Taylormade R9 Irons

Really?

41444407_9311281_thumbnail.jpg

605456457_ATiXi-M-3.jpg

Yep. You don't see it?Yes, there are some major differances,but still looks similiar

:drool: These look much better than the "spy" photos I had seen online. :sick: Maybe I can talk my brother into buying these so I can play them. :laughing:

Most of the "spy" photos we saw were the Japanese versions. They were slightly different in looks.

Most of the "spy" photos we saw were the Japanese versions. They were slightly different in looks.

That's kind of what I figured. My bro and I were talking about these irons and we both didn't like the photos we seen but I told him they were probably the Japanese version. We'll see if I can influence him enough to buy them.

Just out of curriosity, are the Japanese versions available to tour pro's here in the states? I don't really understand why there would be a difference, guess they demand a different type of playability, but what if they hit on something that simply worked very well?

Just out of curriosity, are the Japanese versions available to tour pro's here in the states? I don't really understand why there would be a difference, guess they demand a different type of playability, but what if they hit on something that simply worked very well?

Marketing in Japan is very much different than here in the states. Cast clubs do not sell there and Ping has proven that by virtually pulling out of the market entirely. They also have different conforming standards.

Take the 5 Cent Chevrolet emblem off the back , and they look like any old perimeter weighted Irons.. :confused2: :D:D:D

ok, off now, to go and prepare for a :beat-up:

I think if you take any iron and take away graphics, on the surface, they all look similar. However the technology lies with how each club is weighted and shaped. That truly makes the feel out of every iron.

In an interview we did with John Hoeflich, creator of such greats as the Tommy Armour 845s, Titleist DCI's, and Taylormade RAC, he speaks about how there are only so many things you can shape on an iron, but how subtle changes can lead to much different feel and weighting.

I did not like the R7 irons at all. However these feel so much different to those (to me) that I am quickly jumping on board.

That's kind of what I figured. My bro and I were talking about these irons and we both didn't like the photos we seen but I told him they were probably the Japanese version. We'll see if I can influence him enough to buy them.

Why do I have to always buy all the cool things? You expect me to buy R9 irons. Then you are trying to talk me into buying another NEW driver and some new hybrids, all kinds of things. When do you pay for things for golfing?

Why do I have to always buy all the cool things? You expect me to buy R9 irons. Then you are trying to talk me into buying another NEW driver and some new hybrids, all kinds of things. When do you pay for things for golfing?

Because I don't feel as guilty when you buy the expensive stuff and I don't have to.

Dont really like the look of them,maybe in the flesh they will look better so to speak.

Dont really like the look of them,maybe in the flesh they will look better so to speak.

Those were my thoughts exactly. In person, I like them quite a bit. It took me a second to adjust though.

The more I see these the more they may become the my next purchase. Looking to pick up some new sticks for birthday next month.

JB

Do you have any idea if these clubs are significantly more forgiving than the 2008 Tour Burners? I am assuming they are in the same category. Are they?

Keith,
They really are a different animal altogether. The R7/R9 line of clubs is very different (IMHO) to that of the Burner line. While I can't really compare them to the 08 Tour Burners, because I do not have a set of those around, comparing them to the Burners overall I find the forgiveness similar. However the feel of the R9s is, in my opinion, far superior to that of the Burners.

Thanks JB. I will certainly be giving these a shot and will probably go the TM Fitting facility at Reynolds Plantaion Golf Course just outside of Atlanta.

Thanks JB. I will certainly be giving these a shot and will probably go the TM Fitting facility at Reynolds Plantaion Golf Course just outside of Atlanta.

They will certainly be able to fit them perfectly for you. Tell them THP sent you. hehe:alien:

Got a chance to have a few people test these irons out yesterday and this morning and the feedback has been extremely solid. We had 3 people hit them on the range and all 3 of them are current R7 iron players. All three people felt as though that the R9 irons had a different (softer) feel and that they were all impressed.

They were also noticing the distance gain with them, and 2 out of the 3 loved the looks. The last person felt as though "they were missing some color".

Moer coming in the review.

ooohhhh! I will probably end up going to that facility when it is time to get fitted. I didn't know one was that close to me.

make sure you give them a call first. We heard that there was a fire there. Not sure the damages if any at all.

Those are some nice looking irons JB! Ive been busy lately and look what I missed! Ive been waiting to see these things and Im not dissapointed at all!

Glad you like them Kevin. When I first opened the box, I liked them, but not loved them (looks). After having them in my bag for a while now, I can confidently say that I love the looks of them.

Geezer, there are sets available on Ebay from the UK. Don't know if it's a reputable source or not but there are pics and from what i can see they look exactly like the pics posted here.

Geezer, there are sets available on Ebay from the UK. Don't know if it's a reputable source or not but there are pics and from what i can see they look exactly like the pics posted here.

I saw those, but the pictures of the shafts look iffy to me. They are not released yet and while some people have them already, the seller lists themselves as a golf retailer. However they are obviously not an authorized retailer because the clubs are not out yet.

Back