KJ Choi Buys Irons At Golf Galaxy

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Walked in, tested 5 or so sets. Had the guys check the swing weights. Walked out with Mizuno MP-64 irons with True Temper S400s in them.

Walked in, tested 5 or so sets. Had the guys check the swing weights. Walked out with Mizuno MP-64 irons with True Temper S400s in them.

who is his sponser?

The guy has always been his own man. Sounds pretty cool to me, I bet he plays well next time out.

KJ always cracks me up. He marches to his own beat, gotta love that,.

• Admin
KJ always cracks me up. He marches to his own beat, gotta love that,.

My favorite is when he played hybrid through the 6.

That's awesome! It will be interesting to se WITB next time out.

that's awesome. Wonder if the person who first dealt with him knew who he was. Hope they didn't try to talk him out of those Mizuno's

he did that and contended at the masters with that setup. Crazy talk

That's not something you see everyday.

And aaaaaaaaaaaall we heard about was how many headcovers he'd have and how he'd be at a disadvantage by doing so.

he did that and contended at the masters with that setup. Crazy talk

I know right. Who could look at that top line, work the ball and play good golf. :D

Perhaps he'll play the Altitudes sometime. Then he'll play hybrid through the 9i. :alien:

This is awesome! Can you imagine the sales guy reaction to all this. I'm sure he was given the real deal treatment though. Not what we all have to go through.

K.J is just different with his equipment Gotta love it. I wonder if he was told that he needs to be a good ball striker to play blades.

Apparently he tried the Titleist 712 CB's, Mizzuno MP-59, MP-69 and MP-64's he ended up buying. What's crazy is he said the 3 other sets he didn't buy felt like they had an inconsistent swing weight but the 64's were good. They checked them and he was right - D2's on the MP64's and the rest ranged from D2-D4 across the set.

He is like a goalie in hockey. Little corky, but awesome for the fans to follow.

If there was ever a time to make sure the launch monitor was calibrated correctly, that was the time.

That or KJ was hitting 220 yard 6 irons.

KJ is a well known tinkerer of clubs, gotta love him.

Didn't Furyk walk into a Golf Galaxy and buy a putter off the rack a few weeks back too?

Apparently he tried the Titleist 712 CB's, Mizzuno MP-59, MP-69 and MP-64's he ended up buying. What's crazy is he said the 3 other sets he didn't buy felt like they had an inconsistent swing weight but the 64's were good. They checked them and he was right - D2's on the MP64's and the rest ranged from D2-D4 across the set.

I saw something about him knowing the difference in the weight of one grip that was placed on his 8. They only had 12 of the same grips for the weight. He found it right away.

Cool to see that he can get whatever he wants with a phone call but he is still humble and acts like the rest of us.

Taylor (Texas Hacker) saw him this weekend at a local range here in Plano with his daughter working with her. Just them 2 with her hitting balls. Said her swing is a thing of beauty.

Didn't Furyk walk into a Golf Galaxy and buy a putter off the rack a few weeks back too?

Wasn't that the Yes! putter that he won the Tour Championship with in 2010? or 2011 whichever it was.

Back