• Yes

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • NO

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So does slow play affect your game? It kills me. I am a timing guy from the swing to the time between shots. Yesterday I played and there was no one in front of us and I was +1 through 6 holes. Then on 7 we ran into the rest of the groups. Started waiting 10 minutes between shots and that is when my game went to crap. I was really feeling every shot and then when I was waiting I just lost the grove.

Yes. Yes it does.

Yes, it does, like crazy.

A few weeks ago, I was cruising through a round. +2 through 10 holes. Hit slow play, and we are talking about 15-20 minute tee box waits, and 10-15 minute fairway waits, and I proceeded to double/triple/double the following three holes. I got out of rhythm, and could not hit a shot.

It doesn't effect me that much as I am not really a timing type guy, I go by feel. However, it messes with some of my friends quite a bit as they are similar to you. The longer the slow play continues, the more south they go too, it just starts snowballing and it isn't that much fun for them.

unfortunately yes.

i wish it didn't, but it is one of the toughest things to deal with on the golf course IMO.
nothing is worse than hitting and waiting on every hole.

Nope i try to focus on my own game and leave things on the course

Horribly. Just this last weekend I was cruising my way through the front nine, +1 after 5 holes, when we hit the wall in front of us. After a ten minute wait, I snapped one left off the box into the trees, punched out, hit that one in the water, then the next into a bunker. I was not too pleased.

That is exactly the scores I put up yesterday after waiting! I then calmed down and got back to better play but by that time I had lost that feeling.
Yes, it does, like crazy.

A few weeks ago, I was cruising through a round. +2 through 10 holes. Hit slow play, and we are talking about 15-20 minute tee box waits, and 10-15 minute fairway waits, and I proceeded to double/triple/double the following three holes. I got out of rhythm, and could not hit a shot.

I've recently made a conscious effort to try and deal with slow play better. I was so ticked off the last time I played a foursome then, after we finished, I realized it was a 4 hour round. I have to relax sometimes and realize that 4-4.5 hours will be average for summer play. What got me that day wasn't that the course was crowded it was ONE guy in our group that was the culprit. Great guy, just unbelievably slow.

It used to really bother me. I've gotten much better keeping my cool while waiting to hit recently, but it is something I have been, and continue to work on.

What got me that day wasn't that the course was crowded it was ONE guy in our group that was the culprit. Great guy, just unbelievably slow.

This still bothers me a lot. And I don't seem to have a magic cure for this aggravation.

I have noticed that when I play with others and have to ride to their ball first and watch them hit and then ride to my ball it affects my game a lot. Didnt notice it until I went and played by myself and it was unbelievable the flow and rhythm I got it by not having to wait at someone else's ball. I guess it is because when I finally get to my ball I get rushed so I don't slow down the group and the game goes to crap for me.

I might try walking next time I play with a foursome to see if that will help by being able to walk straight to my ball and getting ready to hit so when its my turn I can just swing away

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Slow play doesn't affect me a ton, but it's certainly a negative effect no matter the amount!

I get annoyed waiting on the tee box a lot, but I really don't think it affects my game at all. I like to be done and on my way in 4 hours but that's just preference, not a necessity for me to score well

I would love to be able to say that it doesn't effect me at all, but it does. It's not that I'm in a big rush to get the round over with, I just like to feel like the round is progressing and not at a stand still. I don't mind waiting a minute or two between getting up to the ball and hitting, but when it gets into the 5-10 minute wait times, it bothers me.

Yes slow definitely affects my game both mentally and physically. I have really tried to stay loose on tee boxes by taking practices swings that are as close as I can get to the real shot that I am going to hit. I will do this at least twice depending on the situation. When I do this I also go through my pre shot exactly as I would normally it gives the mind a feel that I am actually preparing to hit a shot.

I sucks dealing with slow play but coming up with creative and different ways to deal with it can benefit your game.

Yes, it seems like the faster I play the better I play. Slow play kills my game.

No. I love six-hour rounds. Lets me enjoy the nature.

Yes. I got mad just thinking about it. What's even worse is when its slow and there's people waiting on me because I'm waiting on someone else, I feel rushed to get out of their way even though there's no where I can go. Then I play even worse because not only do I have no rythm and stiffening up from waiting, but I rush my shot.

Slow play in front of me doesn't affect me as much as slow play within my group does. I'm patient, but I get stressed out if I feel like my group is causing things to get backed up.

Too right it does. I love the game but I have better things to do than be out there for five plus hours.

Nope, I not only play golf for fun. I also play for the enjoyment of being outdoors. Im never in a hurry when I play, its just more time for me to enjoy being outdoor.

No. I do try to only let the things I can control affect my round.

If things get slow I just relax and enjoy being alive.

It does bother me and affect my game, but not as much as others I think. What bothers me way more is being rushed. Not talking about a mostly normal pace. I mean the polo player guy who barely stops the cart to take his shot. (even though there are 4 groups in front of him).

I think it depends on how slow, if we are talking just off pace not really, if we are pushing 5+ hour rounds then that gets really annoying.

Back