Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a new little shop out on the westside of Indy called Golf Etc. They focus on fittings and custom builds. They are having a Long drive contest on their Flightscope LM. So I hit some with Radix and my new weight config in the R11, good results, 304 backed up with a 306 and then a couple of 290s.. Decided that since they had a nice setup and they wasn't doing much to grab my Kusala Black and see if what I thought was correct and it was.. Sky high spin and instant cuts to the right, just felt like the shaft was never going to catch up... They was intrigued to say the least..we we measured and frequency checked each shaft along with swing weight. Here is what we found..

Kusala Black 61S; Length 45 1/4", CPM 250, Swingweight D2. He said that shaft is playing as a soft X at that length..about a 6.3/6.4.

Radix 6; Length 45 1/2", CPM 254, Swingweight D7. He said that shaft is playing almost at a Double X at that length..about a 7.2/7.3.

Basically I was shocked. I never would have guessed that Radix to be that stiff, but have the feel it has, and I never would have guessed my SW to be that high either. He said at about 3 SW points you should start to feel a difference and at D2 to D7 thats such a huge that it should be night and day in feel, and it is...

My Radix 7 came in ysterday an the tag on it raw form is 264 CPM, so in my XTD we going to D7 swingweight it and CPM at the same as my R11. Pretty excited to have it built. I was going to go with a gray REL, but I think I'm just going to put a white on it, and be done with it.

That's some incredible stuff right there.. I would love to find out an ideal CPM for my swing, I just wouldn't know where to do it.

Hoping you keep me updated on all that.

Kusala Black 61S; Length 45 1/4", CPM 250, Swingweight D2. He said that shaft is playing as a soft X at that length..about a 6.3/6.4.

Radix 6; Length 45 1/2", CPM 254, Swingweight D7. He said that shaft is playing almost at a Double X at that length..about a 7.2/7.3.

Basically I was shocked. I never would have guessed that Radix to be that stiff, but have the feel it has, and I never would have guessed my SW to be that high either. He said at about 3 SW points you should start to feel a difference and at D2 to D7 thats such a huge that it should be night and day in feel, and it is...

D2 to D7, the D2 feels like a feather. I love the heavier swingweights in my clubs. Slows some of the jerkiness down I can get at transition and really lets me feel where the club is at all times.

What are you looking for? Price? Lightweight or loads of space? How many dividers?

I'd recommend the PING Hoofer for lightweight and the Ogio Grom for feature heavy.

Dividers is negotiable as long as I have space for everything. The PING Hoofer is actually at the top of the list. I have a Pioneer that I am quite fond of.

Datrek Go-Lite 14. Trust me.

As light as the PING Hoofer which is the king of walking bags, but with full 14-way dividers and extremely affordable. Durable too.

There was a review written on it a while back :alien:

Indeed there was. Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to keep it relatively affordable, so I'll look into this as well.

That's some incredible stuff right there.. I would love to find out an ideal CPM for my swing, I just wouldn't know where to do it.

Hoping you keep me updated on all that.

Probably would have to find a small mom and pop place. These guys are really cool and will certainly be getting some of my business. And I'll keep you update man. I have a feeling you can play a stiffer shaft than you think...

D2 to D7, the D2 feels like a feather. I love the heavier swingweights in my clubs. Slows some of the jerkiness down I can get at transition and really lets me feel where the club is at all times.

Yeah I was figuring I was in the D4 range..when he said D7 I about hit the floor. Scary to think that I took the 10 gram weight out and put the 4 gram weight in its place.. So I now have 1 in the toe and 4 in the heal..but after seeing the flight patterns on the Flight scope...I may flip that.

Probably would have to find a small mom and pop place. These guys are really cool and will certainly be getting some of my business. And I'll keep you update man. I have a feeling you can play a stiffer shaft than you think...

After putting 3500+ RPMs of spin on the black tie X, I'm sold on that logic.. That said, at 110MPH, I need a shaft that activates in the right areas.

It's no wonder people blindly buy clubs without worrying about shafts... It's nearly impossible to get into the right one!!

I'm pondering putting the lower spin Razr Fit back into play today, just to see.

I'm pondering putting the lower spin Razr Fit back into play today, just to see.

I am looking forward to the results of this.

Also, I am pondering why conversing about my launch data causes people to make frowny faces. I need to dial up the internet numbers.

After putting 3500+ RPMs of spin on the black tie X, I'm sold on that logic.. That said, at 110MPH, I need a shaft that activates in the right areas.

It's no wonder people blindly buy clubs without worrying about shafts... It's nearly impossible to get into the right one!!

Yeah was an eye opening surprise for me...I had a couple swings in the 3500 range, but I just made a small adjusment and got my spin in the 24-2500 range..I didn't even look at anything else. You need to hit my Radix before to long buddy...I think you will be plesently surprised in it.

I keep going to the Cobra website wanting to update my Amp to the Cell but just can't force myself to hit the buy button. Man, I wish there were more used Cell drivers on Ebay.

Wedges... (I know it's Wednesday)

Scor vs Callaway

Hmm

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Wedges... (I know it's Wednesday)

Scor vs Callaway

Hmm

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I fully expect to see this ponder again on WPF (wedge ponder friday).

Theres a new little shop out on the westside of Indy called Golf Etc. They focus on fittings and custom builds. They are having a Long drive contest on their Flightscope LM. So I hit some with Radix and my new weight config in the R11, good results, 304 backed up with a 306 and then a couple of 290s.. Decided that since they had a nice setup and they wasn't doing much to grab my Kusala Black and see if what I thought was correct and it was.. Sky high spin and instant cuts to the right, just felt like the shaft was never going to catch up... They was intrigued to say the least..we we measured and frequency checked each shaft along with swing weight. Here is what we found..

My Radix 7 came in ysterday an the tag on it raw form is 264 CPM, so in my XTD we going to D7 swingweight it and CPM at the same as my R11. Pretty excited to have it built. I was going to go with a gray REL, but I think I'm just going to put a white on it, and be done with it.

That's funny Playdough, I do all my work at a Golf Etc. here in Fort Wayne. Cool guys and do anything and everything and they usually give me a good deal. Since I do all my business through them.

This is kind of new, at least for me, but I'm falling more in love with it every time out:

pDSP1-12001328p275w.jpg

Callaway Raxr X Black 9.5 driver. Really good stuff here!

This is kind of new, at least for me, but I'm falling more in love with it every time out:

pDSP1-12001328p275w.jpg

Callaway Raxr X Black 9.5 driver. Really good stuff here!

How do you like the new Razr X White?

That's funny Playdough, I do all my work at a Golf Etc. here in Fort Wayne. Cool guys and do anything and everything and they usually give me a good deal. Since I do all my business through them.

The Lead fitter there and the guy that does the building worked together has Bridgestone ball fitters for two years. Pretty cool guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back