Your take on cargo shorts

I guess I won't get it, but you are almost planning to be underdressed and kind of joking about it. Do you also go to formal dressed events and wear a collared shirt and tie but jeans too and think thats ok? THis thread kind of shocks me really.

I don't think it is comparable at all. He's still wearing the shirt, how is he underdressed? This thread shocks me too (not aimed at your post), but I could care less if someone tucks their shirt in or not. This thread is laughable really. I guess different places have different dress codes and norms, because the many places I have played golf, probably 75%+ of the golfers do not have their shirts tucked in. Where does it end? How about a belt? Is a belt necessary to be dressed appropriately.

your right its not about me, it never is. This is my "Vacation", whats wrong with wanting to be comfortable while on a golf vacation, having a untucked shirt isnt against the rules from what was posted earlier.

Actually, we have not posted the dress code from Grand Cypress because it is going through a change as their new season gets underway.
And while this is your vacation and we want everybody to be comfortable, please remember that you are representing THP and are our guests.
When their new dress code is in effect (about 3 weeks from now), we will be posting that so people can prepare appropriately for their trips.

I don't think it is comparable at all. He's still wearing the shirt, how is he underdressed? This thread shocks me too (not aimed at your post), but I could care less if someone tucks their shirt in or not. This thread is laughable really. I guess different places have different dress codes and norms, because the many places I have played golf, probably 75%+ of the golfers do not have their shirts tucked in. Where does it end? How about a belt? Is a belt necessary to be dressed appropriately.

This is again a geographical thing. In our area, do you know that the 4 closest courses to our home all require shirts to be tucked in on the golf course. Its not crazy based on geography. Kind of like greens fees. What is crazy for some is totally normal for others.

Ok its official.

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.
You're just dreaming of tucked in sweat cargo's....don't deny it...hehe

Actually, we have not posted the dress code from Grand Cypress because it is going through a change as their new season gets underway.
And while this is your vacation and we want everybody to be comfortable, please remember that you are representing THP and are our guests.
When their new dress code is in effect (about 3 weeks from now), we will be posting that so people can prepare appropriately for their trips.

there was something posted in either this thread or the outing thread, whether it was "official" or not I dont know.

there was something posted in either this thread or the outing thread, whether it was "official" or not I dont know.

I assure you it wasnt "official". We spoke with Grand Cypress today about this very thing and as soon as their changes go into effect, we will make that post.

I assure you it wasnt "official". We spoke with Grand Cypress today about this very thing and as soon as their changes go into effect, we will make that post.

I will be watching closely for it

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

lock it up and bury it so it may rest in peace. :pray:

This kind of thread although interesting from the different prospective's can strike a nerve. I can certainly see how some toes on both sides of a dressing code fan club can be stepped on. When in Rome do what the fricking Romans do. If they wear a lion cloth and gird up their loins, so be it. Now lock er down :eek:)

Absolute last post from me on this thread. But "gird up their loins" made me giggle like a 3 year old. Can't wait to meet you Gray.

This is again a geographical thing. In our area, do you know that the 4 closest courses to our home all require shirts to be tucked in on the golf course. Its not crazy based on geography. Kind of like greens fees. What is crazy for some is totally normal for others.

I completely agree, and kind of led to that in my post. I did not know that so many require it. I usually tuck my shirt in so I have never had an issue, I was just adding my thoughts. I agree with OG...when in Rome.

Absolute last post from me on this thread. But "gird up their loins" made me giggle like a 3 year old. Can't wait to meet you Gray.

It will be my pleasure to meet ya MHG. I might even let ya borrow my Boo Weekly shirt one day :eek:).

This kind of thread although interesting from the different prospective's can strike a nerve. I can certainly see how some toes on both sides of a dressing code fan club can be stepped on. When in Rome do what the fricking Romans do. If they wear a lion cloth and gird up their loins, so be it. Now lock er down :eek:)

Absolutely hilarious, thanks, made me laugh.

I like cargo shorts alot, but agree some styles may not be appropriate for certain settings, like business golf with a client at their club, unless the short's cargo pocket is more or less hidden so the shorts are still in keeping with a club's more formal dress standards. I too have a pair of Nike DriFit cargo's that are tastefully styled, and you wouldn't even know there's a cargo pocket. Granted, the cargo pocket is only large enought to fit in some tee's, a ball marker and divot tool, but it's still very handy. My fav cargo's tho have a double cargo pocket on each leg, and I could probably stuff a Gatorade bottle in if need be, but I only wear these to play muni's or dog walking, and would not dream of wearing them to a private or semi private club. I could care less about shirt tucking, but if at an upscale club, play tucked in 90% of the time.

I am going to close this thread because it makes me want to scream bloody murder. I don't care if what I am about to say upsets people because personally I think everyone is acting like a bunch of bratty little children. If you are in a nice place dress appropriately it's not that hard to do. You wouldn't wear a bathing suit to church, so why wear casual wear or camping gear to the golf course? If the hosts of an event kindly ask that you have your shirt tucked in, then tuck your freaking shirt it, it's not that hard to to do. What is the problem with looking nice for a few days? If you are at a nice resort, which Grand Cypress is, then dress like you are at a nice resort. Every time I have been there everyone is dressed well, shirts tucked and clothes pressed. No one is complaining because they understand their surroundings. I don't understand what the issue is with this thread and why this keeps coming up but I am going to make this die now before I have to really state my opinion.

Cargo Shorts and Golf

Cargo Shorts and Golf

Do you think it's acceptable for a teen(me) to wear NICE cargo shorts on the course? I'm talking tan or khaki colored, no Rickie Fowler style for me

Acceptable? Sure. As long as the course allows it. Wouldn't be my choice of apparel, but that is what makes this game (and place) great.

For me, it depends on the appearance.

Pressed and neat, yes:
cargo-shorts-stone.jpg

Baggy and ratty, no:
mens-cargo-shorts-07m025-872.jpg

I think cargo shorts are fine. I'll never wear them but I have friends who do. Some can look tacky and depending on the course (Michael Jordan rings a bell) some might not like it.

Some cargo shorts are definitely nice enough for the course, though.

I hate cargo shorts in general, however, that is just a personal preference. I see no problem at all with someone wearing them on a golf course.

Do you think it's acceptable for a teen(me) to wear NICE cargo shorts on the course? I'm talking tan or khaki colored, no Rickie Fowler style for me

depends on the style. I have golf shorts that have that cargo style pocket. But they don't look like this
Cargo-Shorts-for-Men.jpg

they look like this.
i-black.jpg

I agree. As long as it is not against dress code, you can wear whatever you want. If it is a nice, ironed look rather than the baggy kind, you probably won't even get complaints about it.

Depends what kind of cargo you are carrying.

Yeah I have a nice tan pair in the wash that aren't real baggy at all, then I have the tan ones on now that are in y'all's pictures

Back