The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got my fingers crossed now - had an email this morning to say I have got an interview for a job I applied for about a month ago

Same pay band as I am currently on, but 10mins from home across town rather than 45mins/30 miles away so would be a nice saving on fuel costs if nothing else

An update from this interview I had on Friday - I have just had a phonecall to say I didn't get the job, but I knew after the interview there were 2 things that would potentially stop me, one was experience in a certain area (which is a problem as you can't get a job without experience, but you can't get the experience without a job scenario.....) and the other was a bit of a mistake from me when I had a blank mind moment after a question

It would seem that it was the blank mind moment that cost me, which is annoying as I knew a couple of the people on the interview panel and when he rang me he said he knew I knew the answer and wanted to kick me under the table, but it is one of those things I guess

Bit disappointed, but I do still have a job, and we had an email on Friday to say we are all staying in the current office rather than moving further away to another site so I will keep looking

Although disappointed, I am still pleased with how the rest of the interview went and as long as I can keep the stupid blank moments away then I have proved I can still handle the interview pressures and something will come along that I walk through

Bummer, but you're looking at it the right way. You learned something and got a little more interview experience under your belt for next time. Hate that blank feeling!

Bummer, but you're looking at it the right way. You learned something and got a little more interview experience under your belt for next time. Hate that blank feeling!

Yeah, it is annoying when that happens.....just rusty when it comes to interviews as apart from one about a month ago it had been a while since I last had one

Finally back to work after a week and a half off. Some of you know I had a baby girl on 4/23. it has been very crazy. The story behind all of it is pretty nuts. We went through the ringer to get her. But she is here. Mom and baby are very healthy. I havent slept for shat. I really wanted to say thank you to the people who sent me congrats texts, pms, and facebook messages. Its always nice to know that you are on someones mind once in a while.

Anyway....I will post a pic of her right after I post this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367247461386.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367247461386.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367247475327.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367247475327.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
Finally back to work after a week and a half off. Some of you know I had a baby girl on 4/23. it has been very crazy. The story behind all of it is pretty nuts. We went through the ringer to get her. But she is here. Mom and baby are very healthy. I havent slept for shat. I really wanted to say thank you to the people who sent me congrats texts, pms, and facebook messages. Its always nice to know that you are on someones mind once in a while.

Congrats buddy!

Congrats One-T! Love to see all that dark hair. Beautiful little girl buddy.

Glad things are going well buddy. Was waiting to for the HHJJ post. How is Crew doing with her?

I figured things weren't too bad because I didn't get a panicked text from you with tons of questions. ;-)

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Congratulations.

Congrats, glad to hear everyone is doing well

If you think you haven't slept, be prepared for it for quite some time :D

Glad things are going well buddy. Was waiting to for the HHJJ post. How is Crew doing with her?
he is doing really well with her, for a 16 month old. he tries to hold her and he kisses her all the time. But...he also throws balls at her.
I figured things weren't too bad because I didn't get a panicked text from you with tons of questions. ;-)

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Congratulations.
haha. thanks buddy!!! it is SO much easier the 2nd time a round. But, having a 16 month old and a newborn is crazy!

Hahaha thats awesome! So happy for you guys.

She's beautiful buddy, start oiling up that shotgun, there will come a time to have it around, haha. Super good to hear her and mom are doing well.

She's beautiful buddy, start oiling up that shotgun, there will come a time to have it around, haha. Super good to hear her and mom are doing well.
Thanks buddy. I am already worried about. I guess I need to buy a shotgun to oil it up

Congratulations one-t

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Wow, that's a lot of hair! Congrats again!

As of today I am two short of the goal I had to get a nice bonus. But since my accounts got the guy I am working under his much bigger bonus, he said he'd give it to me anyway. But I am still trying to get two more before tomorrow ends.

Congratulations!! So glad everything is ok and mom and baby are doing well. It's been so crazy with or traveling but I have been thinking about you all and I am so thrilled to hear things are good! : )

Snared a $13K order from a major competitor today. I didn't have to cut it nearly as close as I thought I would, they sent in a PO based on the budget & I always add wiggle room there. The great thing is I have no labor involved, just start up equipment so I know there aren't going to be any surprises or hour overages.

Came home to home cooking. Wife is frying cubed steak, making mashed potatoes, brown gravy & corn bread. That girl broke out the apron, Crisco grease & a frying pan. She wants something but if she keeps this up, she can have it.

I am going to bind four policies today. By FAR my biggest day, and gets me past the goal I had to have to get a big bonus. The guy I am working under said he was going to give it to me anyway, as he wouldn't have gotten his bigger bonus without mine, but I wanted to do it on my own.

Awesome Smalls! I didn't think you would get there when you posted it a week or so ago, but congrats!

Congrats Smalls, enjoy the extra cash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back