Where Did You Play Today?

My home course...Grand Oaks golf course in Grand Prairie, TX.

The Golf Club of Dallas. Nice track and the original home of the Byron Nelson Tournament.

Legendary Run for the Ohio Outing. Absolutely gorgeous course and beautiful homes all over the course.

My "home"-ish course, Bent Tree Country Club in Sarasota, FL.

Sweetbriar Legacy in Avon Lake, Ohio. I love that place and play there as much as I can. One of my favorite public courses

Tapa Slice

Maple Bluff. Greens still need a little warm air, but it's growing in pretty good.

Played Rock Creek Golf Club in Gordonville, Texas for the first time yesterday. Jack Nicklaus private design, beautiful beautiful course, and challenging beyond belief.

Played my goat track home course Frog Rock today.

I forgot to post this the other day but I played Furman University Golf Course on Tuesday. It was in pretty good condition and a fantastic setup. The greens were Bermuda and they rolled really well, quick too.

http://furmangolfclub.com/?nomobile=1

Quick update. Played brickshire in Va, royal new kent, stonehouse, fords colony- black health, and Williamsburg national- Yorktown.

All within the last 4 days

Nansemond River golf club. Great course if a little long for me right now. Some real nice views on the water. Still recovering just a but from winter but should be awesome in a few weeks.

Played at my local in dunfermline in the kingdom of fife ScotlandScotland

Golf trip!!

Yes sir. It was a great warm up for AF next weekend. Always great to get the guys together for a golf trip. Just so tired now

I played at Tadashi's home course yesterday, the North Shore golf course in SE Orlando. I was looking for a quality course at a low price, which is tough to do in Orlando on a Saturday morning, I turned to Freddie for advice and he didn't steer me wrong, what a fun course. It's a Mike Dasher design, and he is quickly moved to the top of my list of underrated architects. He has a great ability to design a golf course that requires a good amount of strategy and shotmaking, without being penal to the point that it takes some of the fun out of it. The front side is somewhat open, but still make you play to a certain side of the hole to take advantage of scoring opportunities The backside is much tighter, and really makes you think about your 2nd shot before hitting your tee shot.

http://www.golfatnorthshore.com/course-information/course-touryardage-book

I will be playing here on Friday - Owston Hall

Paying £35 (I think) for coffee and bacon sandwich on arrival, 18 holes of golf, followed by steak pie and chips after

If the weather is nice I will try and get some pics on my phone and post them here at the weekend

This past Saturday I played the Plantation Course at Edisto Island, SC. Really enjoyed this course, would love to play it again.

Last edited:
I played Goose Creek yesterday, it is out in Leesburg, VA which was about a 35 minute drive from me in Annandale, VA. It was a nice course especially for the 46 bucks I paid with a cart on a weekend. Definitely a hackers course but I was told by my GolfTec coach and people at the course that Ben Hogan holds the course record there with a 59. Not sure I believe it but a cool story. Apparently it used to be a private club but then went public years back.

http://www.goosecreekgolf.com/layout9.asp?id=117&page=1456

Played Crooked Oak Golf Club in Colquitt, GA Saturday. Its got to be one of the nicest muni courses I've played. The greens were a little dry since they're setting them up to be punched, and they were super fast. Everything else was in pretty much superb condition. It wasn't crowded at all and we barely saw anyone after the third hole. Had a decent front nine then had a terrible three hole stretch on the back that frustrated me a little bit. My game is definitely getting back to where it should be, and my misses were left instead of right, so that's a small victory in my mind.

Finished work early today thanks to a great deal for Mission Inn - El Campeon course. I was one of maybe a total of 10 on the course.

Finished work early today thanks to a great deal for Mission Inn - El Campeon course. I was one of maybe a total of 10 on the course.

Awesome course isn't it?

Back