The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been able to deal with some poor staff at golf courses. But today pushed me over the edge. I think furious would be an understatement.

Do tell..sounds interesting

I've been able to deal with some poor staff at golf courses. But today pushed me over the edge. I think furious would be an understatement.

What happened?

Okay sorry that this will be a long type, but here goes nothing.

There's a course near my University that I practice out of alot. It's cheap, not far away, and has a good course/facility as a whole. I've always thought the staff was kinda rude to begin with. Today, I went out by myself, but met up with some other college kids and we played together. I had payed for walking and they payed to ride. I walked 14 holes before it started to get dark. We wanted to go in, but we were met by some greenskeeper's in their mid 20's hammered just playing around and tearing up the golf course (I watched them ruin the lip of a bunker as they tried to jump over it). They said they wanted to play with us the rest of the way even though it was getting dark fast. I decided to play quicker, I would ride on the back of my playing partners carts. We only got 3 holes done before we headed to the clubhouse. Now, I'd like to add, we had passed one of the staff members who was riding around. I didn't think much of it. When we got back to the clubhouse, the same staff member called me over and asked me why I had been riding the back of their cart. I explained calmly that we were trying move fast and get in the house before it got really dark. I didn't want to be walking around a golf course in the pitch black. I didn't have a confrontational tone of voice or anything. Yet, this guy proceeds to call me a liar and that I had been riding the whole round. Luckily, my partners had my back. Since they were older and bigger then me, they told the guy to calm down and talk about it. I tried to explain in different terms, but he kept calling me a liar. He then said, "If my manager saw that you were riding when you paid to walk, he would lose it on us." So now I'm questioning the management. Either he's playing the blame game, or his higher ups just care about money and want to play scare tactics with it's staff to bully the customers. I don't know. It took everything in me to not light this guys face up. But I'm calling the company that owns the course tomorrow to give them a good talking too.

Sorry for the length. I'm going to get Moe's to wind down. So, if I don't respond in about 30 minutes, You know that I went to go get a chill burrito. I'm glad I'm playing with Ole Gray tomorrow to get this off my mind.

That sucks dude. I do that all the time if I play with guys who are riding and the guys at my course don't care. That's pretty dumb.

Okay sorry that this will be a long type, but here goes nothing.

There's a course near my University that I practice out of alot. It's cheap, not far away, and has a good course/facility as a whole. I've always thought the staff was kinda rude to begin with. Today, I went out by myself, but met up with some other college kids and we played together. I had payed for walking and they payed to ride. I walked 14 holes before it started to get dark. We wanted to go in, but we were met by some greenskeeper's in their mid 20's hammered just playing around and tearing up the golf course (I watched them ruin the lip of a bunker as they tried to jump over it). They said they wanted to play with us the rest of the way even though it was getting dark fast. I decided to play quicker, I would ride on the back of my playing partners carts. We only got 3 holes done before we headed to the clubhouse. Now, I'd like to add, we had passed one of the staff members who was riding around. I didn't think much of it. When we got back to the clubhouse, the same staff member called me over and asked me why I had been riding the back of their cart. I explained calmly that we were trying move fast and get in the house before it got really dark. I didn't want to be walking around a golf course in the pitch black. I didn't have a confrontational tone of voice or anything. Yet, this guy proceeds to call me a liar and that I had been riding the whole round. Luckily, my partners had my back. Since they were older and bigger then me, they told the guy to calm down and talk about it. I tried to explain in different terms, but he kept calling me a liar. He then said, "If my manager saw that you were riding when you paid to walk, he would lose it on us." So now I'm questioning the management. Either he's playing the blame game, or his higher ups just care about money and want to play scare tactics with it's staff to bully the customers. I don't know. It took everything in me to not light this guys face up. But I'm calling the company that owns the course tomorrow to give them a good talking too.

Sorry for the length. I'm going to get Moe's to wind down. So, if I don't respond in about 30 minutes, You know that I went to go get a chill burrito. I'm glad I'm playing with Ole Gray tomorrow to get this off my mind.
See, nothing good comes from walking...

Just kidding bro, that's some serious BS. You kept your cool better than I would have.

Freaking snow is never going to melt.

Man I just can't catch my breath all day. My heart just keeps skipping beats.

Oh and to add to my story. It doesn't help the course when the hammered employees that I played with tell us that they get drunk everytime they work. Yeah, these are the guys that are supposed to be the cart people. Awesome.

Oh and to add to my story. It doesn't help the course when the hammered employees that I played with tell us that they get drunk everytime they work. Yeah, these are the guys that are supposed to be the cart people. Awesome.
That happens more than you would think... Cart guys...

That doesn't sound good dude. Anxiety attack maybe? You going to see someone about that?

Just had a mini freak-out there. Thought I lost my key, ID, and debit card 7 hours before I leave for my flight. Woah.

Just had a mini freak-out there. Thought I lost my key, ID, and debit card 7 hours before I leave for my flight. Woah.

Calm down Charlie. Haha. I hate those moments.

Just need a place to vent. Its been an annoying week, I've had cell phones for as long as I can remember and I have never broken one. I tripped and fell on Tuesday and my phone broke, I did not realize it so when I went to unlock it the shattered screen cut and embedded in my finger, then my blood ended up under the glass. So now I am without a phone, not the end of the world so I guess I will just cancel everything on my plan and go down to 9.99 a month since I refuse to buy one at 450+ dollars. I can at least check my voicemail from any phone which since I am looking for work is super important.

The next day a 35 pound weight fell 4 feet off the squat machine and landed on my foot because someone over stacked the rack. Foot was numb for a good few minutes and is still hurting pretty bad. It surprisingly has not bruised and I have been using ice off and on, I can put weight on it so that is good. I don't think its broken or fractured but I am going to give it a few more days before I go to a doctor.

This topped off by a few rejection emails from jobs, just the norm there but getting really depressing.

Just needed to vent, don't really have anyone to talk to around here.

That's a rough couple of days, motoo.

If you're drinking energy drinks or other stuff loaded with caffeine, might be a good time to stop that.

Am I the only one who finds it funny, and a little pathetic, how many tournaments on the European tour are called the Masters?

If you're drinking energy drinks or other stuff loaded with caffeine, might be a good time to stop that.

I've cut down significantly on my coffee intake. I wake up and half a small cup of coffee that I usually drink about half of. I will then have a Venti Latte at Starbucks and I generally don't finish that either. I know that when I have too much caffeine, my heart will start skipping beats. I really don't think I'm having a ton of caffeine though anymore. I will drink a Coke but I don't drink energy drinks. Could it be because I am not drinking enough liquids? I find myself so busy that I forget to drink anything. I have my 2 coffee drinks in the morning and then I sip on a Coke for the rest of the day. So the past few days that is all that I have had to drink.

I've cut down significantly on my coffee intake. I wake up and half a small cup of coffee that I usually drink about half of. I will then have a Venti Latte at Starbucks and I generally don't finish that either. I know that when I have too much caffeine, my heart will start skipping beats. I really don't think I'm having a ton of caffeine though anymore. I will drink a Coke but I don't drink energy drinks. Could it be because I am not drinking enough liquids? I find myself so busy that I forget to drink anything. I have my 2 coffee drinks in the morning and then I sip on a Coke for the rest of the day. So the past few days that is all that I have had to drink.

Definitely drink some more water, Chunky.

You gotta make time for food and water man. Work's one thing, but you have to treat eating like it's an appointment too.

You gotta make time for food and water man. Work's one thing, but you have to treat eating like it's an appointment too.

I definitely need to. This past week, 4 of the 5 work days I completely skipped eating until dinner. I just sit down and all of a sudden it's 5PM and I am dizzy as heck

I definitely need to. This past week, 4 of the 5 work days I completely skipped eating until dinner. I just sit down and all of a sudden it's 5PM and I am dizzy as heck

Yeah that's a no no, and probably why your heart's acting funny. You have no gas in the tank. Go buy a big can of almonds or something and keep them at your desk. At least snack on something if you feel you're too busy to stop working. Snacking on something is better than nothing.

The wife doesn't know what Pogs are. Who is this woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back