Android Phone Thread

I didnt know there was such a thing. Downloading!

Yup just found it thank you Pulse and Phandroid

Apparently it is a freeMium app, not exactly sure what that is but it could be expensive haha

Loving the battery life so far. I tapped out at 23h and I feel like I used it all damn day lol it destroys my iphone4s in that sense. I turned off all of the gestures for now tho cuz I dont really need them. I did laugh when it popped up with s warning telling me that listening to my music too loud for long periods of time can cause hearing loss hahaha ok ok now shut the hell up and let me jam

Just wanted to jump back in here and tell anyone considering the HTC One that you will not be disappointed if you make that plunge. This is one fine piece of machinery.

I have no doubt the S4 is fantastic as well (loved my S3) but I am really enjoying everything about this phone. Not to mention, two different people have looked at it and immediately commented on how cool it is and wanted to check it out.

Happy Woo.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've been holding out hope that Moto would come out with a Droid 5 (really love my physical keyboards) but as each month passes with no announcement, I'm slowly resigned to the fact I need to find something else. So far this phone seems to be the leader of the pack if I don't got w/ "ancient" technology of the Droid 4 (I refuse to buy any more Samsung phones after problems with 3 of them in the last decade).

I've been holding out hope that Moto would come out with a Droid 5 (really love my physical keyboards) but as each month passes with no announcement, I'm slowly resigned to the fact I need to find something else. So far this phone seems to be the leader of the pack if I don't got w/ "ancient" technology of the Droid 4 (I refuse to buy any more Samsung phones after problems with 3 of them in the last decade).

I still don't understand the love of physical keyboards. I mean if it's your thing then cool. I just love Swype/SwiftKey Flow. I can type at least three times faster using this method than pecking away one letter at a time.

I still don't understand the love of physical keyboards. I mean if it's your thing then cool. I just love Swype/SwiftKey Flow. I can type at least three times faster using this method than pecking away one letter at a time.

I like swype, otherwise I can't STAND touchscreen keyboards.

After coming over from the iphone to the s4 a couple weeks ago, not having to type each letter is amazing.

I've been a fan of Swiftkey for a long time, but Swiftkey Flow has taken it to a whole new level. Big fan.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I downloaded Kii, Keyboard from Google Play yesterday. Using the free version, and I like it a lot.

My frankenLemon is taking about as long to get to me as I expect the battery itself to last.. Prob not til mid next week.

Blargh!
That sucks. I hate waiting for stuff.

My frankenLemon is taking about as long to get to me as I expect the battery itself to last.. Prob not til mid next week.

Blargh!

And it's all my fault...

As much of a iPhone homer as I am, I am hoping the Moto X proves successful. I would pay extra for an iPhone or similar device if it was manufactured in its entirety in the USA> If only as proof that people will pay more for better quality product made in America.

Ill have 20 plus hours on battery charge number 2 with the s4, I can live with that

Ill have 20 plus hours on battery charge number 2 with the s4, I can live with that

I just got 39 hours out of mine, that works for me. I'm getting 24 when I use it heavily (for me).

I just got 39 hours out of mine, that works for me. I'm getting 24 when I use it heavily (for me).

21 then it crashed I used it heavily yesterday we will see if it improves

21 then it crashed I used it heavily yesterday we will see if it improves

I'm betting it will when you aren't playing on it. 18 or so of those hours was spent in a rural area in a car wehre I'm going from 4g to 3g to 1x to no coverage frequently. From what I hear thats hard on a battery.

I'm betting it will when you aren't playing on it. 18 or so of those hours was spent in a rural area in a car wehre I'm going from 4g to 3g to 1x to no coverage frequently. From what I hear thats hard on a battery.

It is. Service is spotty and week here in Watertown and my battery only lasts for about 17 hours on average. That's a whole day and a little better than an iPhone. So it's not a problem to me.

Uhhh yeah so it has been a glorious Sunday so far!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370199993385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370199993385.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
So guys I am in the process of the first battery drain I am at 13% right now. If I remember correctly War said to condition the battery to do this at least 3 times. Is that what you guys are doing or have done? Thanks

Absolutely loving the phone so far! Amazing speed and the screen WOW I am going to be spending all day and night playing around with all of the cool new features.

So guys I am in the process of the first battery drain I am at 13% right now. If I remember correctly War said to condition the battery to do this at least 3 times. Is that what you guys are doing or have done? Thanks

Absolutely loving the phone so far! Amazing speed and the screen WOW I am going to be spending all day and night playing around with all of the cool new features.

Im on 3rd time now gonna do 1 more

You should never let a lithium ion battery drain empty - it decreases the life of the battery.

I know there is a ton of stuff out there about conditioning a battery, but lithium ion batteries such as those in laptops and phones do not need to be conditioned.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

You should never let a lithium ion battery drain empty - it decreases the life of the battery.

I know there is a ton of stuff out there about conditioning a battery, but lithium ion batteries such as those in laptops and phones do not need to be conditioned.

Yeah, but the phone actually turns off when there is still a tad of charge left in the battery (to protect it). So you're not actually draining the cell completely.

Yeah, but the phone actually turns off when there is still a tad of charge left in the battery (to protect it). So you're not actually draining the cell completely.

Correct, and the phones now have the technology to stop charging at 100%as to not overcharge the battery

Back