2013 THP Masters Contest & Thread Sponsored By TaylorMade

Rules question, in lay person terms.

Two options are obvious...drop the ball in the drop area or close to the original spot he hit from. But the third option is a little confusing here. Can someone explain his third option, again, in lay person terms please? Thanks.

Dang well this sucks. Now I guess people can see why Tiger is so leery of talking with the media. The only reason he is being penalized is because he gave an interview. Sounds ridiculous to me and I don't see how the ruling is fair. Then again, I am a Tiger homer

Rules question, in lay person terms.

Two options are obvious...drop the ball in the drop area or close to the original spot he hit from. But the third option is a little confusing here. Can someone explain his third option, again, in lay person terms please? Thanks.

Third option is while keeping flag and entry point in the same line, move as far back as possible.

I won't lie, all this chaos makes for some entertaining reading on here.

It's done, one of two things happen now, he uses it or it uses him, simple. I'm more interested in what he's doing now that I was before the penalty.

Yes and no. All sports deal with it and it's not as large as most deal with, such as soccer and the rigging of games. I have a feeling, that it will effect the hard-core fans more then the casual ones because of the outcome.
I suppose you could be right. However, no other sport has fans able to call in and assess rules infringements and then have them retro-actively enforced. Heck, If I could call the NHL while watching a hockey game when the refs miss something there wouldn't be a phone plan in the world that could handle me.

Third option is while keeping flag and entry point in the same line, move as far back as possible.
Thanks. So he couldn't drop at the fringe where the ball entered, but instead had to go back further and stay in line?

How do I get on the list to be the non-competing marker like the guy with Bubba Watson right now?

Whatever. I'm going to play.

Thanks. So he couldn't drop at the fringe where the ball entered, but instead had to go back further and stay in line?

Yes. He could have backed up to Atlanta if he wanted to.

An interesting tweet: Sick of seeing TV replay catching players hours or days later. All of Tigers shots on TV. Not same for whole field. Not consistent.

I kinda agree. Supposedly there was a rules official with the group. If they missed it, oh well. Move on.

Agreed!

I won't lie, all this chaos makes for some entertaining reading on here.

It's done, one of two things happen now, he uses it or it uses him, simple. I'm more interested in what he's doing now that I was before the penalty.

Oh yes, it did get more interesting now, and I don't believe J.Day can extend his lead, so there's a lot guys with along with TW making their birdies and competing for the last tee time on sunday.

Who's to judge? If the player feels confident that he's making a legal thing, no need to double check with officials, 5-6 hour rounds are long enough...we don't want officials running around the course all the time when somebody is in the rough :D (a bit exaggerated of course).

I bet Woods was fully confident he's making a legal drop, and didn't sweat about it.

Yeah, I don't know buddy.. If I am in a tournament and at all unsure, I'm on my phone to the club house for confirmation. I guess I just don't see it being anything more than either negligence or arrogance, and both deserve a penalty. Two strokes seems perfectly fine based on their modified rules.

Yeah, I don't know buddy.. If I am in a tournament and at all unsure, I'm on my phone to the club house for confirmation. I guess I just don't see it being anything more than either negligence or arrogance, and both deserve a penalty. Two strokes seems perfectly fine based on their modified rules.

Why arrogance?

At my old club, I'd have been DQ'd for using a phone on the course LOL

Why arrogance?

Because he didn't have it confirmed. I'm not saying its absolutely that because only he would be able to confirm it, just saying based on how tiger comes off on course, it could have very well been the case, rather than having the drop confirmed.

That shirt! My eyes!

Of course if you are unsure you should check, what I mean is that if the player feels 100 % confident about his call, (sometimes we all think we are 100% right when we aren't) then who are we to judge their confidence and choices?

After all, the interview after the round, did kind of give the impression that Tiger didn't even have a clue that a foul would have taken place.

Two strokes is ok for me as well :D

Because he didn't have it confirmed. I'm not saying its absolutely that because only he would be able to confirm it, just saying based on how tiger comes off on course, it could have very well been the case, rather than having the drop confirmed.

I just didn't even go to arrogance. Good point though. I think LaCava should have maybe stepped in and said hey buddy do we know this is legal?

Okay. IMO, he should be DQed, but if he plays, I don't care that much. Watching people rant about it is hilarious.

Wow after that start for bubba he just took a 6 on 13 after having less than 200 to the hole. Not gonna be his year.

I just didn't even go to arrogance. Good point though. I think LaCava should have maybe stepped in and said hey buddy do we know this is legal?

Its a loaded word, and I didn't mean it with venom, I just think the way he powers through rounds on course includes a bit of it. Great point back on LaCava.

Wasn't it LaCava on the bag for DJ at the Straits for that bunker debacle?

oooooh,,,,,good catch! Maybe LaCava needs to take a remedial rules class!!

I think DJ's old caddy (who caddy's for him again now, i think) was on the bag at whistling staits. I don't remember his first name, his last name is brown

Back