What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
44/41=85 11/14 FWs and 4 GIRs. On the plus side I only used 32 putts with 1 three putt. Beautiful weather and a fun day with a good friend.

That's darn good from the tee box Dawg! Good putting as well!

Played in a 2-man multi-format 1 day tournament on Sat. It was brutal. 38 degrees with 20+ MPH winds. 6 holes scramble/6 holes best ball/6 holes alternate shot. I think there were about 25 groups (a few didn't bother showing up).
We played the last 4 holes (alternate shot) birdie,birdie,bogey,bogey and finished tied for 3rd but got bumped to 4th after a scorecard play-off. Those closing bogeys cost us.

http://www.ppdgolf.org/golf/emailer2020/img/ppdgolf/Carters_Confusion.pdf

Played in a 2-man multi-format 1 day tournament on Sat. It was brutal. 38 degrees with 20+ MPH winds. 6 holes scramble/6 holes best ball/6 holes alternate shot. I think there were about 25 groups (a few didn't bother showing up).
We played the last 4 holes (alternate shot) birdie,birdie,bogey,bogey and finished tied for 3rd but got bumped to 4th after a scorecard play-off. Those closing bogeys cost us.

http://www.ppdgolf.org/golf/emailer2020/img/ppdgolf/Carters_Confusion.pdf

We need to get together for a round sometime here... I played 9 on Sat and was pretty rough playing weather for sure.

42/36 - 78

11/18 GIR
10/15 FIR
33 Putts

1st round under 80 in a good while. Thanks to the GolfSense and Mr. FK I was hitting it really solid, my irons more so than I can ever remember, was just off on clubs here and there. Two doubles on the front but ended the back with a birdie to nail 36. I love it.

Plus, it's 80 degrees!

Meh, I shot a 40 on a par 36 course (35.9/127 rating/slope). I was hitting it well, but I need to get used to the power fade I've been developing for more consistency (it's worked: this is my worst round all year). 1 birdie, 5 bogeys. There was a decent amount of wind today, so I should probably take that into account with my score, so overall, a decent day.

We need to get together for a round sometime here... I played 9 on Sat and was pretty rough playing weather for sure.

I wouldn't have played that morning had we not been in a tournament. As far as playing sometime, that would be cool. I try to get out at least once on the weekends. I've got a couple of other guys who are always looking to play as well.

42/36 - 78

Nice JMAN. Hate those dang doubles. But any time I shoot in the 70's I'm happy. Though my objective is to finally shoot a 69 on my home course this year. Been close a couple of times but just couldn't close the deal.

Played with Motoo and Jlukes today. Shot a 78. 40/38 with two bonehead three putts and the back! First time I broke 80 in 10 years. I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

Played with Motoo and Jlukes today. Shot a 78. 40/38 with two bonehead three putts and the back! First time I broke 80 in 10 years. I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

Awesome, congrats on the great round and with two great THPers to boot.

I played 36 today and shot 88 both rounds.

39/40 = 79 yesterday afternoon. It was wet, cold, and windy here in IA. Not the best conditions, but I really can't believe how well I was striking the ball. I was dotting the fairways and/or greens. The damp, cold weather really made it hard for me to initially judge the greens. I had five legit birdie attempts and only sank one. I did pick up a few penalty strokes from having to my play provisional twice. Thats okay though, because I was flushing the ball on nearly every shot and had me smiling after I finished my round.

Nice round Sleuth, great job out there.

On paper, I shot 81. PB.
But it was a Matchplay. So was given 4 or 5 putts. 2 of those were definitely missable, so probably 83/84 is probably more realistic. Still equals my PB and the best I have shot for a while. Was giving my opponent a shot on 6 holes, and won 3&2.

Brutal weather conditions I think me and the father in law were the only peeps on the course today wind was between 25 and 40mph and most shots were into the wind very weird so tough today. Started and Finished with doubles. Drove the ball beautifully all day gave my self plenty opportunities but had to settle with an 82.

Managed to get in 9 holes today in scattered snow showers, I need to play more in those conditions I shot one over par 37, two bogeys and one bird.

it wasn't today, but I did shoot 88 on Sunday. My first round under 90 since I changed my grip and stance a couple of months ago. Feeling pretty good all around, and going to the range a couple of times during the week is really starting to pay off.

played 9 holes today shot +2 i really am still struggling getting a feel for the Pelz system on the course. i chunked a TON of them today gotta stop decelerating on my swing. i know thats what causing the problem. just frustrating.

played 9 holes today shot +2 i really am still struggling getting a feel for the Pelz system on the course. i chunked a TON of them today gotta stop decelerating on my swing. i know thats what causing the problem. just frustrating.

Can't complain about struggling during a round and still shooting a +2. Nice work bro!

Can't complain about struggling during a round and still shooting a +2. Nice work bro!

it was a very short course i chunked almost all my pelz shots lots of chips and one putts. just was frustrating.

83 today. Potential for soooo much more though. I hit 12/14 fairways, and 13 GIR, including all of the back nine. The putts got me, and not just that I was missing them, I lipped out 11 times in one round, 11 TIMES!!! Gah

Does give me positive feelings about the future though. My last round was good, this one was spectacular.

Way to go guys! Some great rounds being played.

43/42 for a personal best of 85. Lipped out a few birdie putts and only used my driver on two holes because I get myself in too much trouble with it. If I could ever get my driver sorted out I could play some decent golf.

43/42 for a personal best of 85. Lipped out a few birdie putts and only used my driver on two holes because I get myself in too much trouble with it. If I could ever get my driver sorted out I could play some decent golf.

I'm hear you loud and clear, brotha. Make those birdies, though, and you'll have an 80 (or so)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back