What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renewed my GHIN so I can officially track my handicap again this year.

I like it Jeff!! Since returning to GHIN two years ago, I push myself MUCH harder. I hope you get the same motivation out of it.

I like it Jeff!! Since returning to GHIN two years ago, I push myself MUCH harder. I hope you get the same motivation out of it.

Thanks man, I definitely think it will. I actually didn't track my handicap last year (after having a GHIN the prior 2 years) and it showed in my dedication to getting better. I know it's weird but its true for me.

Played 18 at a course I'd never played before with very nice greens that were, unfortunately, very slow!

Started the round off at even par and then played a narrow par 5 about as badly as possible.

But all in all, played golf, and so it was a great day! :)

I went to the grand opening of the new golf smith in beavercreek. I didn't win the $1000 drawing unfortunately. Hit some clubs 825 pro's, R1, rbz 2 and ran the LM for some other people. Actually had a guy ask if I worked there which was pretty funny. Got some free e7's and duo's.

Talked with the Wilson rep who stopped in and got his card. We talked about the new d100 series irons and driver, wedges and swapping shafts in my Ci's. We also talked about what's going to becoming from Wilson Staff and how they are expanding their distribution. It was a great conversation and super cool guy. I was complaining about not being able to find Wilson clubs and he offered to drop off anything I was interested in at Golf Smith or to me personally to demo. Yep I will be getting my hands on some Wilson gear this summer for sure.

I went to the grand opening of the new golf smith in beavercreek. I didn't win the $1000 drawing unfortunately. Hit some clubs 825 pro's, R1, rbz 2 and ran the LM for some other people. Actually had a guy ask if I worked there which was pretty funny. Got some free e7's and duo's.

Talked with the Wilson rep who stopped in and got his card. We talked about the new d100 series irons and driver, wedges and swapping shafts in my Ci's. We also talked about what's going to becoming from Wilson Staff and how they are expanding their distribution. It was a great conversation and super cool guy. I was complaining about not being able to find Wilson clubs and he offered to drop off anything I was interested in at Golf Smith or to me personally to demo. Yep I will be getting my hands on some Wilson gear this summer for sure.

That's awesome buddy!! I was going to ask you whether you hit that event or not..

I doubt I'll make it up there terribly soon, but it's definitely on my list. How was it? large? Lots of putting space and hitting bays?

I went to my course and hit a TON of balls. Great practice session today!

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

That's awesome buddy!! I was going to ask you whether you hit that event or not..

I doubt I'll make it up there terribly soon, but it's definitely on my list. How was it? large? Lots of putting space and hitting bays?

I did I'm off today so the chance at a $1000 spree was a no brainer! They are doing it again tomorrow between 8-9 am.

It's a nice store, definitely different than GG and not terribly big but had tons of clubs, bags shoes and misc. gear in there. They have 3 bays all with launch monitors. Tons of demo clubs as well at the bays, different shafts and lofts. The putting area was of decent size and tons of putters.

I'll go back in and spend more time when it's less crowded in a week or so.

Edit: the bays had Qstars in them not crap practice balls, which was definitely nice.

Went to the range and had one of my better range sessions. Really tried to take my time. Really focused on balance and posture.

Got in some range time with the new clubs. 58* Scor, Stage 2 15* and 19* and the DPC 9i.

Cleaned my clubs, regripped some putters, backweighted a couple. I also fell in love with SuperStroke Mid Slims....best putter grip EVER!

It's been raining all day around here so I re-gripped my old set of irons. They were the original grips and the clubs were 16 years old. Easy to do and my old set feels like new. The how to video I watched on youtube said you should change them every year.

Went to the range to try and work out this swing change and help the father in law with his game.

Swung a momentus, it rained all day.

A little thping, range and then tourney round

Played 18 with a few THP'ers.

Thping. Chores before outing. And placed MC iron order and the adjusted said order.

I work 3rd shift (from home) thu-sun, so weekends don't have much golf. I did go to GS today though and have my driver cut down 1" to 44.5". I am looking forward to trying it out on Monday.

Went to another demo day (Adams, Callaway, Cleveland, Mizuno, Taylormade) and had a lesson at GolfTec. Both were really informative. Now I'm in ponder mode for a set of JPX-825 Pros with either KBS C-taper S or DG X-100 shafts. I also really liked the Adams Super LS driver with Black Tie 6M3 in it, and the Adams Puglielli wedges were really nice

THP'd and went to the range hit a small bucket of balls,and hit the practice green

Putt putt with the kids, hit a small bucket of balls, worked on 56 and 60 check shots, putted for a couple of hours, and finally... I put a new grip on a kid's putter. He got a good deal, I gave him an Ultra Slim 1.0 that only had a couple of rounds on it. Hopefully he enjoys it!

Went to several shops and ranges and hit Cleveland 588MT-Wilson Ci9-Wilson FG Tourv2-Ping i20-Ping G20 irons to try and find my iron game. Just not comfortable or confident over my 2.0's any more.

Spent an hour and a half on the range.

Pulled my bag out of the back of my closet, took it outside and gave it a shave (the dust was that bad), cleaned off some of the clubs, discovered that my irons from when i was 10 are woefully too short, ill have to get new ones, and hit some balls around my room with my beat up putter. Oh, and i finally posted on THP after my lurking session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back