Android Phone Thread

Uhmmm (looking round) I'm @ work :cool:

tappin from my big as note2

BD, you noticed your Note 2 lagging any at all from the day you bought it, or is it still just as smooth?

Seems smooth & fast to me

Seems smooth & fast to me

Yeah. Mine too. It's just funny because I was in Verizon last week and all of the phones seem to be running fine and dandy on the display. I come in today with the S4 just being released to check it out and all of a sudden all of the Note 2's that I was playing with seem to be really slow and lagging. Now I don't know if Verizon has a way of doing this themselves but it just seemed really fishy.

Also one of the guys that were checking out the S4 was asking about the S3 as well to save some coin and the manager was trying to talk him into the S4. He was talking about the huge difference in display brightness and was showing the guy how much brighter the S4 was than the S3. After they walk off I went to check out the S4 and S3 that he was talking about. The S4 was turned up to full torch display brightness and the S3 was turned down to in between one quarter and one half display brightness. Poor guy never even thought to check but I thought it was a really shady retail tactic.

I'll go to a WalMart store. It is $198 there. Gotta sign up for two more years,but that's not a big deal to me. If I get it from T-Mobile without contract, it's going to cost $600+

That's what the installment plan is for. Its really the same as the old way but just numbers shifted around if you do thr math. That's the reasin why they lower your monthly rate on the data. Tmo benefits cuz they get their money for the phone up front and consumers benefit with a little more freedom. Now if you account is not in good standing then you will have fork up the $600+ right away.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If it wasn't for their coverage. .I would really think of leaving them. But I know all of em are crooks.

Yeah. Mine too. It's just funny because I was in Verizon last week and all of the phones seem to be running fine and dandy on the display. I come in today with the S4 just being released to check it out and all of a sudden all of the Note 2's that I was playing with seem to be really slow and lagging. Now I don't know if Verizon has a way of doing this themselves but it just seemed really fishy.

Also one of the guys that were checking out the S4 was asking about the S3 as well to save some coin and the manager was trying to talk him into the S4. He was talking about the huge difference in display brightness and was showing the guy how much brighter the S4 was than the S3. After they walk off I went to check out the S4 and S3 that he was talking about. The S4 was turned up to full torch display brightness and the S3 was turned down to in between one quarter and one half display brightness. Poor guy never even thought to check but I thought it was a really shady retail tactic.

That is a shame IMO. I never go into the store anymore only just to browse around and get an actual feel for the different devices. On the flip side the customer has to be prepared for this stuff and if you do the research you can easily see through some of these various gimmicks.

Sales. Those dudes are in sales. It's their job to sell the new stuff, not the discounted old stuff.

That's what the installment plan is for. Its really the same as the old way but just numbers shifted around if you do thr math. That's the reasin why they lower your monthly rate on the data. Tmo benefits cuz they get their money for the phone up front and consumers benefit with a little more freedom. Now if you account is not in good standing then you will have fork up the $600+ right away.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
No, that's the cost. $198 total. But you have to commit for two more years. It's how I got my last phone for free back in November. This one will be replacing my wife's phone, but I will be using it.

If you do it through T-Mobile, you will have to pay full price, but if you go through a retailer, you get it for cheaper but have to sign up for two more years. No big deal for me since I have been with them since 1999 and have no plans on going anywhere else.

Sales. Those dudes are in sales. It's their job to sell the new stuff, not the discounted old stuff.

I wouldn't make it then. I can't knowingly lie and be underhanded to get somebody to squander money.

Does anybody else think that the phrankenbattery will last during the Ultimate THP Club Testing in August?
I think it will.

Does anybody else think that the phrankenbattery will last during the Ultimate THP Club Testing in August?
I think it will.

its almost a guarantee

I think it will.

I'm so tempted to pick up one for the Note 2. I'm worried about it being wide AND thick though. I mean I have huge hands, but still think that might be a tad too big though.

its almost a guarantee

What about another one like the New England Invitational with just a select few spots available? I think it makes it through that one with flying colors. I guess we will know in a couple of weeks.

What about another one like the New England Invitational with just a select few spots available? I think it makes it through that one with flying colors. I guess we will know in a couple of weeks.

Would you like my entry, JB? Is that what this is about???

I'm so tempted to pick up one for the Note 2. I'm worried about it being wide AND thick though. I mean I have huge hands, but still think that might be a tad too big though.

No wider. Yes enter LOL
OH..frankinbattery will have a cake walk thru those Ozark hills

Would you like my entry, JB? Is that what this is about???

Huh? Its not about an entry, its about spreading the word to some that might have missed a pretty darn special event.
Its not about a person, but a community.

In hand, I was impressed with the frankenbattery, not that big at all.

Effing iPhone lemming I am though.

Huh? Its not about an entry, its about spreading the word to some that might have missed a pretty darn special event.
Its not about a person, but a community.

Ahhhh.... sometimes I don't like forum interactions. Tone and intention of humor never ever translates.

Just switched from an iPhone 4 to a GS4 this weekend. Digging it so far.

I think it will.

I am sure there is a picture somewhere, but you mentioned the back cover is not a normal back cover. Can you post or re-post a picture of it here?

I found the video, that showed it well.

And I know it was brought up elsewhere, but it's easier to just ask, what charger do you use with this huge battery? Did you get one specifically for large capacity batteries or are you just using the charger you used before?

And I know it was brought up elsewhere, but it's easier to just ask, what charger do you use with this huge battery? Did you get one specifically for large capacity batteries or are you just using the charger you used before?

Smalls I would assume that you can use the same charger as you would for the stock battery, it should be MicroUSB.

That video is pretty great right? Haha

Just switched from an iPhone 4 to a GS4 this weekend. Digging it so far.
Awesome, Greg. Only have had mine for less than a day, but I am digging the GS4 as well.

Back