2013 Ohio THP Invitational Recap & Picture Thread

Looks like a great time was had but a bunch of ugly dudes (and Tyno) :laughing:

Congrats to Bullfrog and Zenger, clearly Jesse was nothing but a boat anchor to Zenger down in Dallas, poor guy would be sitting 2 for 2 right now. HA!!

Jrod, your beard probably came in a close 2nd all by itself, that thing is MONEY!!!

Mikedean looks hungry, someone feed him!

Lets just hope the ballstriking gets better. Let me know if youre up for a day trip to Madison during that week. Id love to show you around my town and theres some great courses in Madtown.

We will definitely let you know. When you are all set, you know the drill. Just sign up with GolferGal for IL. Cant wait.

Congrats to Bullfrog and Zenger, clearly Jesse was nothing but a boat anchor to Zenger down in Dallas, poor guy would be sitting 2 for 2 right now. HA!!

Jrod, your beard probably came in a close 2nd all by itself, that thing is MONEY!!!

Haha thanks dude.

If you guys thought my shorts were too much, just wait until the outing in May. There will be tons more and much louder ones there. We don't get many chances to wear cotton blend shorts comfortably, so it was a no brainer.

Fun event as always, felt bad for MD and the THP crew as the greens being punched were out of their control. Big thanks to Cleveland & MD too, great value with the lunch, beer, sleeve of QStars, hat, range balls, green fees, cart fees, etc included in our $69. That course runs $55 on weekends by itself.

Like always, first timers and vets mixed in beautifully. My favorite part of each event is meeting other members for the first time, especially those first time event attendees. I hope we made it worth your while and you attend more in the future. Really appreciate the chance to have an event in our part of the country and glad we represented very well.

Last edited:
By the way I do not recommend speeding(90+) between Nashville & Jackson. My trip home cost more than the outing!!! :(

Awesome stuff guys. Sounds like you had a blast while winning (not surprising at a THP event). What did you guys shoot?

Zenger said 80, so BUllfrog must have had 89. 169 total. We(jayholl) shot 178(90-88).

Yeah, that was one of the few good shots I hit that day. Much have been the Precept Lady iQ ball.
Im planning on attending the IL event. Im off that week anyways and its only 6 hours away. No reason not to go.

Excellent! See you there!

Phil -- glad you made it back safely.

I just skimmed through all of the videos. Seriously jealous of several swings. Stupid jerks with good balance fill up this place.

Zenger -- Do you look away from the ball during your swing? I watched your video a couple times and was more amazed each time.

I've had a bunch of people ask me that before lol
In fact I'm not sure I focus on the ball that much at all.

My swing is so terrible looking. First time really seeing it, didn't realize how far past parallel I went either.

Not having the belly in the way helps hit bombs...doesn't help a crappy iron swing though

This was a great outing. I am so glad I signed up and got over my kidney stones in time to make the trip. I got to play with "Party organizer" Mike Dean. Deano is a great guy. What a pleasure to play with. We have played together multiple times now. If you need a partner anytime, I'm in. Sorry, I didn't light it up. One of these outings, I will get it going. Still nice to tie for 2nd. I love what you have done with your swing. Congratulations on the weight loss. Congratulations, early, on the new baby. :D

TNolan, great to meet you and get to play with you. I love the way you put the last shot away right away. It really showed on 17. missed your second shot and then stuck the next one. You did that several times during the round. Pretty impressive this early in the year. You are just a pleasure to play with. I can't wait to tee it up with you again.

Gaijin_Golfer, what a nice guy. Nice to meet you. You rounded out the group nicely. Thanks for taking the time to chat with me in between shots. It always amazes me what a great bunch of people have come together here. I loved that you and I both finished with solid par saving putts. Nicely done.

It was great to see everyone I already knew and make new friends. Mike and Dan, thank you so much for organizing this. Good work and great to see my Ohio brothers. JB and GG, thank you for your continued dedication to this dream. We are all better for it.

Finally, congratulations to Zenger and Bullfrog for running away with the title. Well done!

Great recap Phil, we left a few out there but had some laughs in the process. Will tee it up with you any time.

Looks and sounds amazing guys. Glad to hear everyone had fun out there.

Yeah, that was one of the few good shots I hit that day. Much have been the Precept Lady iQ ball.
Im planning on attending the IL event. Im off that week anyways and its only 6 hours away. No reason not to go.

Love to hear this! If you are considering coming in early I think there will a group of us playing Friday as well. Probably a different course in the Chi area. Let me know if you have any questions on lodging or the area in general.

Great pics, great videos, thanks Benji, and of course GREAT THP HAPPENINGS , the more I go to them the more fun they become, again congrats Bullfrog and Zenger, thank you Cleveland Golf and Srixon for all the goodies and prizes. Thanks to everyone who came to this get together, making new friends every time, and JB and Golfergal , thanks for this web site that never fails to amaze me with all the good times and great things

Love reading all the recaps. I just got home a little while ago and I am still buzzing about the weekend. What another wonderful outing in Ohio and had a great time.

Had a good time playing with Brock yesterday even though we struggled most of the day. Always good to play with you man and keep plugging along and get that chipping game in gear and you will be shooting lights out.

Also had a good time sharing the course with Playdough and Hereiswhynow (I think that's it, I can't remember. Haha). Playdough is always a good dude to golf with with his smooth swing and awesome short game. I think we both left quite a bit out there but we got to talk a lot of shop and it was awesome. Ryan, it was great to meet you and you have some great potential. You had some amazing shots out there and it was fun to see you play a little better as the day went on. Still the shot of the day on 18 when you put that drive over your head. Haha. Thanks guys for a great round of golf!

Dinner was an awesome time as well getting to chat with everyone and enjoy a night of some brews and good times.

Also another big thanks to GG, JB, Canadan and Mikey for organizing and giving us another great event. Also thanks to Cleveland for sponsoring and sending us away with some great swag. Looking forward to playing again with all my THP buddies!

Oh yeah, congrats to Zenger and Bullfrog I guess. I think they were the only ones out there playing golf. Haha. Good playing fellas, well deserved.

Robman, it great meeting and playing with you, dude. No way in hell I could've ever gotten mad for you not having your A game. First, I didn't have mine. Second, you have 3rd degree burns on your wrist and you were trying to play golf. Third, you were too much fun to ride around with. Normally I would've been furious with how poorly I played (especially the shots I wasted from 70 yards and in), but you kept things cool and calm. All around I thought you were a great guy with a great attitude. We will def get another round in again soon somewhere in Ohio.

Wade, it was a hell of a time playing with you buddy. Happy to have met ya, and I'd love to make it down to Nashville sometime and do it again. You do some good work with that XHot driver, I would have traded drives you with many times. Shared a couple of laughs with ya and really enjoyed it, namely when I drilled that house and it banked me back into play haha. That was planned, by the way. Don't forget, the next THP event we are at, if you go to buy a lottery ticket let me do it for ya.

Jerry (Bear4ever), great guy with a great game. Hell, without you I never would've found half of my tee balls...half is a lie, more like 80% of them. Even before I asked what your 'cap was after the round, I knew you had game. Like I said, "you can just tell." Solid player all around, solid guy all around. Consistent as hell...just a couple of tough holes snuck up and bit him. Appreciated the talk after the round on what seemed most rusty in my swing, I plan on working on it here in the coming days to try to get it worked out. That call out paired with dance's video where I see my abbreviated rotation and backswing and I think I'll be back on track in no time. I'll kick you a video once the rust is off and we can see if I can get that position at impact in the pic you showed me. If I am ever down your way, expect a PM. Same goes to you if you ever find yourself in Central Ohio.

Everyone else, great meeting you. I met a bunch at the beginning on the range, didn't remember a single name, and had to take off soon after. JB and GG, thanks for ruining my hot chipping streak when you were there to watch us and take pictures on hole 6 (??). More importantly, thanks for doing things like this that make this place great, I appreciate it and it's obvious that everyone else does as well. I had a blast and I will def be back for more.

Mike and Dan, thanks for the coordination. Well done. Dan I owe you a burrito from Chipotle for your efforts (I actually stopped there on my way home), and mike, I dunno what you like but I did chutt one in from the fairway yesterday, so that should be enough I guess.

Sounds like everybody had a great time. Congrats to the new Hall of Famers! I haven't seen anything on who won the closest to the pin yet.

Sadly there was no closest to the pin. It was our fault and will be made up for.

Congrats to Zenger and Bullfrog, that's awesome.

Looks like an amazing time had by all, what a sweet invitational for sure!

Sadly there was no closest to the pin. It was our fault and will be made up for.

hah, I bet that 19th hole would have been perfect for it, with the exception that every pairing ranged from 12-40 balls off that tee box hahaha!

I know I've said it like 2 or 3 times now, but I cannot say it enough...

Thank you to Josh and Morgan for even making this possible. Finally meeting you guys and getting to know you a bit has only made my appreciation for you and the site and all that you guys do grow even more!

Big thanks to Mike and Dan for setting up the venue and all the behind the scenes stuff. I know there was some complaints about the greens but over all I thought this course was absolutely gorgeous. The landscape and some of the houses that you got to see made it worth it!

Thanks to Ryan and Dave and Allan for the Friday round! I had a lot of fun playing with you guys and getting to know the course we were all in the same boat except for Ryan who was giving us some pointers while playing. I would absolutely love to golf with you fellas again.

Thank you to Benji, Jim, and big thanks to my partner Rustin! Couldn't have asked for a better foursome! It was a pleasure playing with you gentleman! I would gladly tee it up with you guys anytime! Thanks for putting up with me hacking it up all day.

As for everyone else that was there thank you for the company and the camaraderie! This was the first of many many THP events for me I couldn't have asked for a better time!

Recap is coming tomorrow from me. Too much good stuff to do it quickly tonight. Thanks OH for a great weekend!

I'm sure I'm skimming and don't mean to interrupt the recaps but did everyone play the same tees this weekend? I know back in MB it was whatever you were comfortable with.

All you needed for the punched greens, was a Odyssey #7 Tuxedo.

I'm sure I'm skimming and don't mean to interrupt the recaps but did everyone play the same tees this weekend? I know back in MB it was whatever you were comfortable with.

Tees were defined and everyone played the same ones.

Fantastic pics and recaps everyone! Sounds like you guys had an amazing time even though some people didn't play great.

Back