Newcomer from Fort Worth.

Tedski_TX

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello. At 58, I am rather a latecomer to the game. Aside from going out to a driving range with a golfer friend about 30 years ago, I have no experience in the game. I signed up for the Get Golf Ready 4-week class and had my first lesson this past Sunday.

I haven't gotten any equipment yet. I'm in no hurry. I don't plan on playing a round for some time. Right now I'm reading as much as I can find. If anyone has recommendations (aside from this board, of course) I'm open to suggestions.

Looking forward to some interesting reading on this board.

Tedski

Welcome! You're at the right place to start, everyone here's been awesome!

Welcome Tedski!

Buddy, you have come to the right and ONLY place for equipment thoughts and reviews. In about a month, 70 of us are heading down to Orlando for the Ultimate Outing and Demo day and will spend about 9 hours+ on the range testing everything imaginable. Sounds like you are off to a good start in the game and signing up here at just about the right time.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!!

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP! You found the right place for information and all your questions.

Welcome to THP!

Buddy, you have come to the right and ONLY place for equipment thoughts and reviews. In about a month, 70 of us are heading down to Orlando for the Ultimate Outing and Demo day and will spend about 9 hours+ on the range testing everything imaginable. Sounds like you are off to a good start in the game and signing up here at just about the right time.

Welcome to THP!
this is awesome

Welcome to THP.

Don't get impatient or frustrated. Golf is hard. Take pleasure in the good shots you do hit, and being outside with friends. The game will come with practice and time.

Reading is fine, but be careful. You can fill your head with all sorts of stuff that can wreck your game if you try to implement every golf digest tip. Discuss the things you're reading with your instructor and make sure he/she thinks it's compatible with what they're teaching.

One thing I would recommend if you're inclined to spend a few dollars is Shawn Clement's Beginner series (look for "New Video Download for Beginners - $9.95). It will give you some good foundation to study but not get too deep.

http://wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123&Itemid=72

Good luck! We'll be here for support.

Welcome to THP, good to have you here!

Welcome to THP neighbor!

Welcome to THP

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Welcome to THP and the game. You are starting off on the right foot with lessons, next is get fit for your clubs. Like has been mentioned before careful what you read and try to implement into your game.

welcome to THP

:welcome: glad you found us Tedski, keep us posted on your progress with this crazy game.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome Tedski!

Welcome Tedski! Better late than never and you're getting started the right way, for sure. Keep reading and educate yourself as much as possible before you start spending money on clubs. Lessons are the way to go!

Welcome to THP!

Back