2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible? It's crazy awesome.. I can't wait for the experience, after hating myself for not being in Florida this weekend. We are going to have a great time guys.

My only regret is not being able to really partake too much of the libations. I want to be sure I'm as sharp as I can be for the competition and I want to remember every wonderful moment, not be hungover.

Well, maybe I can have a few extra after the practice rounds.

I've been a big fan if alt. shot and still am. But after playing two man scramble front 9 and shamble alt shot back,I am a fan of each. Nice way to warm up with scramble but still needed strategy. Then make the turn into a shamble alt shot made the mind set change. Things can change in a hurry. With a few poor swings.
I had four matches with four different partners and split down the middle. I know what ever formats are decided upon will be sweet.

I will be playing in my first two day tournament event this weekend and I can't wait. I know it'll be a long couple days, but fun none the less and quite challenging. Each 9 is a different format with either 100% or 80% of handicaps, my teammate and I are ready to go and hopefully have a fairly good strategy for Alt Shot. I'm thinking I might get out to the range a couple days this week just to put in some reps of practice on a few pieces.

Also I talked to my pro at my course and he got some dates open for me to work on a few things as well, first and foremost we are going to do a driver lesson, then once the irons are in a few for those and then once the FW and Hybos show up a couple on them. But with only a couple months left it'll be fast and fierce for a little while, I'm hoping my game reacts positively. My pro is not one for swing changes so I'm not worried about re learning anything, but I need a refresher for sure!

All these Albatrossians putting up 70s, WarEagle, Dan. Castor is right there. WCBM just got outta the snow. MikeDean only a few swings away from getting the winter webs out. Wadesworld putting up a lot of pars, and soon shaking away the big numbers. Wake owning fools at the #THPouting

I love where we are at, team.

All these Albatrossians putting up 70s, WarEagle, Dan. Castor is right there. WCBM just got outta the snow. MikeDean only a few swings away from getting the winter webs out. Wadesworld putting up a lot of pars, and soon shaking away the big numbers. Wake owning fools at the #THPouting

Team Albatross!

Sounds a lot like Team Hackers. Except add in our experience and we are good to go!

I played with a few MC at the outing and I have to say, this may be the most compatible MC to date. Some of this boys have a game and just need some tweaks I their game. I will say this, if you have not started working on your stamina or haven't played multiple holes beyond 18...I suggest you do so.

It was warm this weekend and it will be hotter in MB. The responsibilities we have with the heat can be a crusher. Fluids are a must or you'll be laid up like one Sesame Street character was on Saturday night. The sun affected him to the point of wearing knickers on Sunday. But seriously, we are playing golf and I want everyone to to Stay safe. Start preparing now if you have not done so already.

I'm not sure I've ever been hotter than I was in Myrtle Beach and I've played a lot of FL golf. It was something else.

I played with a few MC at the outing and I have to say, this may be the most compatible MC to date. Some of this boys have a game and just need some tweaks I their game. I will say this, if you have not started working on your stamina or haven't played multiple holes beyond 18...I suggest you do so.

It was warm this weekend and it will be hotter in MB. The responsibilities we have with the heat can be a crusher. Fluids are a must or you'll be laid up like one Sesame Street character was on Saturday night. The sun affected him to the point of wearing knickers on Sunday. But seriously, we are playing golf and I want everyone to to Stay safe. Start preparing now if you have not done so already.

lol at sesame street character.

But yeah golf that time of year there is no joke, I think plenty can attest to that from last year

The heat is certainly something I'm concerned about, but as I walk all the time having the ability to ride and save some energy there will be an added bonus.

Staying hydrated is certainly key as well as making sure you've eaten before during and after your rounds to keep your energy level high!!!

I'm planing on starting to do 36 at least every other weekend. Hope to start that this weekend

I'm not sure I've ever been hotter than I was in Myrtle Beach and I've played a lot of FL golf. It was something else.

agreed. hottest golf ever.
there is no prep work that you can do to prepare for that.

except for Kelly. he took practice swings in the sauna at his health club!
i think he left just as white as when he arrived quite honestly....

Luckily the golf wasn't as bad as media day. You have nowhere to go on Friday. At least you get a little cart breeze while you play.

Luckily the golf wasn't as bad as media day. You have nowhere to go on Friday. At least you get a little cart breeze while you play.
Is pouring cold water over yourself acceptable during media day?!?!

Got 36 in this weekend and while I was definitely feeling it at the end of the day, I played my best golf those last 9 holes. I will be doing this quite a bit in the next few months.

I probably wouldn't have looked any more soaked. Should have considered that.

that's what you get for laughing at my undershirt...#HawkSweat

Freddie I think you are right, just looking at the teams we're going to be in for an amazingly competitive event for sure.

As far as the preparation and building stamina you are exactly spot on buddy, that is every bit as critical as working on your golf game.

I'll try to get two rounds in a row tomorrow. It's usually not a problem, but then again, the heat is not a factor here. Thanks Freddie!

Pretty good advice right here. Coming from California and having never played golf in Florida before I can attest that if you haven't played in the high heat / high humidity combo then you are in for a surprise but on the flip side, it's easy to deal with if you be sure to take in lots of fluids while playing and try to keep the direct sunlight off your head as much as possible.

I think round I played at the outing I went through 2 bottles of gatorade and 4 bottles of water and didn't have to take a leak even once during the round.

Oh and the sprayable sunscreen is a must as you sweat so much that you'll need to re-apply ever 5 or 6 holes.

Quite a difference from the near perfect golf weather we have where I'm from.

Pretty good advice right here. Coming from California and having never played golf in Florida before I can attest that if you haven't played in the high heat / high humidity combo then you are in for a surprise but on the flip side, it's easy to deal with if you be sure to take in lots of fluids while playing and try to keep the direct sunlight off your head as much as possible.

I think round I played at the outing I went through 2 bottles of gatorade and 4 bottles of water and didn't have to take a leak even once during the round.

Oh and the sprayable sunscreen is a must as you sweat so much that you'll need to re-apply ever 5 or 6 holes.

Quite a difference from the near perfect golf weather we have where I'm from.
We should just hold the MC in the utopia of California.

We should just hold the MC in the utopia of California.

Only certain parts of California would qualify for the 'utopia' moniker.

Of course those of us out here are just happy to get THP to Vegas for an event this fall. That's good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back