The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always gotta grease it up. Stuff can get wrecked if you dont.

I should add it's the job I'm working on, not my stuff personally.

But it's annoying, it's so simple to grease and inspect it

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Came home from lunch to find my closet ceiling leaking. All of my suits and dress clothes are drenched. Our area was hit with a terrible thunderstorm with a tornado landing 2 miles from my place.
Now that is terrible. That suxs man.

a9ude7e9.jpg

I am seeing WAY TOO MANY pictures of boxes instead of what's INSIDE the boxes.

A guy can't even talk to a female nowadays without some jackass spreading stupid stories about "guess who's doing (this and that) together". Are we in 9th grade again?

Why did Nate post that in the rant thread?

A guy can't even talk to a female nowadays without some jackass spreading stupid stories about "guess who's doing (this and that) together". Are we in 9th grade again?

Try being just friends with girls.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Sorry about that, I thought you'd want the extra publicity, being new here and all.

The Official Rant of the Day

I need these next 7 days to go by fast. The amount of work I've had this past week has been mind-blowing and it is going to continue until finals are over.

If you are in high school and think you have a lot of work or the work is hard, then DO NOT go to college to be a mechanical engineer.

Sorry about that, I thought you'd want the extra publicity, being new here and all.

Thanks bud! Since you put it that way!

But seriously, I run into one of my soldiers after work hours at Best Buy. I talk to her for a minute to ask her how her studying is going for the promotion board. After we're done she gives me one of those "thanks for caring" bubbly little girl arm hugs (where she uses one of her arms to hug one of my arms). Seriously lasted for every bit of .5 seconds.

I admit it made me feel proud that my soldiers appreciate what I do for them, but I still told her "get the hell out of here" just to maintain my hard-ass facade.

Of course god knows who saw this and goes spouting their mouth off to one of my other soldiers that they saw us walking around inside the mall together (we were outside in front of Best Buy), talking and walking around (we weren't walking anywhere), and holding hands (SERIOUSLY?!?!).

Oh man. I'm gonna tear somebody's world apart when I find out who it was!!!

Well, I had x-rays taken today of my knee replacement from 2007. My knee started to act up a couple of weeks ago. It gradually got worse and worse to where I can barely bend the d*mn thing!! The tech couldn't tell me 'officially' that it was bad, but she did say that she was glad I had my appointment with my ortho surgeon on Tues. I guess that means I'm looking at major surgery again!! Just when spring was coming to northern NJ!!! I'll be out probably 4-6 weeks minimum! NOT a happy camper. At least the whole summer won't be lost.

Thanks bud! Since you put it that way!

But seriously, I run into one of my soldiers after work hours at Best Buy. I talk to her for a minute to ask her how her studying is going for the promotion board. After we're done she gives me one of those "thanks for caring" bubbly little girl arm hugs (where she uses one of her arms to hug one of my arms). Seriously lasted for every bit of .5 seconds.

I admit it made me feel proud that my soldiers appreciate what I do for them, but I still told her "get the hell out of here" just to maintain my hard-ass facade.

Of course god knows who saw this and goes spouting their mouth off to one of my other soldiers that they saw us walking around inside the mall together (we were outside in front of Best Buy), talking and walking around (we weren't walking anywhere), and holding hands (SERIOUSLY?!?!).

Oh man. I'm gonna tear somebody's world apart when I find out who it was!!!

I've never heard of such a hug, it sounds weird.

But it also sounds like a good excuse to smoke some people. :) smoke em!

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I need these next 7 days to go by fast. The amount of work I've had this past week has been mind-blowing and it is going to continue until finals are over.

If you are in high school and think you have a lot of work or the work is hard, then DO NOT go to college to be a mechanical engineer.

You are an extremely bright young man. You will get through this and be better because of it.

You are an extremely bright young man. You will get through this and be better because of it.

Thanks. It's just a lot of work. Almost done though. Especially motivated to work with the AC Invitational at the end of it all.

Wait until you're in grad school and working a full time job! Haha. I feel your pain, buddy. Like others said, you'll power through this.

I've never heard of such a hug, it sounds weird.

But it also sounds like a good excuse to smoke some people. :) smoke em!

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Yeah. I know. Sounds weird...hard to explain. I just tried picturing what I explained in my own head and it didn't quite come out the same.

You know. Hmmmm... Kinda like when someone loops their arm through the other persons and then leans the one shoulder of that one arm up against the others shoulder. Not a full on hug...it's a partial. I feel like a moron trying to explain this... I quit! :act-up:

Steel hit that nail on the head. You thought school for engineering was hard and time consuming, wait til you get a job! It's much better though with a job because you are getting paid and hopefully you will enjoy the challenges it presents. Never would have though in a million years I would work until 5, go home and eat, come back from 9:30 to 1:00am, go home and sleep till 6:30, and do it all over again. But I wouldn't change it because I enjoy it so I can't complain.

Steel hit that nail on the head. You thought school for engineering was hard and time consuming, wait til you get a job! It's much better though with a job because you are getting paid and hopefully you will enjoy the challenges it presents. Never would have though in a million years I would work until 5, go home and eat, come back from 9:30 to 1:00am, go home and sleep till 6:30, and do it all over again. But I wouldn't change it because I enjoy it so I can't complain.

Bolded for awfulness. I can't see how you can stay focused when you're running on 5 hours of sleep or so every day. I'd punch someone.

And that's the important part! School is a grind, for sure, but I enjoy my job. Makes it a wholeeeee lot easier to handle the burden of a loaded schedule. I even enjoy my classes..just not so much the time commitment.

Yeah. I know. Sounds weird...hard to explain. I just tried picturing what I explained in my own head and it didn't quite come out the same.

You know. Hmmmm... Kinda like when someone loops their arm through the other persons and then leans the one shoulder of that one arm up against the others shoulder. Not a full on hug...it's a partial. I feel like a moron trying to explain this... I quit! :act-up:

I think I know now, definitely hard to explain.

Smoke em!

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back