Equipment information from The Masters

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
I know that people in the industry have access to this stuff, but I don't think it's posted every week. However, Golfweek has an article on their site with the club breakdowns for the Masters (http://golfweek.com/news/2013/apr/16/toy-box-scott-proves-clutch-cameron-prototype/)

Here is that data:
Balls: Titleist 52, TaylorMade 12, Callaway 9, Nike 8, Srixon 8, Bridgestone 4

Drivers: TaylorMade 35, Titleist 19, Callaway 10, Nike 8, Cleveland 7, Ping 7

Fairway woods: TaylorMade 43, Titleist 21, Callaway 20, Nike 14, Ping 10

Hybrids: TaylorMade 19, Titleist 15, Adams 14, Ping 9, Callaway 8, Cleveland 7, Royal Collection 4

Irons: Titleist 19, TaylorMade 16, Callaway 11, Nike 10, Ping 10, Cleveland 7

Wedges (sand, lob and approach): Titleist 83, Cleveland 25, TaylorMade 22, Callaway 22, Nike 20, Ping 17, Bridgestone 8

Putters: Odyssey 32, Titleist 20, TaylorMade 13, Ping 10, Nike 8

Shoes: FootJoy 48, Adidas 16, Nike 11, Ecco 6, Puma 4, Callaway 3

Gloves: FootJoy 28, Titleist 19, TaylorMade 13, Nike 9, Callaway 8, Srixon 8

Also, they have the WITB for Tianlang Guan. He would fit right in here on THP with the various brands that he has in his bag:
His gear: TaylorMade R1 driver, Callaway X Hot fairway woods (15 and 17 degree), Callaway X Hot hybrids (20 and 23 degree), Nike VR Pro Combo irons (5, 6) and Nike VR Pro Blade irons (7, 8, 9), Scratch wedges (48, 54 and 60 degree) and an Odyssey White Hot Pro No. 7 Belly putter. He played a Callaway Hex Black Tour ball.

I'm pretty shocked to see so much Nike gear in there, that's very cool to see. I like seeing the Nike stuff

With that WITB, Guan would fit in here at THP nicely.

Bridgestone with only 4 golf balls? Interesting. And Titleist just dominated. Wow.

Makes me wonder who was all playing what.

Surprised to not see Adams as top hybrid also bridgestone with 4 balls surprised me too

I am not a fan of these equipment lists because things are not always what they appear to be. I know some people like them but unless you are going to publish the Darrell Survey and show what is actually in each bag, stuff like this gives an inaccurate description in my opinion.

The Bridgestone balls doesn't surprise me at all actually. I'd like to know how many players who are sponsored by someone who doesn't manufacture a ball don't use the ProV1. All I can think of is I think Furyk uses the HBT.

THPing on Tapatalk

I don't think that list could be accurate, it doesnt list any irons for Bridgestone and we know for a fact that Couples, Kuchar and Snedeker were playing Bridgestone Irons.

Shows who is not afraid to lay out the bucks.

I don't think that list could be accurate, it doesnt list any irons for Bridgestone and we know for a fact that Couples, Kuchar and Snedeker were playing Bridgestone Irons.

The lowest was 7 on the iron list so my guess would be anything 4 or 5 or less isn't included. Like kuchars Betti isn't on there either.

THPing on Tapatalk

I can't see this list being extremely accurate. Sure it's a good overview, but no bstone irons? Only 4 bstone balls? I do believe Kuch had bstone irons

Dan

Edit: TBT beat me to it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Bridgestone balls doesn't surprise me at all actually. I'd like to know how many players who are sponsored by someone who doesn't manufacture a ball don't use the ProV1. All I can think of is I think Furyk uses the HBT.

THPing on Tapatalk

He is sponsored by Callaway though. I'm confused?

I can't see this list being extremely accurate. Sure it's a good overview, but no bstone irons? Only 4 bstone balls? I do believe Kuch had bstone irons

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It's my guess that they didn't show anyone less than say 5. I'm sure there are others besides Bstone that had less than 7 irons in play as well.

THPing on Tapatalk

He is sponsored by Callaway though. I'm confused?

I thought he wasn't sponsored by an OEM at all? Unless that changed this year and I didn't realize it.

THPing on Tapatalk

I thought he wasn't sponsored by an OEM at all? Unless that changed this year and I didn't realize it.

THPing on Tapatalk

He's been with Callaway for a year or so now.

The lowest was 7 on the iron list so my guess would be anything 4 or 5 or less isn't included. Like kuchars Betti isn't on there either.

THPing on Tapatalk

His Betti might not make the list because it's a prototype at this point..at least for another month until they actually release them....just a guess anyway.

I am not a fan of these equipment lists because things are not always what they appear to be. I know some people like them but unless you are going to publish the Darrell Survey and show what is actually in each bag, stuff like this gives an inaccurate description in my opinion.
I 2nd this post

His Betti might not make the list because it's a prototype at this point..at least for another month until they actually release them....just a guess anyway.

The lowest putter number on the list is Nike with 8. I'm sure there's a few putter makers with one or two in play at the masters, they just didn't list them because the number was so low.

THPing on Tapatalk

Lets make it simple. 83 is the putter total on that list. How many golfers played the first two days?

THPing on Tapatalk

Says the top equipment manufacturers in the article. If they only had a 1,2,3 or 4 in play they didn't put it on this list apparently.

Lets make it simple. 83 is the putter total on that list. How many golfers played the first two days?

THPing on Tapatalk

93 players were in the field.

The lowest putter number on the list is Nike with 8. I'm sure there's a few putter makers with one or two in play at the masters, they just didn't list them because the number was so low.

THPing on Tapatalk

This has to be the case because qe know Zach Johnson was rolling the FGP too.

The article states something about the most used, it is not covering all.

Example: I know at least 3 players had Bridgestone irons but they are not mentioned above.

Ball count is 93 so I guess that category is at least all accounted for.

Back