Golf in Monroe, Ga.

haha Hole # 18 and many others on this golf course will take ya to the woodshed :deadhorse:!!!

We had a great time with Joshmir today. There was some really good ball striking going on. I didn't score really well (91) however I was not unhappy with the driver or my irons. Well I did miss hit my driver on three holes that costs me a couple doubles and a triple. 43 + 48 today. Three doubles and a triple on the back side . Anyways Joshmir hit one drive on 14 that measured 315 yards. This guy flat out moves a golf ball :bulgy-eyes:! I would like to have him and T0AD on my scramble team off the tee.

KellyBo played great today and missed a shot putt on 17 for par and three putted 18 to miss another par for a round of 38!

I just fired back my answer partner and if you can make it let me know. It will be fun watching you play our course for the first time :D

Sorry about that Gray. I didn't know you guys were playing today.

We missed ya buddy! How is the little Lady feeling?

She is taking her second nap of the day, so I guess that says a lot about how she is doing.

Enjoyed my day with OG and KellyBo! Kelly is so good with the driver! If we can get that short game right, she'd be dangerous! Maybe one of these days I'll get my consistency back and I'll be able to hang with em. Looking forward to getting over to Lane Creek with them! Hope the better half is feeling better DawgDaddy!

Thanks Josh, I knew you would have a great day with OG & KB

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Thanks Josh. I was pretty happy with a 40 on the back considering two 3 putts but the short game really got me on the front with that 46. I definitely need to work on chipping and putting. Our course has been quite a challenge to me in that area.

It was a pleasure to finally get to play 18 with you! Look forward to playing Hard Labor and/or Lane Creek soon!

Thanks Josh. I was pretty happy with a 40 on the back considering two 3 putts but the short game really got me on the front with that 46. I definitely need to work on chipping and putting. Our course has been quite a challenge to me in that area.

It was a pleasure to finally get to play 18 with you! Look forward to playing Hard Labor and/or Lane Creek soon!

I'd like to add that KellyBo hit a ton of greens in regulation, especially on the back nine! It was like driver, green hit, automatic. The Lady was really on her ball striking game. It was fun to watch! Putting cost her an easy 38 on the back nine as she hit so many premium iron shots.

JT723 coming to Monroe CC tomorrow :golf2:. We'll be hitting the range around 11:30 and teeing off shortly after noon.

I bet he is on in two on that #5 monster. Let me know.

I bet he is on in two on that #5 monster. Let me know.

Yea this will be really interesting. It's only like 435 (par 4) but half of it is heading uphill :beat-up:. Toughest fricking par four I have EVER played. We have been a member at Monroe CC since last November and I have yet to par it. Heck I dance a jig when I bogey it :bananadance:. I can hit my best tee shot, best 2 hybrid ( I wish I could hit a 3 - wood off the deck :angry:) and still have a full wedge in to this hole. Then once you finally make it on the sucker, you have all kinds of weird breaks and the false front is just BRUTAL. If you have a putt and the pin is on the left side of the green and you miss the hole. Get ya arse back in your cart and drive 50 yds back down that false front. Yea it will be fun watching him on this hole tomorrow :D

Yea this will be really interesting. It's only like 435 (par 4) but half of it is heading uphill :beat-up:. Toughest fricking par four I have EVER played. :D
I can't visualize it, but I just went back and looked at my phone and I 2-putt bogeyed it, myself.

Looking forward to it Gray. I'll try to be there at 11:30, but I might be a little late. I have to pick up my brother from a friend's house at 10, which means I'd leave my house 10:15-10:30. It takes an hour 15 to get to Monroe from Roswell. It'll be awesome though. Weather is supposed to be incredible. Can't wait to tee it up. Gray, you're going to have to help me and be my caddie in a way.

I can't visualize it, but I just went back and looked at my phone and I 2-putt bogeyed it, myself.

At the regional mid amateur last year held at our course. Not one of the players broke par! They thought they would come into this short little course and rip it a new one. Bad idea. The greens had been rolled and were slick as ice. The year prior only one player was sub par for the tournament. Kelly was talking to our pro today and in the spring this course runs 13 on the stimp. Totally butt kicking greens.

Looking forward to it Gray. I'll try to be there at 11:30, but I might be a little late. I have to pick up my brother from a friend's house at 10, which means I'd leave my house 10:15-10:30. It takes an hour 15 to get to Monroe from Roswell. It'll be awesome though. Weather is supposed to be incredible. Can't wait to tee it up. Gray, you're going to have to help me and be my caddie in a way.

Looking forward to it buddy! I do have some good tips on where not to hit your approach shots and I have some local knowledge that will ease the pain a bit :D. It's going to be a fun day no matter what! I wish T0AD could come up and join us.

It's almost go time for JT723 and myself! Weather is gorgeous and it's going to be a great day for golf :blob:

It's almost go time for JT723 and myself! Weather is gorgeous and it's going to be a great day for golf :blob:

Yep, looks like you have a great day for a round. Hit 'em straight.

Yep, looks like you have a great day for a round. Hit 'em straight.

Butter smooth fade today off the tee broski. :D The old hooker has waved :surrender:the flag for trying to play a consistent draw. It's much less painful for me (my knee) to open my stance and work a fade off the tee. The driver I'm gaming is one degree open and loves the baby fade ,so I'm going with the flow.

We are going to miss you today! I hope you are feeling better.

Bout to leave the house for the 12:30 starting time. I'll be there around 11:45 OG.

ajy4esas.jpg
I caught Gray by surprise with picture. We're having a great time. The weather is unreal. I'm playing okay. I'm +1, but I've hit the ball really bad all day. My short game has saved me a lot. OG isn't having his best day, but we're having fun.

Typing away using Tapatalk!

Btw, JT posted that.

Typing away using Tapatalk!

I'm jealous... Glad you guys are having fun.

Glad to read that you two are having fun, it is a beautiful day for sure.

Ended up finishing out +1. Today was just great. I need to venture over there again.

+1 is very respectable on Monroe CC. How was the wind today? It was quite windy in the North Ga mountains.

+1 is very respectable on Monroe CC. How was the wind today? It was quite windy in the North Ga mountains.

Respectable, man I think it is phenomenal. That is a tough track. Congrats JT on the great round.

Back