Started the Blu E-Cig. to quit smoking

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
Stopped by the local shop and picked up a Blu brand E-cigarette to help me quit smoking / at least quit real cigarettes as a minimum.
I am a 1.5 pack a day smoker for 30 years and since 9:30am I have had one real cigarette and the rest has been electronic.
So far so good and the cravings are very mild, just hope it will do the trick.

I really didn't think this would work but now I am very optimistic about my chances for the first time, in a very long time.
I know 11 hours doesn't seem long to a non-smoker but it's a start.

Any progress is progress when you're trying to kick the habit. It's a lot better than the alternative!

At least you decided to quit before some health issue made you quit. My dad was a heavy smoker before I was born and he woke my mom up in the middle of the night one time and told her she had to take him to the ER because he was having a heart attack. Mom was 5 or 6 months pregnant with me at the time too. Dad hasn't touched one since. Said even with that motivation it was still hard for him to give up, so I wish you the best of luck!

My wife has been an e-cig smoker for over 6 months now and hasn't had a real cigarette in that time. I don't know how long she will continue with the e-cigs but I am not very concerned about that as much as I am thankful that she no longer smokes cigarettes. Hang in there Hotled, I know you will make it.

Best of luck, its a heck of a habit to kick !

Good luck! I gave up chew a month ago, been chewing the gum and it is hard! 11 hours is amazing. Especially from a pack and a half a day...

Best of luck, I am a huge fan of the e-cigs. The thing I have found that helps, it just refuse to buy cigarettes.

Good on you! That's a major step forward in your life.

Ironically, my friends purchase the non-nicotine e-cigarettes that are flavoured with mocha or something to puff on when they're sloshed to be funny...

Stopped by the local shop and picked up a Blu brand E-cigarette to help me quit smoking / at least quit real cigarettes as a minimum.
I am a 1.5 pack a day smoker for 30 years and since 9:30am I have had one real cigarette and the rest has been electronic.

I really didn't think this would work but now I am very optimistic about my chances for the first time, in a very long time.

more importantly, KUDOS for your efforts. We're all here to support you if you need it!

Good luck man!! You can do it, no doubt about it. Stay strong.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Congrats on taking the first step to kicking the habit! I have many friends on the e-cig, and they all swear by it.

Dan

Jacqui has been using the e-sig (same brand) since New Year's Day.

She switched to the non-nicotine cartridges in February. You have to order online, any of the cartridges other than the high nicotine type.

Its a fantastic start! Well done you.

I applaud your effort.

Almost 24 hours. Haven't had my morning smoke with my coffee yet, this part is going to be a little tougher lol.
The e-cig is helping allot though.

I thank you all for your support, it does mean allot.

Awesome dude! Glad to see you trying to kick the habit

Keep it up Hotled. I just picked up a disposable Vjoy and like it. Closest feeling thing to a cigarette I have found. I just can't kick my habit on the course

Two years for me this month. It's the only thing that actually worked for me. Had smoked since I was a young teenager unfortunately. It's difficult at first, even with the e-cig. My advice is to keep your old habits going in the short term. If you woke up and let the dogs out while having a smoke, take your e-cig. Same goes for something like a work break. It'll make you feel a little better at first. The first two days were the hardest, but it went away very quickly.

Also, make sure you have spare parts or can get them quickly. Running out is a bad option if you are trying to quit.

If you have questions about e-cigs in general - other brands for example - shoot me a pm.

Thanks Hawk will do. So far it hasn't been to bad and I have been following my normal routine this morning,coffee and let the dog out and used the Blu.

It was either this e-cig or a new hybrid, now that was a tough choice!

It'll start tasting dry, you'll see less vapor, and maybe even a little burnt taste. I buy blank cartridges and fill them myself, which will save you money in the long run. I don't know if that's an option with Blu though.

Good stuff Hotled. I gave up dipping back in early January, and an e-cig was the way to go.

It really helps to quick the habit, Especially when you get in to the flavored juices and what not from online places.

Good luck Hotled! Anything to help you quit is a step in the right direction.

Had 2 weak moments yesterday:( For some reason around 4 pm I just couldn't break the craving, and then one right before bed around 11:15.
Still allot better than a pack or more a day, but still striving to throw the real ones away all together.

It happens HL. Just keep focused on it. See if you can make it 15 minutes. If you make it that far, try for another 15 minutes. Pretty soon it'll be tomorrow :D The first few days suck!

Hotled, I've had days when there is nothing that can get my mind off having a dip. Imo, that's where the flavored en juices come in, for sure.

Really helps me take my mind off the craving.

Well, I haven't had a real cigarette since my last post. I didn't quite expect the following things I have noticed:
  • That I can now smell a cigarette smoker 100 feet away
  • I noticed how bad clothes stink from smoking
  • I now have more free time since I don't have to go outside to have a smoke every 20 minutes
  • My wind is actually already improving-rode stationary bike 10 miles after working 12 hours last night
  • I need to clean my car because it smells horrid from smoke
  • Food and drinks are starting to change in taste
  • No more stuffy nose or sinus for the last 24 hours

Now on another note my wife tossed in some incentives: She said if I can quit smoking for 2 months and 100% feel that I am over cigarettes I am a cleared to get any set of irons I would like to have, and since we are saving money I can afford to play golf 2 weekends a month.

My dilemma: What freakin irons I want because that is my goal!
I want a thin top line iron- the burners seem to thick for my liking after hitting my Hogan blades recently, but I want the forgiveness of a cavity back or at least as much as possible.
I have been looking online at the Wilson Ci11 and FG Tourv2, they look sweet , what others do you all like?

Back