Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my home course's 155 yard Par 3 18th, hit the flag stick off the tee:

2013-05-22_20-18-33_695.jpg
2013-05-22_20-21-23_252.jpg
2013-05-22_20-21-31_616.jpg

Bit hard to see from up there, so I only heard the ball hit the flag stick. And of course (predictably enough) proceeded to two putt for par

Hit my first 300 yard drive yesterday with my new Ping Anser. Went 301y on a 560y par 5. Hit the perfect layup to leave myself 100y to the hole and chunked it into the water. That's golf!

Best shot of my round today was a simple drive on a straight hole. Nothing exciting, but with the way I was swinging today it was a sight for sore eyes to see a ball fly longish and straight. Probably about 250-255 and dead center of the fairway.

At least it didn't fly off the green and into some water. :D

Truth :act-up:

Hit my first 300 yard drive yesterday with my new Ping Anser. Went 301y on a 560y par 5. Hit the perfect layup to leave myself 100y to the hole and chunked it into the water. That's golf!

And as they say "there's no such thing as a good tee shot and a good approach shot" You gotta chose one or the other!

My best shot was a flopped bunker to a short side pin.. Two hops and in the cup, for a crowd pleasing double bogey.

Congrats on the double. An improvement on your typical triples!

Tapping while drunk is hard!!

There were very few highlights to today's round. Best shot was probably on our #4, a 590 yd par 5 into a south wind. Hit a decent drive but tugged my 2nd into the trees on the left. I had about 190 in (into about a 15 mph wind) but had to hit about 30 yds worth of hook to get to the pin as the only shot I had out was well right of it. I clobbered my hybrid and hooked it enough to run right by the hole. It ran just off the back of the green but left me with a very manageable up and down.

There weren't very many highlights today, but I did have one awesome little pitch shot. Hit a 7-iron to the left side of an elevated green from about 165, so it left me with a pitch to the top tier where the pin was in the back. Needed to land it left of the hole and on the fringe to keep it up on the right level and hit it perfectly. Rolled in for a birdie. I should have gone home after the 5th hole!

Nothing really spectacular today. Most satisfying was probably a driver into the wind on the longest and tightest par 4 on the course. Takes a nice longish draw to give a reasonable approach and pulled it off.

7 iron from around 150 to about 4 feet. Missed the birdie putt.

Also posted in the birdie/eagle thread but best shot was a holed 4 iron from the first cut for first ever eagle, was in denial all the way up to the hole :D

But not enough denial that I didn't stop to take a pic *just in case* :)

eagle.jpg

Also posted in the birdie/eagle thread but best shot was a holed 4 iron from the first cut for first ever eagle, was in denial all the way up to the hole :D

But not enough denial that I didn't stop to take a pic *just in case* :)

eagle.jpg

Great shot! That's quite impressive!

Drove a par four by cutting the corner. Hit it exactly where I aimed, and was able to clear all the trees. Stopped 15 feet above the hole. 285 carry to green center, based on my GPS. Luckily, they had sanded and punched the greens so it landed softly and didn't roll off. I missed the eagle, but made birdie.

A 3 wood with a big helping wind on 18 from 210 out to 12' on 18 to finish with a birdie!

190 out with a creek in front of the green, it plays uphill so I figured I needed to get about 200 to 210 out of my 5 wood, hit it to 15 feet past the pin, missed the bird.

Topped my tee shot on a 315 yard par 4. The ball was above my feet and I played a hybrid from 206y to within 15 feet. That shot saved my round big time.

Doesn't really count since I was just fooling around, but I hit a beauty of a 4 hyron to 20 feet on a long par 3.

2nd shot on the par 4 9th hole, was 120 out after my drive. Ball was above my feet on an uphill lie. Hit my PW to about 4 feet. Missed the putt

Par 4, 2nd hole, I pulled my drive a little right into the rough behind a small gathering of shrubs. I had branches overhanging the fairway on my right, and still had to get it up over the bushes. With about 160 to go, I stuck my second shot about 4 or 5ft from the cup. Hit the putt for birdie!

Tap, tap, taparoo

I hit a nice sand shot on number ten. This wasn't spectacular or anything but I've been working on getting out of wet compacted sand, which this was. I executed the shot very nicely.

Not many today....but I guess on the 1st hole I hit a great drive but ended up in trees (go figure) and had 120yds to the green. Had to punch a 5 iron under and between 2 trees with a bunker on the right. Knocked it just over onto the fringe and 2 putted for a par. After that.....well.

I hooked a drive into the hazard off the tee and had about 210 into the wind. Pulled 18 degree x hot pro hybrid and carried it onto the green and to about 8 feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back