2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
well they already asked for our clothing and shoe sizes for this year, so thats a good sign. i just have issues with shoes sometimes due to different size feet why i never wear puma shoes as much as i like the looks.

Bridgestone has not asked for anything yet, I am hoping soon.

Re: practice rounds, I think it all depends on the weather. The temperatures were ridiculously hot on Thursday and Friday last year, basically record-high temperatures for that time of year. If the temperatures are more normal for that time of year, the heat isn't too bad even though it will be humid given the proximity to the coast. Plus, on media day you can hit as few balls as you want and basically use that as a rest day anyways.

Re: practice rounds, I think it all depends on the weather. The temperatures were ridiculously hot on Thursday and Friday last year, basically record-high temperatures for that time of year. If the temperatures are more normal for that time of year, the heat isn't too bad even though it will be humid given the proximity to the coast. Plus, on media day you can hit as few balls as you want and basically use that as a rest day anyways.

I can't see me putting in 36 holes on one of the practice days. I have no problem playing 36 or more holes in a day, but if I was to do it thursday, then again on Saturday I am a little worried my game could suffer come the singles round on Sunday.

Becareful what you ask for :D

I cant wait to see you and Regina again!!

So are we buddy. I'm looking forward to smashing golf balls and having beers

I only got one practice round in and then took it easy on media day and spent most of my time around the practice greens and I felt like my practice was sufficient. I would feel comfortable just doing 18 at one course Wednesday and 18 at the other course Thursday just to refamiliarize myself with the courses. No need to over-do it with a ton of golf before the weekend. I'd rather save my energy and spend some time with all the guys off the course in the days leading up to the competition!

I only got one practice round in and then took it easy on media day and spent most of my time around the practice greens and I felt like my practice was sufficient. I would feel comfortable just doing 18 at one course Wednesday and 18 at the other course Thursday just to refamiliarize myself with the courses. No need to over-do it with a ton of golf before the weekend. I'd rather save my energy and spend some time with all the guys off the course in the days leading up to the competition!

I think that's the way I'm going to go about it as well

I plan on getting there on Wednesday. I will just show up and be awesome. Not sure about practice rounds yet.

I plan on getting there on Wednesday. I will just show up and be awesome. Not sure about practice rounds yet.

I'm sure you and I will head straight to the range where you will pound balls for the next day and a half. We are range rats like that.

I plan to get one round each on the courses and then see how I feel Thursday about trying to push for 36.

I'm sure you and I will head straight to the range where you will pound balls for the next day and a half. We are range rats like that.
By pound balls, do you mean hit them backwards, off the hosel, top them and shank them? If so, then hell yeah we will.

It was an amazing honor to finally add a club to my MC signature, I can't wait to finalize the SeeMore order tomorrow!!!

By pound balls, do you mean hit them backwards, off the hosel, top them and shank them? If so, then hell yeah we will.

Lol at range rat, not quite the words I would have used

It was an amazing honor to finally add a club to my MC signature, I can't wait to finalize the SeeMore order tomorrow!!!

That's awesome dude. I can't wait to do the same.

You completely forgot dig a hole under them, but that sounds like a plan.

Congrats icey, I cannot wait til its betti time!

Congrats dude! Can't wait to see some pics!

Congrats icey, I cannot wait til its betti time!

Me too bro...still not sure which way I am going...but I work best under pressure..LOL

I hope people are planning on putting in a bunch of 36 hole days in June and July to prepare for Saturday. I don't mean go out at 6 and start your second round at 10, I mean playing both rounds in the heat of the day. Go out at 10 or 11 AM and play 36 holes. I highly recommend it. I suggest doing it as many times as possible on the hottest days you can. Get used to it. If you can do 45 or 54 holes, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I played tons last summer, and even with all that I played, I was surprised by the 92 to 95 degrees and 80 to 90% humidity. It was horrible. You can't play in the heat and humidity enough leading up to the event.

I definitely plan on doing that Smalls, I just dont plan on doing it the week of the competition. But I fully agree, I would suggest that to everyone else, it definitely gives you a good indication of how much energy you may need on Saturday!

I hope people are planning on putting in a bunch of 36 hole days in June and July to prepare for Saturday. I don't mean go out at 6 and start your second round at 10, I mean playing both rounds in the heat of the day. Go out at 10 or 11 AM and play 36 holes. I highly recommend it. I suggest doing it as many times as possible on the hottest days you can. Get used to it. If you can do 45 or 54 holes, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I played tons last summer, and even with all that I played, I was surprised by the 92 to 95 degrees and 80 to 90% humidity. It was horrible. You can't play in the heat and humidity enough leading up to the event.

Can you email my wife this exact write up Smalls?!

I got away with it because my wife worked at the course and played a lot of the rounds with me!

Get your wife a job at the course! hehehe

That is great food for thought. Perfect timing too now that the time has changed and golfing hours are going to get longer!

Great idea Smalls!!!

If you want to run away for the summer I can probably find a place to hide you out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back