How many prefer walking over riding?

TheNameka

Reaction score
Handicap
I am curious how many members her prefer to walk over riding a golf cart. I have personally only ever walked while playing golf unless in a captain and crew tournament. Anyone else feel as though it takes away from the experience when you ride a cart?

I dont think it takes away from the experience at all, but I dont mind walking. It is very good exercise

I would love to walk more than I do. I guess I have just gotten lazy about it. I would absolutely love to have a caddy just once. I think that's the ultimate walking experience

Tapa Slice

I think it's a different experience, but I wouldn't say it 'takes away from it' really..

Also, I'd prefer to walk 9 times out of 10.

I like to walk more since it costs less. The exercise is good for me too. Should probably walk about 72 holes a day with this beer gut.

I like to walk unless the course is super hilly or has a ton of distance between holes.

I love walking. Makes me feel better with the exercise, plus I think you absorb the course and its dynamics better. Just an opinion, but I really enjoy walking and the push cart makes all the difference in the world. No caddie required!

I walk 95% of the time. I enjoy the exercise and it relaxes me. I also find that I play more consistent golf when I walk - less getting up to the ball just to wait.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I don't use carts even in the height of summer here in the UK, got my motorised trolley that's all that's needed :thumb:

I prefer walking. That's because a) it's my exercise b) it's cheaper. If we're not in the trees, it's about the same time to play a round.
Riding doesn't "take away" for me, because I don't do it all the time, I usually save it for courses which will destroy my knees or scrambles...where the cart actually enhances it, because you can gather up balls quickly or send someone ahead to see if anyone cuts the corner safely / can try the hero ball safely.

I play way better when I walk. I really hate riding when it is cart path only and have to walk across the fairway and you don't have the club you need.

I don't. I ride. I'd probably be better off walking, but I still ride.

I don't think that riding takes anything away from the round, but I do enjoy walking.

I prefer walking on the courses that I usually play because taking a cart is an extra fee, and it's more relaxing for me to walk the courses. It makes me more patient and gives me more time to think between shots. I will ride in a cart when the courses make that mandatory or include it in the green fee, or when a course is extremely hilly or has long distances between greens and tees.

I always walk unless it is so hot that walking might be health risk

I walk. It's better for you and it's more fun that way for me. I really don't like playing with carts.

I walk most of the time, except charity tournaments and when playing with the old guys on the weekends (but that will change soon as I'm going to get a clic gear cart!!)

I love to walk.

BUT, I also play courses CONDUCIVE to walking, some places it would be crazy to walk.

I prefer walking. My concentration is better and I like the exercise. If it's a very hot day and the course is hilly I will ride.

Like to walk in spring/fall

no thanks to walking in the summer

I enjoy both, I do find I play a bit better when walking, but I enjoy the social aspect of riding in a cart.

I walk 100% of the time that walking is an option. In fact, I can't think of a place that I wouldn't walk. It's just way more relaxing and fun for me.

I would prefer to walk...but...

All the courses here are very hilly...very very hilly...which smokes my lower back.

I hate to be the only walker on the course and if I do walk I end up being the only guy out that isn't riding...and I know damn well I'm playing as fast as the riders sharing a cart but they still act annoyed that somebody is out walking.

The main reason I always use a cart anymore is that I can play so much more golf in a given period of time than when walking. I can play 2 ball scramble with myself (which means double the shots) or play from 2 different sets of tees in a round, or experiment with different ways to hit a shot from a given location and quickly retrieve extra balls. If I am in a cart and run into a logjam I can easily skip ahead a couple holes then come back to the ones I skipped without wasting much time. On days that I play one ball and play it down and record a score I can knock out 18 holes in under 2 hours easily with a cart, which leaves time for another loop before I load up and go home.

I enjoy walking and prefer it but I've found myself riding more lately.

I just feel as though I am never as at one with the game while in the cart. You're talking and BSing when in a cart. Not paying attention to the wind, I usually forget to check my lie, tons of things.

Back