Bettinardi Putter Thread

Dang...saw this thread pop up and thought somebody got their Morgan Cup putter!

Queen Bees are not copper they are Carbon Steel with a Cashmere PVD Finish. FYI, i like white grips but they get so dirty, better grab some gripes to keep it clean!
Gripes would be super key with a white grip!

I love looking through this thread and the pictures of these beautiful putters.

I love looking through this thread and the pictures of these beautiful putters.
This has to be one of my favorites:
DSC00272.jpg

Dont let Buck see this..
null_zpsdb6fc612.jpg

I bought a project recently.

I stumbled into a Bettinardi Mercedes for very cheap. My first thought was whether I really wanted to start a putter collection. I have two little girls to get through college after all...

Second thought was if course I do. My grandfather had Mercedes in the 60s when they were uncommon, funny looking cars with weird beepy horns. He loved the way they drove and the supportive seats. He was a salesman that drove around a lot.

I was a kid and loved the hood ornament and the way the drivers would beep and wave at each other when they'd chance into another. And the speedometer...that was the greatest thing of all. It was a vertical column like a thermometer with speeds along the sides. The indicator would rise up the column, yellow at first, then as speed rose yellow and red striped then eventually all red.

He had two before having to trade the last in for a wagon when he bought an apartment house in Wildwood. Never had one again. They got expensive in the 70s.

I've had a soft spot for Mercedes ever since that had nothing to do with their status. I wanted to buy him one some day, but he passed before I was able.

My wife drives one now and soon I'll be putting with one.

So, I researched the m-b Bettis and found that they aren't valuable since they were made as giveaways for m-b buyers, but that they were excellent putters otherwise.

So I bought it...for $50. How could I not. It needs restoration, so now I have to decide what to do with it. Something I can relate to my sentiment for Mercedes. Haven't decided yet. In the meantime, here are pics of one tired, not so special Betti that is about to be made special and my first "collectible" putter.

2ymahy9y.jpg

uja5u4u7.jpg

a5uda5av.jpg

3ajuta4a.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367369092.770774.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367369092.770774.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367369106.151411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367369106.151411.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 0
That looks like it will be a fun project dude. Can't wait to see the finished result

Speed, never seen one of those before. Pretty cool putter and I can't wait to see the final result of your project.

Watched this yesterday. Such an awesome inside look at a top notch company.

I almost bought a Betti when I finally got my Scotty Select NPB 2
It came down to the Scotty and a Betti when I was testing new putters in a pro shop
Shop had a putting green, I rolled 10 Bettis from 10 feet indoor and made only 4, pushing the other 6
The Scotty rolled in all 10
Before I rolled those 10 putts, I had the Betti ahead of the Scotty
So for my eye, the Scotty just aligned better
Both roll it though
I used Ping from early 80's to this year
The old Zing for like 15 years
Then an iB60 for years
Betti's sure look pretty tho
I wish it was 10/10 like the Scotty in that test
LOL
But my eye just couldn't align right to it for some reason

My putter stroke is off to a good start this year, looking forward to getting my new Betti in my hands and watching more putts roll into the cup!

Back