Your favorite feeling in golf?

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've got lots of candidates, but my favorite has to be those rare runs when you've put a bunch of pars together and just for a moment, the game feels easy. Hit a drive in the fairway, a second shot on the green, and two-putts. What's so hard about that?

Second is the feeling of placing that tee in the ground on the first tee in the crisp morning air, with a perfectly manicured course flowing out in front of you. It's a gorgeous setting and you're just overflowing with optimism about the coming round and the joy of being on the course.

So, what is it about golf that makes you think back and say, "Man...that feeling was awesome!"

Pretty simple for me, a flushed 6 iron high and long off a tight fairway. I hardly care where it lands.

There's nothing better then sinking a 25+ foot putt. It's just awesome.

The best feeling that I get is when I am reading the greens well and my putting alignment is solid. It's almost an invincible feeling to know that you're going to drain a lot of putts that day. (Admittedly, I don't have that feeling very often.)

The smell of fresh cut grass when I get to the course for an early round gets me everytime. Playing with THP'rs is #1 on the list however.

That one crazy good shot where your buddies say "Wowww" and you shrug like "No biggie"

Collecting a whopping $6.35 from the playing partners after a round because you "Dominated"

When the beer cart girl smiles at me...

Shanking hands and greeting people of the first tee. Having a good time with friends means more to me than shooting a low score.

lag...I love that feeling. Since learning what it feels like I have been so much more consistent.

Opening the 1st beer on the 1st hole with 3 good friends.

Teeing it up with some friends you have not seen in a while and knowing the day will be great regardless of the scorecard.

ROFL...good point. It does feel good when you think the beer girl is thinking something other than "Man I hope I don't have to serve that creepy old fat guy again..."

The best feeling ever.

It happens with me sometimes when my playing partners are like, "She's your age, Get it!". I end up getting small talk with them and it's actually fun.

The best feeling for me is when you play a hole to perfection. By perfection I mean playing each shot exactly how I wanted to play it.

The smell of fresh cut grass when I get to the course for an early round gets me everytime. Playing with THP'rs is #1 on the list however.
I'd agree with those, THPers first, grass second, draining a birdie putt is a close third!!!

Being the first person to tee off on a gorgeous summer morning. I love breaking the silence with a solid drive long and right down the middle!

That Ping sound when you hit your driver right on the sweet spot, The thwack of a well hit iron shot and that glorious hollow dribbling sound of a putt finding the bottom of the cup....I guess I am a very auditory guy!

There's nothing better then sinking a 25+ foot putt. It's just awesome.

Couldn't agree with you more!

+1 for sinking a long putt!

Close second is hitting a nice wedge shot to a foot from the stick :)

Playing at a golf outing with your peers and nailing the ball off the tee straight with good height and distance.
1. It feels great to see you hit a ball well.
2. The shot looks impressive to watch.
3. You feel good about the drive.
4. Everyone's reaction is priceless, while you act like it was no big deal.
5. The gossip about your golf game (all though the shot will be meaningless of course if you miss a 6 foot putt later on).

Nice thread. Here are some that come to mind:

Playing twilight during the Summer when the course is empty and you're able to keep playing holes until it's too dark to see.

Hitting the ball flush and watching it take off, usually with an effortless swing.

Getting the exact ball flight you wanted on a shot.

When you and your friend(s) aren't playing so hot and the cart girl comes around and everyone nearly runs over to get 2 beers a piece, then instantly start playing better for some reason.

The drive to the course. Everything to look forward to.

The past several months the best feeling in golf is finishing my round without a double bogie or worse on the card :golf3:.

Another one is having a bunch of THP'ers come to your home course, for a day of golf and everyone have a blast :thumb:

The feeling after playing a hole and hitting the shots exactly how and where you wanted to hit them and making a birdie or eagle. The rare perfect hole.

Being the first person to tee off on a gorgeous summer morning. I love breaking the silence with a solid drive long and right down the middle!

This ^

Hitting your best shot of the day when playing through a big group. "Wanna hit mine for me"? Lol

Hitting any shot good.
Making any putt.
Being with my family.
Getting fresh air and exercise.
Accomplishing goals.
Finding golf balls and when no one's on the driving range.

Back