2013 Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball Forum Testing Thread

I agree with that. Spin is created in the swing, some balls (dependent on properties) do spin a bit more, but IMO it's all about technique.

I also think it is condition dependent in our perception of spin. I can use the same swing and generate compression similarly between 2 shots, but the softness/firmness of a green will also influence my opinion of how the golf ball performs. I think that is one of the reasons we have seen vastly different opinions of the performance of this ball in this thread.

I also think it is condition dependent in our perception of spin. I can use the same swing and generate compression similarly between 2 shots, but the softness/firmness of a green will also influence my opinion of how the golf ball performs. I think that is one of the reasons we have seen vastly different opinions of the performance of this ball in this thread.
Absolutely. The performance I see on the wetter/softer greens down here is very different than what other see in colder climates.

I played this weekend again and tried the '13 E6 against a yellow '12 E6.The new ball felt softer than the old one but they were pretty close distance wise.The course we played had new champion bermuda greens and they were very firm, even with a lot of rains for a couple weeks.The course was cart path only but the greens were so hard they looked like felt from a pool table and sounded like concrete when you thumped your putter on them.THis made it real hard to hold approach shots on them with either ball.My playing partner usually can back up his Pro V's, but even he couldn't stop them on those greens so it wasn't a fair test of the balls.The '13 E6 seemed to hold it's line slightly better in the 10+ mph breezes we had ,but again not a great difference.

I've been playing around with the Bridgestone e6 side by side with other balls I own, as well as the chromax golf balls, overall the story is the same as before. Highly durable cover, with lower launch than the 2012 Version, way softer and a tiny bit more spin, on chipping shots I notice that the ball runs out quite a bit, and on full pitches and flop shots I have no problem stopping the ball within feet of the landing area, I remember a few approach shots where the ball hit soft and stayed in place. I was pretty impressed by that.

From the tee box , I felt a soft ball that seems to spring off the face and travels straight. The few balls that I have lost have been to blocks, not so much slices. I noticed that the ball launched lower than the 2012 with my woods, but the same high ball flight with my irons. I really enjoy hitting this ball.

Off the putter it's a great soft feeling ball, even when I use my hard yes putter, the ball is still nice and soft, and easy to manipulate and guess my distances.

Over all I've been impressed with it so far, and I haven't changed from it as my main ball. I can't wait to play a round tomorrow where my friend Jason will hit the ball, I will be testing it against the noodle + tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I've played 27 holes over the past 2 days and I'm still loving this ball. I don't know what Bridgestone was thinking though, this ball is impossible to loose and cover is extremely durable. They made a ball that doesn't need to be replaced.

Of the dozen I started with, I have 9 still in play. One I lost OB after it bounced of a cart path, another in a pond on a topped shot and the 3rd is now an eagle ball with my collectibles. So that's really 2 balls for 7 rounds. I did go and purchase 3 boxes of the new e6s, so now I may have a lifetime supply. Thank You Bridgestone for making the last golf ball I'll ever need.

So as you can tell I'm very impressed with this ball. It does everything the 2011 ball does but better. I'm a higher spin/ higher launching player and this ball holds the green great on full iron shots for me. Harder greens 8i-Aw will be near the pitch mark. On softer greens I've backed up all those clubs. The longer irons do roll out for me on harder greens but on soft greens they are still right near the pitch mark.

I think this ball is improved For windy conditions. Nice easy swings just give me penetrating ball flights. No ballooning and great distance. The only shot where I prefer a different ball is those from 50 yards and in, but the amount of strokes the e6 has saved me every where else is a game changer. Thank You Bridgestone. I hope to watch my handicap fall this year.

I've played 27 holes over the past 2 days and I'm still loving this ball. I don't know what Bridgestone was thinking though, this ball is impossible to loose and cover is extremely durable. They made a ball that doesn't need to be replaced.

Of the dozen I started with, I have 9 still in play. One I lost OB after it bounced of a cart path, another in a pond on a topped shot and the 3rd is now an eagle ball with my collectibles. So that's really 2 balls for 7 rounds. I did go and purchase 3 boxes of the new e6s, so now I may have a lifetime supply. Thank You Bridgestone for making the last golf ball I'll ever need.

There is a lot of truth in this. I have played many rounds with the original dozen and still have a couple left. I rarely lose them and have never had to take one out of play. I'm kind of curious to see just how long you could play a single ball but I eventually do lose them before I find out.

So today I hit a tree bad, and this was all the wear I saw

udu7ave9.jpg

It's not too bad at all, just dirty

On course testing: Bridgestone E6 Golfball 3/7/13

Conditions: Temperature: Mid 50’s, Wind 8-10 MPH Wet, soft fairways, soft greens

I played another testing round with the Bridgestone E6 yesterday. Perhaps I should just say another round as the E6 is now my regular gamer ball. This ball is simply performing for me so I picked up another dozen at the PGASS and will probably play the E6 at least until the Bridgestone Ball Fitting at the THP Outing and Demo Day in May. I shot 40/40 for an 80 which was okay considering my iron play is still erratic after having them re-shafted.

Driving: This was definitely the strength of the round. I hit 14/14 fairways. So, obviously, I'm quite pleased with the ball off the tee. The ball does seems to want to go straight. If I don't over swing or try some foolish trick shot with the driver, my ball is generally going to be in or near the fairway. Yesterday, I played a very relaxed round and never really tried to push for more distance and had excellent results. I have to say that I'm pretty darned confident right now with the big stick.

Distance: As I said, I never really tried to push it yesterday. But, distance off the tee was quite adequate. Being a senior, I'm not a big hitter to begin with. But, I'm holding my own with most of my playing partners who are a few years younger. This ball IMO helps me in the distance department. I have hit some drives that have surprised me since putting this ball into play.

Iron Play: Something is amiss with my middle irons since re-shafting. I'm missing a lot of greens and have lost a little distance. I think a trip back to the fitter is in order. My SCOR wedges are boss however. I mentioned in a previous review that I'm not a big spinner of the ball. But, the E6 off my wedges does get some bite. On a full swing with a 52* SCOR wedge yesterday, the ball hit about 8 feet behind the ball and spun back past the pin and down two levels of green leaving me with about a 30 foot putt--not the result I was looking for, but it was quite dramatic. But, generally, I have been quite satisfied with the ability to hold the greens with approach shots. The other few times I hit a green in regulation yesterday, the ball stopped within six feel or less of the ball mark.

Chipping and Putting: I'm getting a lot of opportunities here lately, since I'm missing greens. I really like the feel off the E6 of the wedges when chipping and off the putter. I had no 3-putts yesterday, and several one-putts after good chop shots. My confidence level is high with the E6 in this area.

All in all, I'm not only enjoying testing the 2013 E6 ball, but gaming it as well. For the testing's sake, I do want to do some more heads up comparisons though. In particular, I want to put it up against the 2013 Srixon Q-Star and will pick up a sleeve of those for next week's testing.

Nice review v.man. well done

I wasn't necessarily testing today, but I did play the E6 in a 2-Man Reverse Scramble today. This is like a scramble, except your opponents get to choose which ball you play after each shot. Needless to say, you are always playing the worse ball. Such a brutal format, but fun in a perverse sort of way. You really can't take it very seriously. Anyway, the reason for posting it in here is that we did not play my tee ball once in the entire round (and my partner is a 6 handicap). Why? Because my E6 was in the middle of the fairway each time and my partner's ball was either in the rough, or shorter all day.

LOVING the new E6 golf ball off the tee.

I played a friendly round on Thursday. The course was pretty soft and we were lucky to get out. It's been a long time since i've had such a great day off the tee. I hit 9 of 14 fairways by far the best driving day ever. Out of the other 5, 2 were just bad swings and the last 3 were only a few feet off the fairway in the first cut.

I other 4 holes are par 3's. 2 of them were GIR's. One was pin high in the right rough. The last one was surprising a 205 yard par 3, I hit a 5 wood which landed on the front of the green and ran all the way through the green (35-40 feet) into a bunker at the back of the green.

If the green side spin could be increased the e6 would be an insane ball

I got out again yesterday after 3 weeks worth of unplayable weather...played in my courses Saturday mens game so I wasn't able to play multiple balls or hit shots over...the wind was horrible (25-35MPH) all day...I decided right off the bat the I was playing the e6 due to the wind... I was also playing my first day with the Grafalloy Bimatrix driver shaft that I got on ebay earlier in the week.

Long story short...I had one of my best ballstriking days ever...wind and all...the shaft turned out to be absolutely perfect for me, and the e6 totally complimented it. I hit 12 of 12 fairways, and I nearly aced a 190yd par 3 that was playing 220 dead into the wind with my 5wood (2 inch tap in birdie putt).

The e6 bored through the wind like a hot knife through butter.

And as far as control on the greens, I had no problems. The greens were fairly soft and did need mowed, but I really focused on using shorter backswings and swinging firm to a full finish and the e6 was sticking like darts in a dartboard.

I liked the ball the first day I used it, and the more I use it the more I like it. My only reservation before yesterday was the stopping ability, but there was nary a hiccup with it for me this time.

Don't mean to thread jack but I played a couple holes with this ball today and have to say I came away really impressed. Felt a lot like the B330 line to me. Really good feel off the woods and irons. Didn't care too much for the feel off the putter. I think these retail for $25 if I'm not mistaken. For that price these are a great ball. Really couldn't see a huge difference between this and the B330 tour I usually play. Going to get a box of these next chance I get and see if I like them as much as I did today.

3/10/2013 - Chateau Elan - Woodlands Course

I kind of cringe to write this lead-in to the review thoughts of the e6 for today. There was dramatic bloodshed with the dozen e6 balls that arrived with me at the golf course this morning. As I said in the R1 thread, I was infected with a dead pull off the tee that I couldn't shake for much of the day. It was so bad that after five holes, I had lost six balls to the forest or water gods. On the plus side, anyone who explores the woods in that vicinity will probably get to do their own testing with the e6 ball.

Now that sounded horrible, and there were three more balls lost on the day for a total of NINE, but I can safely say that the e6 had nothing to do with the mechanical issue I was fighting. Having played the previous version of the e6 in the past, I kind of knew what I was expecting to see, and luckily the pull swing was limited to the driver, so I did come out with thoughts.

Distance - The e6 really travelled the distance I would normally expect to see this time of year. With the cooler temps, and my weaker muscles, I'm seeing about a club shorter distances than I will expect to see in a month or so. I really wasn't doing a head-to-head testing, but nothing I saw was extraordinary (either long or short).

Directional Forgiveness - Even though I was hitting some massive pulls, there were a few that had a small fade or draw in flight, but really nothing drastic. With what I have seen with both the 2013 version and the previous versions, the e6 really will give some directional correction by way of limiting the direction of the swing you put on the ball. I don't have an opinion of the 2013 version compared to prior editions, but I was very pleased with what I have seen about this effect with the 2013 e6.

Full Iron Spin - I am not a high backspin generator. However, I really wasn't seeing much rollout on the few occasions I hit the green from 80+ yards out today. Two instances really did standout. Twice, I could see a ball mark within about 18 inches of where the ball ended...once from 125 out with a 8 iron, and once from 100 out with a PW. On full shots, I really think the spin of the e6 is fine for me.

Greenside Spin - Now the e6 is not designed to be real spinny around the green, and I'm certainly not generating much spin on my own. Honestly, the e6 did what I expected here. I would chip up, and the ball would run out a decent bit. I expect this, so within reason, I can adjust to it. This is probably the main reason though that I usually opt for the B330-RX when I can get my hands on some. Being a lower spin player, I need the extra assistance there, but if I'm playing an e6, I know what to expect.

Feel - I really like the soft feel of this ball. It feels great to me off a putter, and I had a real nice putting performance on 11-day old aerated greens. There is no club where this ball feels harsh.

Overall - I think the Bridgestone e6 delivers what is promised. Straighter distance. It's not a tour-level spin ball...but it isn't priced like one. It's a great winter ball for me when I need whatever extra help the ball can provide. Beyond that, there are times where I just won't spend the $45/dozen that the B-series will cost. The e6 gives me a nice option for those times too.

I put this ball away for a few weeks and then came back to playing it over the weekend, and I came away from the rounds again very impressed with the overall performance of the ball.

I lost two of them by hitting them too far into hazards, which I guess is a nice problem to have. My favorite thing about this ball is the sound/feel off the putter and that is just seem to roll better on the greens than some other balls I play. My brain tells me that balls can't be that different when putting them, but it seems I can get the e6 started on the correct line better and it rolls better than the Srixon and Callaway balls I play. I'm making some longer putts that I "normally" wouldn't make and when i two-putt that second putt is more comfortable.

The other things I really like about this ball is the length and it does check up pretty well on full shots. I'm getting more roll out on partial shots than what I would consider to be ideal. I like the Z-Star, Tour Chrome and B330-RXS for stopping power. But that's not a deal breaker for me with the e6. What is does well - feel and roll on the greens, straight distance, and stopping power on full shots are great factors to have in a golfball, and I can adjust my chipping to allow for some greater rollout. I'm looking forward to trying out a new ball from a competitor that is in the same price range, and comparing it against the e6. But I can say that this e6 will certainly be a regular for me for as long as it's in production.

I played again this weekend and was using my Srixon Q stars.My driving wasn't bad ,but the round just wasn't going well,so I pulled out the E6 to "change my luck".The next drive I hit was the longest of the day and straight as an arrow.Great feel,great distance and straight.Unfortunately even a great ball can't cure a lousy player.I would hit a great drive and then chunk the wedge,or hit the greens in regulation then not putt well.Not the balls fault!I still love the E6.

Course: Monroe Golf and Country Club, Monroe, GA
Weather: GORGEOUS. Not hot, not cold, slightly windy.

So this was the first time I've been able to play golf with no rain puddles and > 45* weather in quite a while. The day was just perfect as OG, KB, MaryC and myself teed off. I asked OG if he had an E6 in his bag because I'd lost all mine and the Walmart on the way up to the course didn't have the new ones to continue the testing. Lucky for us, he pulled out a brand new one and off I went for a nice warm day of testing; a first.

From the very first tee, I was reminded why we should all be enthralled with this ball. I was having a particularly decent day with the driver (up until an unfortunate injury during an 'overswinging' bomber attempt). As much as the performance in chilly, and even downright cold, weather excited me, the performance in warm weather was nothing short of awesome!! Just about every drive was met with an OG-ism of some sort related to the distance I was getting off the tee. Full disclosure: It was breezy and most of the tees are elevated, but I knocked 2 or 3 out very near the 300 mark (285, 291, 297). The one thing we noticed was when I was trying to turn the ball off the tee, it just wouldn't. I'm no pro player, but I can usually slice just by overswinging and draw based on ball position, but the 3 times I tried to move the ball, it went straight as an arrow...and long. Until the "injury", I was having a stellar day of driving. I would grade it an easy 'A'.

Once off the tee, the fun stuff started. This course is no joke when it comes to its rough (which was down, thankfully, due to winter conditions) and the stupidly difficult greens and approach areas with false fronts and other surprises. I really didn't have too much difficulty getting the ball on the green. I've learned to just club down a tiny bit and play the ball as its performance dictates. I hit a fair amount of greens from fairly decent yardages that either stayed on or just touched the fringe. I think on my well struck shots, I was seeing the ball hop and run out to about 12 feet past the pitch mark. I hit one 8i in particular out on the toe that landed just on the front and still only rolled out about 20ft or so. One of the shots of the day, though, was a cut 7i to an elevated green that ended up pin high about 10ft left of the hole. I still wish it would check up more, but I can't argue with what it does off the face and in flight.

Putting on this course is hit or miss. You'll either have the line AND the read AND the grain read correctly and do well, or you will not and will suffer greatly. I was using a stainless face putter with no insert and the e6 still felt 'confident' off the face. I think it was having the wrong putter for these greens more than anything, but I think I got used to it as the day went on. My absolute shot of the day was a speedy, downhill, 5ft right to left breaker from about 25ft that hit center-cup for a hard-scrambled par. (That entire sequence of shots is a story in itself.)

DRIVER: Finally getting to play a warm e6 really opened my eyes to the performance in this ball. If you have to turn lots of tee shots on your course, I hope you're good at it, because I was having a devil of a time getting this ball to move even 10yds off line. My partners that day can attest that I tried like mad to cut one around some trees (open face, ball back, over swing a bit) and the dang ball still jumped straight out down the fairway....and sometimes through the fairway.
IRONS: I was hitting irons pretty well and when the R11 gets hold of this ball right on the nose, it's really a great feeling. Ball flight is a nice, mid-high for me, but never really got caught up in the breezes that were present on the course that day. I didn't see any balooning (off the driver, either) and what I wanted the ball to do, it generally did (until I was on the green :sadface:). I was able to move the ball a little more off irons and saw some nice draws when I wanted them. And again, those shots off the toe still performed pretty well and didn't kill me.
WEDGE: I used all the wedge shots this day; half, full, punch, flop and chip. In my opinion, the ball performs fine if you know what to expect out of it and don't go shooting right for the cup expecting it to stop dead. I was getting the shots I expected and on each the ball felt solid and 'present' on the face. To me that gives me the confidence of knowing how the ball is going to feel every swing and gives me the abliity to develop a touch for certain shots. I had some long running bump-n-runs as well as a nice high flop that all did what I wanted.
PUTTER: I will be back on my less punishing home course greens this week and in the warmer temps, so hopefully I'll get more feedback from the stainless putter I've been using lately (while I decide which new SeeMore to pick up).

I feel like I want to try the e5 after testing is over, but I will be using that same e6 that OG let me have until I lose it. Yes...I used the same ball the entire round at Monroe and it barely has a mark on it. It wouldn't have ANY marks on it had it not been the two trees I played pinball with trying to create a miracle shot. Durability is definitely above average with this ball as I was beating it around pretty good and only marked it by being silly. I wiped it down after the round and it looked brand new; well, most of it did.

Previous Posts:
Link to:
Unboxing post.
Link to:
First test report.
Link to:
Second test report.
Link to:
Third test report.

This thread is STILL going strong! Great to see!
I'm still loving my 2013 e6. I won't be switching to anything else anytime soon.

I just need to swallow my pride and accept these balls were made for me. I drive these balls longer and straighter than any ball out there, they feel good off the irons, and are just fine putting. I'm stubborn and think that I can get a ProV 1 or some other ball and spin it back but I can't. Everytime I try another ball my scores suffer, I just need to force it through my thick skull that the Bridgestone E6 was the ball made for me and that I need to stick with it and watch the scores drop!

Course: Monroe Golf and Country Club, Monroe, GA
Weather: GORGEOUS. Not hot, not cold, slightly windy.

So this was the first time I've been able to play golf with no rain puddles and > 45* weather in quite a while. The day was just perfect as OG, KB, MaryC and myself teed off. I asked OG if he had an E6 in his bag because I'd lost all mine and the Walmart on the way up to the course didn't have the new ones to continue the testing. Lucky for us, he pulled out a brand new one and off I went for a nice warm day of testing; a first.

From the very first tee, I was reminded why we should all be enthralled with this ball. I was having a particularly decent day with the driver (up until an unfortunate injury during an 'overswinging' bomber attempt). As much as the performance in chilly, and even downright cold, weather excited me, the performance in warm weather was nothing short of awesome!! Just about every drive was met with an OG-ism of some sort related to the distance I was getting off the tee. Full disclosure: It was breezy and most of the tees are elevated, but I knocked 2 or 3 out very near the 300 mark (285, 291, 297). The one thing we noticed was when I was trying to turn the ball off the tee, it just wouldn't. I'm no pro player, but I can usually slice just by overswinging and draw based on ball position, but the 3 times I tried to move the ball, it went straight as an arrow...and long. Until the "injury", I was having a stellar day of driving. I would grade it an easy 'A'.

Once off the tee, the fun stuff started. This course is no joke when it comes to its rough (which was down, thankfully, due to winter conditions) and the stupidly difficult greens and approach areas with false fronts and other surprises. I really didn't have too much difficulty getting the ball on the green. I've learned to just club down a tiny bit and play the ball as its performance dictates. I hit a fair amount of greens from fairly decent yardages that either stayed on or just touched the fringe. I think on my well struck shots, I was seeing the ball hop and run out to about 12 feet past the pitch mark. I hit one 8i in particular out on the toe that landed just on the front and still only rolled out about 20ft or so. One of the shots of the day, though, was a cut 7i to an elevated green that ended up pin high about 10ft left of the hole. I still wish it would check up more, but I can't argue with what it does off the face and in flight.

Putting on this course is hit or miss. You'll either have the line AND the read AND the grain read correctly and do well, or you will not and will suffer greatly. I was using a stainless face putter with no insert and the e6 still felt 'confident' off the face. I think it was having the wrong putter for these greens more than anything, but I think I got used to it as the day went on. My absolute shot of the day was a speedy, downhill, 5ft right to left breaker from about 25ft that hit center-cup for a hard-scrambled par. (That entire sequence of shots is a story in itself.)

DRIVER: Finally getting to play a warm e6 really opened my eyes to the performance in this ball. If you have to turn lots of tee shots on your course, I hope you're good at it, because I was having a devil of a time getting this ball to move even 10yds off line. My partners that day can attest that I tried like mad to cut one around some trees (open face, ball back, over swing a bit) and the dang ball still jumped straight out down the fairway....and sometimes through the fairway.
IRONS: I was hitting irons pretty well and when the R11 gets hold of this ball right on the nose, it's really a great feeling. Ball flight is a nice, mid-high for me, but never really got caught up in the breezes that were present on the course that day. I didn't see any balooning (off the driver, either) and what I wanted the ball to do, it generally did (until I was on the green :sadface:). I was able to move the ball a little more off irons and saw some nice draws when I wanted them. And again, those shots off the toe still performed pretty well and didn't kill me.
WEDGE: I used all the wedge shots this day; half, full, punch, flop and chip. In my opinion, the ball performs fine if you know what to expect out of it and don't go shooting right for the cup expecting it to stop dead. I was getting the shots I expected and on each the ball felt solid and 'present' on the face. To me that gives me the confidence of knowing how the ball is going to feel every swing and gives me the abliity to develop a touch for certain shots. I had some long running bump-n-runs as well as a nice high flop that all did what I wanted.
PUTTER: I will be back on my less punishing home course greens this week and in the warmer temps, so hopefully I'll get more feedback from the stainless putter I've been using lately (while I decide which new SeeMore to pick up).

I feel like I want to try the e5 after testing is over, but I will be using that same e6 that OG let me have until I lose it. Yes...I used the same ball the entire round at Monroe and it barely has a mark on it. It wouldn't have ANY marks on it had it not been the two trees I played pinball with trying to create a miracle shot. Durability is definitely above average with this ball as I was beating it around pretty good and only marked it by being silly. I wiped it down after the round and it looked brand new; well, most of it did.

Previous Posts:
Link to:
Unboxing post.
Link to:
First test report.
Link to:
Second test report.
Link to:
Third test report.

Great review T0AD and I can vouch the big guy was punishing this golf ball and how it held up so well, is a testament of the durability of the new E6. He was really striking this ball great all day and his drives were pipe line straight with a beautiful mid high trajectory that went for miles :bulgy-eyes:

Sounds like a lot of positive feedback on the 2013 e6. I've been playing back and forth with the hex chrome and 2012 e6. Both have been good overall, but I've found that the e6 is a little straighter and the hex chrome is a little stickier around the greens. At my level, straight is probably more important for me... And as a minor gripe, I like them in yellow, but Bridgestone's formula is a little more appealing to me (the chromes are almost distractingly bright to me...but if that's what they wanted, then mission accomplished). Looking forward to trying the 2013 version!

Sounds like a lot of positive feedback on the 2013 e6. I've been playing back and forth with the hex chrome and 2012 e6. Both have been good overall, but I've found that the e6 is a little straighter and the hex chrome is a little stickier around the greens. At my level, straight is probably more important for me... And as a minor gripe, I like them in yellow, but Bridgestone's formula is a little more appealing to me (the chromes are almost distractingly bright to me...but if that's what they wanted, then mission accomplished). Looking forward to trying the 2013 version!

If straight is what you are looking for, straight is what you'll get. I've been playing the e6 for a while now and it's been quite reliable

I was able to get out this past weekend for some testing. I just played a local 9 hole executive course that is not long obviously but does have a couple challenging holes but really is great for practice. Especially in the winter months as it is virtually empty. I walked and carried this course once and then did a replay way too short to justify a cart in any conditions IMO.

Weather Conditions: It was pretty cold about 43 degrees and very overcast and cloudy, almost no wind only 5-8 MPH.

For this testing session I compared the e6 to a ball that I have become very fond of over the past few months the Nike Vapor Black. I am also going through swing changes with lesson through GolfTec so my swings can be inconsistent at times but that is all part of learning.

The e6 is very consistent for me off the tee with the typical missed here and there but I have really come to enjoy the results I am seeing. I am also testing the TM RBZ Stage 2 3 wood (Huge Thanks to TM and THP for the opportunity) for this testing I played 2 balls of each tee one with my driver and one with the Stage 2. What I found shocked me the Stage 2 was longer than my driver not just once but FOUR times with the e6 each time! I say this with a bit of caution because I need way more practice with my driver.

Still the e6 performed quite well even on miss hits and I saw this consistently through my bag.

9th Hole very short Par 3, it was playing 106 to the middle of the green. This is PW for me right now, so I took the Nike first then e6. Here are the results:

IMG_20130317_161742_zps5aef8b1d.jpg

The ball in the front is the Nike which I measured at 97 yards with my Garmin Approach S1 watch.

The ball pin high is the Bridgestone e6 measured at 104 yards. Both had very similar ball flights but a little more distance on the e6 but a much easier putt.

Putting: I do not like the e6 on the putting surface. My putting is another part of my game that needs serious work but I just dont like the feel of this ball on the green and off my putter, nothing more than personal feel on this one. I had a couple 4 putts with the e6 which were quite discouraging and when I switched to the Nike no 4 putts (thank goodness!) and only three 3 putts( i guess that is improvement haha) for me.

Overall: I like the e6 everywhere but the putting surface and I think because of that it will not be my go to ball going forward. I have another sleeve left of the 2013 e6 series and will continue to test them out and compare them to other companies offerings. I just don't think it is the ball for me going forward. I have seen some very positive things from this ball but also negative things as well and unfortunately the negative outweighs the positive at this point.

Thanks for reading and I am happy to answer any questions that you might have.

The weather was nice and since the days are getting longer, I was able to play 18 holes today. I have been gaming the e5 lately but today, I found 3 e6 balls in the bag so I decided to play those. Good thing too, shot my lowest score today 50/47 for a total of 97.

Driver: My tee shots were either straight or a slight push. My worst shots were a push with a slight fade. I really do love how straight this ball is off the driver.
Irons/Wedges: Again, I was seeing either a straight of slight push off my iron shots. I did slice a couple of shots but they were due to an over the top swing. On long par 3s where I had to hit a 5 or 6 iron, the ball did roll out quiet a bit but I was expecting that so I factored in the amount of roll out when choosing a club. On my 9 iron and wedges, the ball only rolled out about 2 feet from where it landed. This could be due to the higher ball flights I have with these clubs.
Chipping: The e6 does have quiet a bit more roll out compared to the e5 so I just had to adjust for that when chipping.
Putter: I really couldn't tell the difference between the e5 and the e6.

Overall, I still like this ball. I will continue to game this ball for the next couple of rounds.

I asked OG if he had an E6 in his bag because I'd lost all mine and the Walmart on the way up to the course didn't have the new ones to continue the testing. Lucky for us, he pulled out a brand new one [......] I will be using that same e6 that OG let me have until I lose it
Just wanted to report that I FINALLY took this ball out of play. I played all 18 with it in Monroe, another 9 during men's league, and 16 more this past Sunday. I most likely could still play it with no notice to its abrasions. Maybe a shag bag ball now, which is OK. It will be retired with honor.
A few trees, a couple cart paths, and a couple hundred ball strikes, this is how it looks:
IMAG0142_zps0c19539c.jpg
IMAG0141_zps45f80ccd.jpg

Back