KJ Choi Buys Irons At Golf Galaxy

Didn't Furyk walk into a Golf Galaxy and buy a putter off the rack a few weeks back too?

His Yes! putter he used to win the FedEx Cup was from off the rack at either an Edwin Watts or Golf Galaxy. I can't remember which off the top of my head.

Love watching him play... talk about an effortless swing... wow, self taught too.

Some hack borrowing a demo glove and trying out a new used club in the simulator probably made him wait his turn to hit.

This has been a fun read, like KJ even better after reading it.

Very interesting, seemed to work for Furyk and putters over the years!

His Yes! putter he used to win the FedEx Cup was from off the rack at either an Edwin Watts or Golf Galaxy. I can't remember which off the top of my head.

I was thinking he won with a Odyssey putter that he got at a roadside used golf club shop??Thought I saw that on GC...

Some hack borrowing a demo glove and used club hitting balls in the simulator probably made him wait too. Or do you think the sales guy booted him out of the simulator?

He must have bought in to the grain flow forged marketing.

Some hack borrowing a demo glove and used club hitting balls in the simulator probably made him wait too. Or do you think the sales guy booted him out of the simulator?

No way he was in the sim. Flightscope for sure.

I was thinking he won with a Odyssey putter that he got at a roadside used golf club shop??Thought I saw that on GC...

Close. Mix our stories together and we nailed it. Per ESPN:

Furyk picked up the used "Yes! Sophia" putter at Joe & Leigh's Discount Golf Pro Shop at Pine Oaks Golf Course in Easton, Mass., earlier this month. He bought it during a quiet visit to the shop after the third round of the Deutsche Bank Championship at TPC Boston in Norton, The Enterprise of Brockton first reported.
That same putter was in Furyk's hands when he made a 2-foot putt for par that clinched the $1.35 million Tour Championship and another $10 million for winning the FedEx Cup.

KJ has more confidence in Galaxy techs handling golf clubs than I do. That's impressive hahaha! (One bad egg, yeah yeah, all in fun).

I love that down to earth approach.

KJ is awesome. I like to think I'd do that if I was a pro too.

Taylor (Texas Hacker) saw him this weekend at a local range here in Plano with his daughter working with her. Just them 2 with her hitting balls. Said her swing is a thing of beauty.

It was gorgeous. She is going to be good I think. She looked to be about 17-18 and had just a phenomenal swing

It says a lot about Mizunos that he can play whatever he want and has even played Miuras in the past but chooses to play Mizunos when it comes to buying it with his hard-earned cash.

Welcome to Bizarro World where THP tries to give members full fittings on outside launch monitors like the pros and the pros go to Golf Galaxy to buy clubs like amateurs do.

Close. Mix our stories together and we nailed it. Per ESPN:

Furyk picked up the used "Yes! Sophia" putter at Joe & Leigh's Discount Golf Pro Shop at Pine Oaks Golf Course in Easton, Mass., earlier this month. He bought it during a quiet visit to the shop after the third round of the Deutsche Bank Championship at TPC Boston in Norton, The Enterprise of Brockton first reported.
That same putter was in Furyk's hands when he made a 2-foot putt for par that clinched the $1.35 million Tour Championship and another $10 million for winning the FedEx Cup.

If you have ever bought a used club from 3balls.com, then you have dealt with this shop. It's about 45 minutes away from me, great guys in there. They have a picture with Furyk and the putter on their website.

Sent from Tapatalk

Cool story for sure! I wonder if he was wearing a button-up shirt and a pair of jeans and had some sales guy telling him he's "Gotta try the new Rocketbladezzzz!!!"

It says a lot about Mizunos that he can play whatever he want and has even played Miuras in the past but chooses to play Mizunos when it comes to buying it with his hard-earned cash.

I agree with this statement.

KJ couldn't pass up that buttery Mizuno feel.:alien:

Back