2013 Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball Forum Testing Thread

Nice pics TOAD. I have also noticed that the ball scuffs and marks very easily. How was the overall performance of the ball for you?

Nice pics TOAD. I have also noticed that the ball scuffs and marks very easily. How was the overall performance of the ball for you?

After the beating this thing took, I think it held up pretty well. Most of the scratches were really very superficial, the gouges coming from cart pathes, mostly. I played it, and played it, and didn't really see any difference in performance from my previous test reports at all. (First test report.Second test report.Third test report.)

I still shot a really good round (minus the putting), and had I not known, I would have figured I was playing a fresh ball. I only pulled it out of play on the 16th of that final round because I wanted to play the last two with a DUO to measure up the performance similarities, if I could. (more on that later)

Heck TOAD. Put a SOS pad to that thing and it would look like new!

Hopefully I will be receiving 2 dozen of these following taking out a subscription to a magazine (as per my thread HERE) and I reckon £30 for 2 dozen isn't a bad deal, so assuming I get them I will be able to see what I think of them and fingers crossed I get on with them as well as most people in here did

Good thread, I am in the process of selecting a ball and sticking with it. As a high handicapper I have a wicked slice at times. I usually play balls that I bought on eBay or pro v's that I get from my neighbor who is a college coach (yes I know I should be better but he is always busy). Was thinking of either the E6 or Q star.

Good thread, I am in the process of selecting a ball and sticking with it. As a high handicapper I have a wicked slice at times. I usually play balls that I bought on eBay or pro v's that I get from my neighbor who is a college coach (yes I know I should be better but he is always busy). Was thinking of either the E6 or Q star.

Try the E6, I think you'll like it. I struggled with a bad slice but this ball seems to have straightened me out. Plenty long & very little side spin.

On course testing: Bridgestone E6 Golfball 3/22/13

I made two attempts to test the 2013 Bridgestone E6 against the 2013 Srixon Q-Star this week. The first was a wash out (literally) as the course was so wet that any meaningful comparisons of the balls was just not possible. It was just a miserable day for golf. The second round was better, a bit dryer and I was able to give it a go. The testing was limited to tee shots as I was interested in comparing the two main selling points of both balls--DISTANCE and STRAIGHT.

When we started, the course seemed pretty open and I hit two balls from the tee. On hole #1, I hit the E6 first and heeled it a little. It felt bad and started down the left side of the fairway and faded to the center. I don't fade a ball; it was a miss-hit. I then hit the Q-Star flush down the right center of the fairway dead straight. We all thought the Q-Star was an obvious winner. However, when we got to the balls, they were almost dead on the same distance. Very impressive distance on a poor hit with the E6. Not totally conclusive, however, because we couldn't see the balls land clearly and the Q-Star could have hit a soft spot while the heeled E6 with a lower trajectory and fade could have hit the ground running. Just trying to be fair here.

On Hole 3#, both balls were hit pretty solidly and dead straight. This time when we got to the balls, the Q-Star was longer by a good 10 to 12 yards. But, after two drives, I wasn't ready to declare a winner. This time the E6 could have hit a soft spot as we were still cart path only because of the dampness of the course.

By Hole #4, we had caught up to the group in front and the group behind was catching us, so I began just alternating balls off the tee in stead of hitting two. From there on, with the exception that one ball was yellow and one was white, you would have thought I was playing the same ball. There was no noticeable difference in the way the balls played. Distance was comparable--about what I am used to--and both were very straight. I hit 5 of 7 fairways on the front and 6 of 7 on the back, and the misses were never far from the fairway, which is pretty normal for me as well.

I haven't said much about green holding simply because I hit my irons so poorly that I only hit maybe three greens in regulation all day. I can say that in chipping, of which I got a lot of opportunities this round, both balls performed as I would expect them to. I prefer to chip and run whenever possible so it's difficult for me to judge run out between balls as I'm actually trying to get the ball to run out. I may try to get in a short game session this week where I can compare different chips to see if I can discern a difference.

My conclusion, based on one round, is that I could play either of these balls. I really do like the new E6 though and plan to continue playing it at least until May when, at the THP Outing, Bridgestone themselves will tell me which ball I should be playing.

Initial feelings, posted previously: http://bit.ly/XSklUL

So, I finally got these babies to a course. I had to go all the way to South Africa for this test, and after a good 20 hour travel, I got to the Rondebosch Golf Club in Cape Town.

I teed up a B-stone E6 on the first tee, and bham! I hit a super long drive. I'll admit, a terrible pull hook, but it was long! 260+.

Ok, I played a round with the E6 and I have to say, I did like it. No when I got to the course, I did find some things that were different from what I tested indoors, but yes, the ball performs well and is totally a decent ball to play!

Feel:

The feel is good, especially I like the feel when I putt this one. In the end, the feel could be better near the green, but for the price you pay for these, acceptable.

Distance:

In my experience, this ball is long. I hit every drive longer than the guys I was playing with, and the other guy was a bomber. 250-260 was normal.

Accuracy:

Good. The ball did everything what the club head told it to do. Nothing less, nothing more.

Spin:

I definitely got less spin of the course than inside, but still enough. Sometimes near the green I didn't get the feeling that I could trust the ball to stop, but it usually did at least slow down :D Enough spin with some extra effort.

Overall:

Definitely worth a try if you are looking for a good and affordable ball!

First on Course Testing with the new Bridgestone e6 3/31/13

This was only my second round of the season, and the first round I've played with the e6's. My first round I played the Callaway Hex Black. I typically play the Bridgestone B330-RX or Callaway Hex Chrome.

Conditions: 12 mph steady winds with 20 mph gusts. About 50* partly cloudy. The greens were playing fairly firm but slow.

Driver: Off the driver face the e6 has a very soft feel to it. The e6 seems to just shoot of the face of the driver face with little side spin on well struck shots. On not so good shots, I felt the anti-side spin of the e6 really help me keep the ball in play. I had a couple of bad drives this round that felt to me like if I was using a different ball they would have found their way out-of-bounds. The anti-side spin is a great feature of the e6 and doesn't disappoint. I did lose one ball in the middle of a water hazard on the first par 5, just hit a snap hook, no chance for the ani-side spin to save that one. :D

Irons:
Again, the e6 has a soft feel of the irons too. The anti-side spin didn't seem to really factor into my iron play as I don't really lose to many shots with my irons do to side spin. But I felt I could still shape my shots in either direction with out any trouble of the anti-side spin resisting. It was fairly windy, so the balls that did veer off my line I felt were do to the wind conditions. Distance seemed to be the same as other balls I've played. I did see some more run off with the e6 then other balls I play, even with my short irons.

Chips:
When it came to chipping, I thought the e6 responded nicely with hardly any roll out. The greens were slow, so that may have contributed for the lack of roll out on the greens. I have to admit I was trying to factor in the amount of roll I was going to get on my chips and the roll out never came, so most of my chips were well short of the hole. One of the main reasons I started playing urethane cover balls was for the added stopping power and spin on and around the greens. Next round I play with the e6 I won't be compensating for roll out, so I expect to score better next time out. Overall chipping I felt I had a good amount of control over the e6 and the ball did what I wanted it to.

To be perfectly honest, the new e6 has really opened my eyes about what a moderately priced ball can do. I was very impressed with my first overall testing of the e6 and can't wait to put this ball back in play my next round.

I appreciate this thread hasn't been active for a couple weeks but I just wanted to say thanks to all the testers for the time and effort put in to presenting their views.
It was my first visit to THP and I spent a large chunk of yesterday reading all 31 pages and I'm going to give these a try next time I'm out. So refreshing to have some meat around a review rather than just a rehashed press release. So thanks all!

What's the etiquette for posting my thoughts once I've been out? Can I had to this "official" thread with official testers or should I start a new one?

I appreciate this thread hasn't been active for a couple weeks but I just wanted to say thanks to all the testers for the time and effort put in to presenting their views.
It was my first visit to THP and I spent a large chunk of yesterday reading all 31 pages and I'm going to give these a try next time I'm out. So refreshing to have some meat around a review rather than just a rehashed press release. So thanks all!

What's the etiquette for posting my thoughts once I've been out? Can I had to this "official" thread with official testers or should I start a new one?

Joey, you can just add your thoughts to this thread. Your insight will be appreciated by the readers. Thanks for the kind words to the testers. I for one am still playing these E6 balls but haven't had anything really "new" to add to my reviews. I still think the E6 is well suited to my game and are a great value for the money.

Welcome, Joey!

I've also been continuing to play not only the E6, but the E5 as well, based on the reports in that thread. I've been trying to compare the two and they each glow in their own respects.

I did come very close to a career best round a week or so ago with the E6, with a couple bad breaks and a few bad putts costing me a sub-80 round. Still....I had an ACE bounce off the pin and stop on the lip, carded two birdies in a row at the end of the round when I was tiring, hit all but 2 fairways where I hit driver, and counted up only 26 putts---ended up w/ 82.

The more you get used to the ball, the more you'll just have the confidence it will do what you want.

Thanks T0ad, I would love to hear your thought on e5 vs e6, I'm a bit conflicted but the sidespin countermeasures of the e6 are particularly appealing, I don't have a major issue but I do tend to leak drives right and all the talk of buttery irons really floats my boat :)

I'm still playing & enjoying this ball. I feel like I've used it enough to have a feeling on the roll out & distance I am getting and playing accordingly.
I gave one to a playing partner, that was fighting a slice all day, during my last round to try instead of his normal DT SoLo. It didn't completely cover up the mishits but it wasn't nearly as bad as the Titliest.

I'm still putting this ball through it's paces. Yesterday i shot a PB matching 78 with the e6. One of the characteristics the keeps standing out in my view of this great ball is how good it feels on the greens. Such an easy ball to putt with, when make solid contact with the e6 the ball seems to role straight away. Yesterday was also the first time in my life having 4 birdies in a round to which i give sole credit to the e6. Iron shots felt so crisp and gave that nice "click" sound.

I know a lot of people have spoken about the roleout of the e6 but i am yet to see any major roleout. In fact i feel quite confident in taking on pins knowing the e6 will sit where i want them to.

You want birdies them YOU want the Bridestone e6

Nice David! Congrats on the PB.

Nice!

I picked up a box yesterday, cannot wait!! Hopefully tomorrow....

Nice!

I picked up a box yesterday, cannot wait!! Hopefully tomorrow....

I'm guessing your greens are playing pretty soft right now too???

Pretty much, with what seems like a 7 month cold spell, the last couple being damp, very much a recovery period.
There's some very soggy GUR in places

I'm still putting this ball through it's paces. Yesterday i shot a PB matching 78 with the e6. One of the characteristics the keeps standing out in my view of this great ball is how good it feels on the greens. Such an easy ball to putt with, when make solid contact with the e6 the ball seems to role straight away. Yesterday was also the first time in my life having 4 birdies in a round to which i give sole credit to the e6. Iron shots felt so crisp and gave that nice "click" sound.

I know a lot of people have spoken about the roleout of the e6 but i am yet to see any major roleout. In fact i feel quite confident in taking on pins knowing the e6 will sit where i want them to.

You want birdies them YOU want the Bridestone e6

Nice job buddy and congrats on the great round!

Pretty much, with what seems like a 7 month cold spell, the last couple being damp, very much a recovery period.
There's some very soggy GUR in places

We are looking at pretty similar greens here in Ireland, so trust me you can throw the e6 at pins on softer greens and it will stick. In some cases i've even had spin back

These balls well stick. Obviously you may not get as much spin back as pro v but I can definitely get the ball to stop.

We are looking at pretty similar greens here in Ireland, so trust me you can throw the e6 at pins on softer greens and it will stick. In some cases i've even had spin back

You're not helping me manage my anticipation!! If the clubs weren't in the car. I'd be chipping down the hall :D

You're not helping me manage my anticipation!! If the clubs weren't in the car. I'd be chipping down the hall :D

Haha you may just see some rollout chipping down the hall.

Be sure to come back in here tomorrow and let us know how you get on

Was going to take tomorrow as it comes but have now booked a tee time....

Back