12 Year Old - Horrible Headline

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ESPN. How horrible is this. Never mind that this young man became the youngest to compete in a Euro Tour Event. Never mind that he broke 80. This is what the headline is. Absolutely shameful.

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-02%20at%208.58.24%20AM.png

Another example of how great "Journalism" is today. ESPN has ruined Sports Media.

That is shameful. A 79 at a professional tournament for a TWELVE year old is an amazing feat.

Will we get a comparable Bill Haas headline from ESPN?

What a bunch of idiots.

How can 12 year old fail to impress? I get that he has expectations, but a 12 year old with the ability to block out cameras and all the media nonsense and STILL shoot a 79 AT 12 is unbelievable. Congrats to him.

Last edited:
Wait...what?

All I can say is that is seriously F'd up. That writer needs to be punched in the junk

Wow - way to encourage young players and Chinese golf, ESPN. What a bunch of blowhards.

79 at 12 years only at a professional event. I'm impressed!! Shame on ESPN.

Ummm...wow, epic fail.

12 years old? Congrats for the accomplishments but I seriously think that 12 years old is too young to be eligible to compete in a professional tour event. 14 is pushing it in my opinion. Just my opinion... ymmv

I understand the viewpoint you all are making, and I obviously can't approach that kind of score, but maybe this is where the bar has been raised by Guan Tianlang. Is it fair to this kid two years younger? No, but that is where the comparison will go.

Seriously. Mine would read even worst

I'm shocked that ESPN even covered golf. I thought they only covered Tiger Woods, who happens to play golf.

~Rock

That headline is one of the reasons why professional sports should be for adults, or at least 17 years and up or something. There are reasons why kids should be allowed but, this is not one of them.

I couldn't stand still long enough to hit a golf ball when I was 12 and he shoots a 79??? I'm impressed. I do agree that 12 is too young to be playing in a professional sport, things like this may keep him from progressing further.

I understand the viewpoint you all are making, and I obviously can't approach that kind of score, but maybe this is where the bar has been raised by Guan Tianlang. Is it fair to this kid two years younger? No, but that is where the comparison will go.

Sadly, I think you are right AD. I agree with the adage if you cannot handle it, do not put yourself in the situation. However in this case, the judgement, is the issue I have with it. Failed to impress who? The writer? Want to wager he would not shoot 79? :D

I don't see what the problem is, that is +7, there are tons of golfers on the Internet that were scratch at 10 years old.

If he was from the East coast towns of Boston or New York it would have been worded a little differently.

Fails to impress who? Doogie Howser? The E-trade baby? The kid is 12 and broke 80 in a professional tournament for god's sake! He is probably using a driver on the par 3's and a hybrid from 100yds out, this is an insane achievement!

Back