Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to stop at GG either tomorrow or Thursday and look around. I'd like to get a few swings in the simulator if they have time. I'll also look around at all of the offerings, including the preowned, just to see what is available. Being so new I do agree that $400 on a driver doesn't make much sense for me. I have no issues getting a different driver after lessons but for now I am going to resist the urge to buy. After a few lessons then we will see...

Tomorrow is driver day. I got a GC for my 50th yest, and have a bit of pocket change, so it's going to be one of the adjustables. I hit the R1 pretty good today - the adjustments did make a big difference. Tomorrow, going to fine tune the R1, the 913, and the Razr Extreme. I'm really hoping the Callaway fits me - they've been doing totally awesome stuff for this community, plus I have picked up an XHot 3W and 3 dozen Chrome+ already - but, realistically, it might be too much club for me. Cross yer fingers!

Tomorrow is driver day. I got a GC for my 50th yest, and have a bit of pocket change, so it's going to be one of the adjustables. I hit the R1 pretty good today - the adjustments did make a big difference. Tomorrow, going to fine tune the R1, the 913, and the Razr Extreme. I'm really hoping the Callaway fits me - they've been doing totally awesome stuff for this community, plus I have picked up an XHot 3W and 3 dozen Chrome+ already - but, realistically, it might be too much club for me. Cross yer fingers!

As mentioned 3 posts ago, the XHot is absolutely beast IMO. I don't know if I can resist the urge for that one.

If your gonna try and dial in the 913 try the 910 as well!

My PayPal is getting a little full from finally selling some of the stuff I'm not using...this is my favorite kind of pondering. I dont really need anything but I find myself just browsing of golf related merchandise with the intent to by something. I keep circling back to a 9.5* G25 with a Project X 6C12...

Ptm3 in the platinum finish.

Snapped a pic while on the range this afternoon, I call it... "Hi James"

8D2EABDB-orig_zpsc227f262.jpg

Snapped a pic while on the range this afternoon, I call it... "Hi James"

8D2EABDB-orig_zpsc227f262.jpg

Ugh.

I need to hit them so badly. Very jealous of you.

R1, and it wasn't close. The Razr Extreme, felt head heavy and I never did put a single real good swing on it. I certainly put some bad swings on the R1 - but I found a groove, and it was ~20 yds longer than my K15. Didn't bond with the 913, I had hit it before and felt the same so not a big shocker. Done deal! I'm confident I'll be going at some greens with shorter clubs this year.

R1, and it wasn't close. The Razr Extreme, felt head heavy and I never did put a single real good swing on it. I certainly put some bad swings on the R1 - but I found a groove, and it was ~20 yds longer than my K15. Didn't bond with the 913, I had hit it before and felt the same so not a big shocker. Done deal! I'm confident I'll be going at some greens with shorter clubs this year.

I think, more then any other taylormade club before, this thing is b-e-a-utiful.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Right on! R1 is a great stick and you'll definitely never have to worry about having the wrong loft or face angle.

Nice buy Keto!

This is more of a long term ponder. I think I should be fitted for irons. Not sure if I should get fitted or take some additional lessons first. Either way, I'm sure both will help my game.

This is more of a long term ponder. I think I should be fitted for irons. Not sure if I should get fitted or take some additional lessons first. Either way, I'm sure both will help my game.

Definitely lessons first. Once your swing is in shape, go get fitted to that swing. Hopefully by someone who knows your teacher and what he's trying to do. Good luck man!

Pondering what boxes will arrive today.

Muahahahahaha

haha.

Your item arrived at 7:04 am on April 11, 2013 in OK. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Thursday, April 11, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back