Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw yesterday online that KBS has a new prototype shaft in the works. The KBS homer in me got really excited. Crazy dream: those prototype shafts are available for testing at the NE Invitational sponsored by KBS.

What were the specs for the shafts

I thought I wanted them and then I felt Freddys, they were miserable

Yeah, in hand I was curious, when I installed my sample it lasted 1 round on my 8i

Yeah, in hand I was curious, when I installed my sample it lasted 1 round on my 8i

I greatly prefer rough grips, but those were just downright miserable

I greatly prefer rough grips, but those were just downright miserable

NDMC's and I get along quite well, outside of that I'm not a fan of the other rough grips out there.

Altitudes. I can't get the effers out of my head. I need to shank them on the course again and get it out of my system.

Also pondering grips, need to grab another set but don't know if I want to just go Niion's again or spring the couple extra bucks a grip for the iLines.

I-Lines!! I love it!!

I have a hard time justifying 2.00 more a grip though, that ish adds up.

I believe it.. I want to snag one to try on a wood or something to see if I can justify it.. Dark blue with the baby blue tip = awesome.

All I know is I need to order some this weekend, whatever the flip I go with.

What were the specs for the shafts

Only description that I found: "KBS rep’s mentioned the new performance shaft is a lighter weight construction capable of producing a 5% increase in distance over competitor models. However, that’s all they are saying at this point!"

All I know is I need to order some this weekend, whatever the flip I go with.

Just go niion in a different color.

Just go niion in a different color.

I'll either end up REL's in grey or Niion's in green, I love the Niion's I have on my i20's and J40's, just need another set for some other iron shafts so I don't have to pull any of those grips.

I'll either end up REL's in grey or Niion's in green, I love the Niion's I have on my i20's and J40's, just need another set for some other iron shafts so I don't have to pull any of those grips.

Go with the $$$ then. And stay away from the pricey Z Chords.

Hit my Scors well today. Had a few absolute perfect shots with them. I've been chipping well enough all though I shortsided myself all day today. Yet everytime I hit them, I thought of the Nikes. It is going to happen

Hit my Scors well today. Had a few absolute perfect shots with them. I've been chipping well enough all though I shortsided myself all day today. Yet everytime I hit them, I thought of the Nikes. It is going to happen

We should order at the same time.

I need to get around to ordering ferrules. I just keep putting it off. I really hate paying shipping for a pack of 12 freaking ferrules. Oh well.

Local golf shop is holding a Memorial Day sale, might go in and ponder a bit. I talked to a rep and he said they're holding two specials for iron sets: altitudes and razr x models are sale price with free custom fitting. Hmm, oh to ponder

X Hot Pro 3 wood/3 Deep.

Solid ponder, I"m jumping back and forth between going 3 deep/ 4 wood and 2 wedges, or 15* XHP and 3 wedges

I like the idea of 3 deep being lower launching for off the tee but a little worried about if it would be versatile enough off the deck.

Solid ponder, I"m jumping back and forth between going 3 deep/ 4 wood and 2 wedges, or 15* XHP and 3 wedges

I tend to lean towards having more wedges. The only time I run into having a gap with the woods/long irons is on par 5 but that is not too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back