The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground certainly appears more level before you begin to fill something up with water. Say, a 3000 gallon pool for example.

2005 Mazda 6.
It's been "skipping / missing" seemed to do it mostly when it wanted / needed to get a little more or change gears down like going up hill. Some when idling. but mostly when accelerating. A few years ago, had a similar problem and it was some type of intake valve hose that was loose. So when I got an oil change I asked them to look at it and mentioned said past problem.

They said after looking at it that it was the plugs and boots. I left it there and about an hour later they called saying there was oil leaking into the plug "valve?".
So it needed valve cover gaskets.

And also a "mpi ignition coil"

They guy said it probably needed one more coil but they couldn't tell which one was bad and the only time it was missing was in cruise when it was in 6th and going slightly uphill. It wouldn't give them a code to show which other coil wasn't quite right.

It was missing more than normal withing 1 mile when I left today. I called immediately and they apologized and said, they didnt' know why it was doing that and asked if I'd bring it back in the morning.
I took some video of it idling and the rpm indicator jumping down and then back up. Its missing more than it was to start with.

So frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Strange. A secondary ignition misfire will not occur at idle and only on a "pull" aka under acceleration.

What else is strange is that a vacuum leak is the exact opposite. Will only miss at idle but will clear up once the car is under load. The valve cover leaking makes sense as the spark plug tube seals will leak oil in to the coil tubes and cause the rubber boots to swell and arc spark to the engine itself.

Is the engine light on?

Is it a 4 cylinder?

Strange. A secondary ignition misfire will not occur at idle and only on a "pull" aka under acceleration.

What else is strange is that a vacuum leak is the exact opposite. Will only miss at idle but will clear up once the car is under load. The valve cover leaking makes sense as the spark plug tube seals will leak oil in to the coil tubes and cause the rubber boots to swell and arc spark to the engine itself.

Is the engine light on?

The engine light has not come on.

I know that the work they did was probably necessary. Just hate that it's still having problems idleing and while accelerating.
More Problems & No more money

The engine light has not come on.

I know that the work they did was probably necessary. Just hate that it's still having problems idleing and while accelerating.
More Problems & No more money

I completely understand. What motor is in the vehicle? 6 or 4 cylinder?

6. Has 138k on it now

3.0's are notorious for failing #2 coil's. The problem is this coil is under the intake and is a real pain to access. the fact they say it needs another coil but could not identify which one leads me to believe they are incompetent. Diagnosing secondary ignition faults (Coils/Spark plugs) is extremely simply with the right equipment and knowledge.

I wish I could help bro and could probably have the problem figured out in 10 minutes if I had the car in front of me but I don't want to have you start throwing parts at a vehicle. My suggestions is to find another shop who know's what they are doing. I can't believe they even would let the car leave ion that condition.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Sometimes a fault code can be stored in the ECM even though an engine light is not illuminated. If you have an Autozone or Pep Boys near by have they scan it for free and if they find anything shoot me a PM with a code I could probably tell you what the problem is right away.

3.0's are notorious for failing #2 coil's. The problem is this coil is under the intake and is a real pain to access. the fact they say it needs another coil but could not identify which one leads me to believe they are incompetent. Diagnosing secondary ignition faults (Coils/Spark plugs) is extremely simply with the right equipment and knowledge.

I wish I could help bro and could probably have the problem figured out in 10 minutes if I had the car in front of me but I don't want to have you start throwing parts at a vehicle. My suggestions is to find another shop who know's what they are doing. I can't believe they even would let the car leave ion that condition.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Sometimes a fault code can be stored in the ECM even though an engine light is not illuminated. If you have an Autozone or Pep Boys near by have they scan it for free and if they find anything shoot me a PM with a code I could probably tell you what the problem is right away.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Gonna see what they say tomorrow but I'm not giving then another damn cent.

Jrod is the man! BA with an itchy trigger finger too

My wife & I picked up some kind of stomach bug over the weekend. I've felt like throwing up for 2 days & a knot in my gut. She had to leave work early today & hasn't gotten off the couch since she got home.
I hate feeling like this!

I absolutely cannot go to freaking sleep!

I absolutely cannot go to freaking sleep!

That's me every day I don't get drunk.

And I try not to drink.

It sucks.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Rant: JRod isn't teaching other mechanics to be good at their job

A professor on campus sent out an email asking did anyone want to buy 'Crispy Creme' doughnuts.

She's in the English Department.

A professor on campus sent out an email asking did anyone want to buy 'Crispy Creme' doughnuts.

She's in the English Department.

That's probably why her subconscious corrected the Ks to Cs.

That's probably why her subconscious corrected the Ks to Cs.

And she has probably 30 boxes of the correct spelling in her office staring her in the face. Haha

No AC in the house. I've been spoiled my whole life and had AC but since moving into my own place I havent needed it. A few days of 80's and 90's have made the house incredibly unpleasant. Dog sitting as well and the 80lbs lab has a personal space issue. Hot weather + hot dog breath = crabby Mike. Going to pick up a few AC units today and hopefully cool the place down!

Sitting here waiting for appliances to be delivered "some time between 7 and 11. They had one other delivery in Baltimore. I wonder if they meant 7pm-11pm!

Storms are supposed to be worse today than yesterday.

Tornado Alley....yay.

Storms are supposed to be worse today than yesterday.

Tornado Alley....yay.

Stay safe.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Some days just effing suck.

Additional rant for just this morning.

T-A-C-T. Have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back