Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played by myself today, and I caught up to a group of three guys ahead of me. One was a nice fellow I've played with before named Leon, one was a young guy named Nathan who works the desk at the course, and one was Robert, the pro I've started taking lessons from. I caught them at a 140 yard par 3, and while Nathan had to run in to work (it's 17...he just ran out of time), the other guys invited me to join them. Leon hit his tee shot a bit short and right, and Robert but a bit too much draw on his iron shot and ended up left, and also a bit short. I got up, kinda dreading my first ever actual in-round golf shot with Robert...

... (if Wadesworld sees this he'll know how unlikely this is) and I hit a perfect 7 iron with a tiny bit of draw on it, landed about 6' short and 6' right, and hopped forward maybe 5' and stopped.

It wasn't just the best shot of my round, it was the single most enjoyable shot of my short golfing life :) Of course I 2-putted for par, but still had a big smile on my face!

... (if Wadesworld sees this he'll know how unlikely this is) and I hit a perfect 7 iron with a tiny bit of draw on it, landed about 6' short and 6' right, and hopped forward maybe 5' and stopped.

It wasn't just the best shot of my round, it was the single most enjoyable shot of my short golfing life :) Of course I 2-putted for par, but still had a big smile on my face!

Way to go Dave! That #17 isn't an easy hole, so that must have been a fantastic shot. Sounds like improvement is coming. Keep working at it...

Put an easy swing on a 56° from 75yards out, landed the ball within 4ft and saved our team a par on #16.

Had a couple of nice long shots, but put them in all the wrong places. If you play unknown courses with no GPS mapping, bring a rangefinder.

Hole No.14 at Druid Hills CC. Par 5.

Third shot was from 136. I hit a solid PW that started just right of the hole and drew in towards it. It landed about a two feet from the cup and stopped just next to the hole - maybe about an inch.

I took a lot of pictures with my phone today, but I didn't take my phone with me to the green to show the approach shot. I was kicking myself on the next tee for not saving it.

3W approach onto the #1 par 5 green. It was a nice baby draw that curled right onto the front of the green. I usually don't try to hit that green in two because of the traps but I'm playing in a scramble tomorrow so practiced aggressively.

Really didn't play well today, but I had a couple of nice shots. My favorite was a 6-iron that I hit in on a par-4. Had 175-180 to a back pin, bunkers on both sides of the green and I hit it perfect. Just flew the left bunker and rolled back to about 8 feet, pin-high.

Drove a short par 4 today. My ball mark was 4 feet from the pin. Made a 12 footer for eagle. The rest of the day was pretty much lousy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

45 foot downhill double breaking putt, new Bettinardi putter...perfect speed died right in the center of the cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday par 4 5th hole, 355 par 4 hit a nice drive had 105 left to a right center flag, hit pw to 6 inch tap-in birdie. One of the best wedges I ever hit.

Number 17, relatively short par 3 and I hit it to about 20 feet.

Made that putt for birdie and parred the last to shoot my best round ever! :banana:

Played in a ladies scramble today. This is an old picture of the hole we were playing at River Forest in Forsyth, GA. The pin was all the way to the top right of the green today and our approach shot was 130 all carry onto a green with little landing area. The first two ladies hit and both went in the water. I hit a beauty right at the pin. It hit 3' before the pin and almost went in. Easy birdie. Felt good!

249699_2116140830240_3765612_n.jpg

Played in a ladies scramble today. This is an old picture of the hole we were playing at River Forest in Forsyth, GA. The pin was all the way to the top right of the green today and our approach shot was 130 all carry onto a green with little landing area. The first two ladies hit and both went in the water. I hit a beauty right at the pin. It hit 3' before the pin and almost went in. Easy birdie. Felt good!

249699_2116140830240_3765612_n.jpg

Kelly I am so happy for you. What a great shot! You really have found your game this year and your confidence shows. So glad I got to see you play again in Orlando. Keep it up. I see many more victories for you this year. Tell OG to start building a bigger trophy case!

Was in the rough, 210 yards to the pin into a breeze. Took out my RBZ 3 hybrid, caught it perfectly and knocked it pin high 20 feet from the pin.

Pretty ugly day that got good late. Had some very good drives hitting solid draws and fades at will.

Best shot was on a short par 3. Playing about 130 uphill I striped my PW and it never left the flag. Got up to the green and was greeted with this. Made the putt to seal it.
rerehehu.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterdays best shot was a 205 yard 4 iron from the rough that I had to slice about 20 yards to get around some trees and over a green side bunker. Left it 30 feet from the pin, but it was on the green. I really was surprised I pulled that one off.

Playing moorland today and on 16(Hells half acre) hit my drive around 250 safely on the green. Sadly missed my first eagle by 4 inches but I love a tap in birdie

I hit two shots within 6 feet of the cup today. One from 113 yards and another from 147. Missed both birdie putts too :banghead:

Time for hawk to get a new putter

had 2 really good iron shots today. First one was an 8 iron on a par 3 and the 2nd was a knockdown PW. Converted both for birdie.

Just practicing my lags dudes!

Way to show me up ddec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back