive of the day.

227 to the pin from the fairway and I smoked my 20* hybrid with an anti-Westwood shot (the high draw) that landed and stopped dead in its tracks less than 5 feet from the pin. Best shot of the day.

Rolled in the straight as an arrow and slightly downhill putt for eagle!

My third eagle ever and first I've got playing from championship tees.

Very nice shot, Colt!

For me it was my first "300 yard drive" in a year since I started learning to control my swing. Second hole, 390 yard par four. Lately I've been driving my Covert well since switching (regular flex no less, it just works better for me than a S flex in this driver) and I've been seeing around 255/260 since I started playing it. Well at 270 this fairway slopes down towards the green but I've never reached it before. Today I had the perfect swing mixed with a light nice tail wind and GPS'd 299 from the tee box and dead center in the fairway leaving me a sand wedge to the green.

I'm loving this Nike driver more every round.

Great shot, bud. Glad to see you're playing a setup that works for you and aren't to proud to rock the R flex.

Great shot, bud. Glad to see you're playing a setup that works for you and aren't to proud to rock the R flex.

Thanks Colt. If ladies flex helped me hit more greens I'd rock it with a smile on my face hahaha. I'm still pretty new to the game and it's a bit strange to me that I can't muscle through the ball. I'm strong as a bull, work in the Derrick on a drilling rig quite a bit of my time pulling pipe back but I lack control when I try to use it. If slowing it down helps me score, so be it :)

Taptaptaparoo

Birdied the hardest hole on the course. 9i from 160 to 5ft.

Got two from today.

150 yard par 3 with all carry over water. Hit a 7i dead at the pin and it rolled 2 feet past for an almost ace.

110 yard approach from the hardpan rough. Flew right over the flag with my 50* and sucked it back to the side of the cup.

10/14 fairways was also a plus today.

really hard to say today.....I hit a 5 iron into a 187 yard par three that stopped about 3 inches from the cup for a tap in birdie and I chutted in for birdie from 65 feet, impossible to pick one

Won my round against my coach with a 30 foot par save. Either that or almost drove a 320 yrd green.

RBZS2 Tee shot with a slight fade and great distance to 20yds from the green, the rest stunk enough to card a bogey.

I must add a 167yd 7I blind approach over tall pines, desert sand, and deep valley that landed 20 feet from the pin.

Ya...that's all I got for today.

I finally par'd the 4th hole at my club. Never managed to do it because it's practically impossible to GIR this hole, elevated green, multiple elevation changes on the green, etc. Seems no matter when you hit it it's not gonna stick and even if it does, a missed putt is rolling off the green period.

I hit the green with my approach shot but as usual it rolled off about 15 feet into the rough to the right. For once, I got the absolutely perfect chip that landed 10 feet from the cup on possibly the only flat area that size on the green. 1 putted for par, first time ever on that hole, I was jumping up and down like the first birdie I ever made.

My RBZS2 highlight of the day/year possibly going forward as well, was hole 16. It is a 322 yard Par 4 when taken around the water. I think we all thought the same thing when we came to the tee box...I'm going over the water! The wind was directly into our face and my Bushnell V2 said it was 247 to the flag, I didn't even second guess what I was going to use. I knew that distance was easily reachable with this beast and just needed to allow it to work. As soon as I made contact with the ball, I knew it was going to be good. It was getting late in the day and seeing the ball in the distance was not the easiest, but the flight and trajectory was right at the flag.

I really want you to see what we were looking at and this video does a great job of putting you in our shoes. When you have a day where the confidence is there and you want to have some fun...well, the RBZS2 can help out for sure. (Sorry, this will find it's way into a couple more threads, just so elated.)

Here is a fly over video of the hole, we teed up on the middle of the three back tee boxes:
[video=youtube_share;U4QHO0Ru-zw]http://youtu.be/U4QHO0Ru-zw[/video]

And here is where it ended up (Thanks Don for taking a pic for me...bad day for phone to die):

RBZS2 EAGLE!!!

IMG_0019.jpg

We didn't know where it ended up until we made it up towards the green and I was walking alongside Don's cart when I caught a glimpse of it. We knew it was close, but didn't know how close until we made our way around the water and up to the green.

Made an eagle on a 575 yard par 5 (9th hole) yesterday by sinking about a 17 foot putt. Curled in the right edge. Haven't had one in a very long time and it felt great! Nice putt on such a crappy day to play golf.

Birdied the par 4 1st and also the par 4 5th today.

First hole was a steady driver off the tee which finished up on the left hand side of the fairway. Left me with 104 to the flag. Went at it with a 50* wedge which finished up about 7 or 8 feet from the flag. Rolled the putt bang in the middle of the hole. 3 for 4 points - great start!

5th hole was a decent drive which split the fairway in two, probably my best of the day. Left me with 154 yards to the pin. Left my 7 iron 18 inches from the hole and tapped in for the bird :)

Chipped in for birdie from 18 yards away on the fourth hole today.

95 yard 3/4 56 degree wedge to 8 inches.....it's a shot I just love to hit.

300 yard par 4, uphill.
Drove the green, hole high. Made the easiest birdie of my life.

Took a page out of JB's book with 'rope hook me Jesus' from the left trees to a left pin. Aim at the right side of the fairway and hit Abigail low slinger that ended up just about pin high 20' right of flag from 191 yards

My best today was a thinned 49* wedge that miraculously came to rest like 5* from the hole.

2nd hole, par5. 245 out to 18ft. Long sweeping cut around a tree with my 2Hy. Easy birdie.

9I to 10 feet on par 3 & dropped the birdie, too.

still getting used to the R1, but I absolutely piped one on a short par 5. 488 yard hole and hit it right next to the 188 sprinkler. My first 300-yard drive EVER! I was pretty pumped with that. I hit a 4H pin high, about 5 yards off the green and proceeded to bogey the hole! FML, but that drive was killer.

Had a funky one the other day. Playing the shortest hole on the course, a 110 yard par 3 with water in front the entire way. Pin was all the way left side and the wind was L-R about 15mph. It was kind of an in between distance with the pin all the way left, probably playing 120-125. I decided to take five paces behind the tee box and play a 3/4 PW. Off the club it came out low and started left of the pin, it gently faded and hit just in front of the pin. I gave it the body wiggle and it rolled over the cup coming to rest 18 inches long. Not sure how it didn't drop but I was happy to get a birdie on what was a tough day. I'm left wondering if the body wiggle cost me an ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back